Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
How many blush colours do y'all have?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I can understand why one would need different eye and lip colours, but does one really need more than 2 blush colours? How many blushes (of diff colours) do y'all own?
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
I can understand why one would need different eye and lip colours, but does one really need more than 2 blush colours? How many blushes (of diff colours) do y'all own?

In terms of different colours, maybe three? But, I have about three to four different shades of pink. I think if a person was truly minimalist or on a strict budget, two would probably suffice.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I used to only have two - an everyday pink and a peach. But now I have a lot more depending whether I wanna look more sophisticated (a more down-to-earth pink), natural winter flush (pale pink), brighter pink for summer, and a light peach and a dark peach. I like lighter colours for a more natural look or when I'm doing up my eyes or lips. Sometimes when I'm wearing darker colours or if I'm working I'd like something a little darker or more muted to get a classier look.

I'm very picky about blushes and not a lot of colours work with me. So far my favorite blush brand is MAC. I'm starting to like Stila a lot because more of their colours work for me because they're a LOT sheerer - I have to really layer to get it showing but in the end I get a very natural look. The problem with Stila is that they're very soft and powder flies everywhere whenever my brush touches it (and I've tried 3 different brushes, blush brush, duo fiber brush, JI handi - all react the same). The powder doesn't really stick to the brush either so I can only use Stila with my MAC 188. In terms of pigment/texture it's definitely MAC (more economical too!) but only 3-4 of their colours work well with my skin and they're similar on my skin too so not much variation.

I also really like Alima blushes (shimmer ones) - they're very pigmented but are also very natural, definitely purchasing in Jan as I heard they will be having a special on their blushes.

Blushes I own:
Stila: Soar (perfect for a light winter flush), Tutu (name says it all, cute girly pink), Fade (got it in a swap, have not yet used - a light brownish rose colour), blush from Glacier Ice palette which is very perfect everyday natural look or sophisticated look (but this is actually VERY sheer and it will take some time getting it to show up), and Sugarloaf duo - pretty much the same as MAC peachykeen but looks WAY better on my skin - sophisticated deep warm peach.

MAC: cheek - my HG peach blush along with Sugarloaf.

Alima (samples): Lotus, Candy, Rosa, Peony, Primrose, Pink Blush, Carnation and Bisque - the only ones I actually use are Candy, Rosay and Peony. The last three listed are matte and are too pigmented for me. Candy is my favorite, I also love Rosa but need to use a light hand or else I would look slapped. Peony is nice too but I need to layer it to get enough colour and I don't need it as it's sort of similar to Soar. Primrose doesn't show up on me at all. Lotus is too pink for me.

Really want to try Bobbi Brown's Desert Rose and Sand Pink though - which are the ONLY 2 colours that would EVER work on my skin (tried it at the counter).

I'm NC20 so when blushes don't show up on my skin it means they're pretty sheer.

Wow such a long post - blushes are essential to me because I look sick without it.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Good God Sormuimui that's a lot of blushes you have! Shock Do you ever get to use it - any of it - up?

I have a pink mousse from Stila's rouge pots (forgot the name) and a peachy one, and also BB in Tawny. I find myself using alot of Tawny these days because on me it can look either peach or pink depending on my lip colour, so it works well any outfit I wear.

Now when you said dark but muted what exactly did you mean?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I've used up about 3-4 full size MAC blushes over the past few years and I used to only buy one MAC blush at a time to only have 2 but been wanted to experiment so I just purchased the Stila ones not too long ago - got 2 of them in a swap. I will actually use them up though because I use blush on a daily basis. The Alima ones are just samples that I either purchased or were given to me as extras with my purchase

My view of "dark" isn't really dark according to most people so I termed it "muted". I have pretty light skin so obviously I can't use the usual dark blushes. When I was looking for blushes many SA termed the ones I wanted "warmer" but I don't agree with that term because warm means more orange or more peach tones. So instead of muted perhaps I like deeper pinks - I can only work with pinks and if I use peaches they must have some pink in them too like MAC Cheek. All my shades apart from Sugarloaf are different shades of pink. But anyways, what I meant by muted basically meant pinks with more earthy or nude tones but not to the point where the brown overwhelms the pink. For example if you look at the Alima swatches my fav is Candy which is described as a "muted neutral pink" and it seems to work very well with my skintone.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I have 2 -- NARS Amour (for daytime) and NARS Orgasm (for night, or to refresh blush later in the day). I like the color of Orgasm better, but I don't like the shimmer for daytime.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I have a lot of blushes. I havent got the nerve to count them...

I have different colour blushes to go with different lip colours ie warm toned blushers to go with red shade lips, and pink tone blush to go with pinker lippies, etc.

Sometimes I want to look more healthy so I go for a bronzer colour, sometimes I want to look more girlie and I go for a super girlie pink.

I tend to mix them up from mmu blush samples.

I have two spots on my right cheekbone right now due to trying the Alima blushes... Confused they are lovely, but my skin doesnt like them.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I did a count and ... 15 blushes ... plus two Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks I use to layer over the top.

The ones I use the most at the moment are Stila Convertible Colour, Alima Pink, Nars Orgasm and the Shimmer Bricks. And I just got Scott Barnes Palette in Posh this week, which looks very nice but haven’t used it yet.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I only have one - Stila's Rouge Pot in Waterlily. It seems to suit me - whether my face is my normal preternatural beyond-white, or whether I'm using fake tan.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
i don't have any blushes. I can never find the right colour so i gave up Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Most of you have seen my picture in one thread or another, so you know my coloring: whiter-than-white skin, medium golden brown hair, blue eyes. So, does anyone have any suggestions for blush colors that might look good on me? I currently use Sue Devitt's East Hampton blush, which is a matte candy pink, and L'Oreal's Blush Delice in Raspberry Sorbet which is a warm coral with gold shimmer. I also just bought Bourjois' Lube D'Or, which is like a shimmery beige pink, but I haven't tried it out yet. Frankly, I feel like the L'Oreal blush might be the most natural on me--- does that mean that corals are the best for me? If so, does anyone have any suggestions for good ones? Supposedly peach-colored blushes are supposed to look natural on fair-skinned girls like me, but I bought a peach-colored blush (it was the lightest color in that True Match L'Oreal line) and it just made me look like I had use a foundation that was too dark. Confused For whatever reason plums look dreadful on me too. I'd definitely welcome any suggestions as I would love to expand my blush collection with colors that I'll actually wear!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
this is slightly off topic but i've never seen pictures of anyone here. I can't figure out how to even post a picture...just a link.

My colouring sounds like yours manslayerliz, except i have amber brown eyes instead of blue. I hate anything pink because i just hate pink so i would probably go for a peachy shade for myself. I hate plums too, they look dirty to me...that's why i gave up. I couldn't find a good match...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I used to buy blushes non stop because I liked the color and never even put them on. Recently I looked over my makeup bag and threw out anything and everything I wouldn't use again. This left me with about 4-5 blushes I know I'd use again. My fav is my MAC blush.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Benefit's Dandelion is the only one that I use on a regular basis, but I keep about 4 or 5 around in various shades to match what kind of look I'm going for.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I have bequeathed my blush collection-actually all my make-up-to my eldest daughter should the make-up survive me-I guarantee it will. For now, she has access only to my 'reject box'. actually it's a big box.

Manslayer, Trish McEvoy has wonderful pink/rose slightly shimmer blushes for fair skin. Plums are hard to wear. I'm medium skin tone & they make me look bruised. There's a great armani blush-no.10- a light pink shimmer that would look great on you. Combination peach/pinks would look better than straight peaches which may look harsh & turn orange (darken).
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I have one, Clinique Perfect Blush in Mocha Pink.

What a loser... Smile
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
plus two Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks I use to layer over the top.

I absolutely love my Bobbi Brown shimmer brick! You have both colors then, the pink one and and the brown tone one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have about 20. (do not use them all at once, lol!).
I am a makeup addict, as well as skincare, lol! Laughing Very Happy
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have 10 in my "current" train case, plus probably a few others I've put into my overlow bag (which is stuff I don't use any longer, but am not sure if I want to get rid of yet).

Right now in my traincase I have:

Bobbi Brown: Shimmerbrick in Rose - use this as a blush as well, instead of just a highlighter

Benefit: Dandelion - not actually a blush, but I'm pale enough that I can use it as a blush (although I sometimes use it very lightly all over too)

Stila: All Over Glow - ditto to above. It also has a nice highlighter in the package.

Stila: Pink Glow Cheek Duo - no longer available I don't think, but a nice lighter pink and dusty rose combo colour

Nars: Orgasm - great peachy shade

Dior: Bronze Sunshine Blush in Sunrise Party - this is my most recent purchase. It's alittle more "bronzy" than my others, but still a peachy/pink as well.

MAC: Pinch 'O Peach - more pinky than peach I think, but a nice matte shade

MAC: Sweet William Brushcream - nice pink cream blush

Benetint - I like to use this one weekends as it gives a nice natural flush

So yeah, mostly pinks and some peaches. I have WAAAAY too much to ever use up I'm sure - none of these I've even made a noticeable dent in. But I love having the variety. Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
First, I am nuts over make up. I actually only use two mostly, but I have 12. I know, that's crazy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
My next one (though I know I don't need it) would probably be Scott Barnes' Samba. Well, at least you get 3 blushes..
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I own 23 blushes at last count, and they are all varying shades of peach, pink, peachy-pink, beigey-pink and tawny nudes. But they vary in finish (some are shimmery, some are glowy, some are matte) and formula (cream, powder, gel, etc.) I just love blush, that's all. Personally, I think it's a prettier cosmetic to have on your face than colored eyeliner or bright lipstick.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of blushes do you girls prefer? I've only tried powder, but was wondering about the cream blushes and anything else out on the market.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I normaally can't wear cream since I have oily skin, plus it enhance me pores...but I like Armani (I've been evoking his name a lot lately)..it's cream to powder & the colors are wonderful. No settling into pores. It's a small selection, but what's there is nice.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I have bequeathed my blush collection-actually all my make-up-to my eldest daughter should the make-up survive me-I guarantee it will. For now, she has access only to my 'reject box'. actually it's a big box.

Manslayer, Trish McEvoy has wonderful pink/rose slightly shimmer blushes for fair skin. Plums are hard to wear. I'm medium skin tone & they make me look bruised. There's a great armani blush-no.10- a light pink shimmer that would look great on you. Combination peach/pinks would look better than straight peaches which may look harsh & turn orange (darken).

Wow, thanks Marina!!! I'll def. check those out! Surprised

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |