Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
anyone know if the glycolic in this is strong enough to be effective for lines and hyperpigmentation too? I'm using it for acne but it would be awesome if it could tone down my freckles and my baby 11's as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Do those of you who use this find you also have to use a spot treatment as well or do you find you stay pretty clear with just using this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure about hyperpigmentation yet... But it's working great on controlling my acne. My pores look smaller too.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Can this be applied everyday or should one start slowly initially - e.g. 3 times a week? I put it on for the first time last night and am wondering whether to do it again tonight or to wait.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Just received the cream from skinstore.com
(they have amazingly fast shipping and an awesome return policy!) and tried it tonight. I didn't get any irritation. I'm hoping I don't purge, as some have said they have, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

I'm aiming to use this every night. We'll see what happens!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the lotion for about 3 weeks now and have not had any purge at all. I have dry to combo skin and amazingly this have not dried my skin out. My skin is looking soo clear/poreless, and not a single breakout ever since. I'm in love with Jan Marini Bioclear lotion!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
wow -- this stuff is seriously awesome for adult acne. I've got the cream and it hasn't caused any problems with my slightly dry skin -- just been clearing it up! It really seems to have a strong anti-inflammatory effect - I haven't even been using concealor on some leftover spots because it seems to take the red out on its own.
plus it's not too expensive with my forum discount, and the EDS JM free gifts are quite nice (I've been using the free bioglycolic night cream on my neck and chest)

ETA: the cream is not too heavy for day use -- to me it feels more like a firm creamy gel. It leaves your skin a little bit shiny and sticky...I put a little moisturizer over it and either LM MMU or LM TM.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the cream for a few days. I had a stint of dry skin for a few days before I started this. My face was itching somewhat and I was starting to get flakeys...I have NO idea what changed to make my skin go that route. I haven't changed anything in my routine. The weather is getting hotter, and that's the only thing I can think of that would attribute to the dryness.

Anyway, this has even helped with the flakeys and has not dried me out. I have been experiencing a little bit of purging, but nothing that my foundation can't cover (at least right now!). I'm trying to just let it takes its course and not adding anything to it (like BHA or spot treatment) to see if it clears itself up on its own. Like I said, it's not too bad right now, nothing like DHCC!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Paris Troika, when you first start using the Bioclear, you're supposed to use it once a day and then increase to twice daily.

The Bioclear has Kojic, Glycolic and Salycilic Acids so yes, it will help with hyperpigmentation.

Just keep using the Bioclear and your skin will soon have the "Bioclear Glow". I love this stuff. As I've said before, the reason I chose to carry the JM Line is because it is the first skin care system that truly made a difference in the appearance and texture of my skin. It didn't happen overnight. I'd say it took about 6 weeks but it was almost like an epiphany. Wow!!! This stuff really works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to correct Patty...the Bioclear has Azelaic acid, not kojic. Kojic acid is in IS Active.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dollbird.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
Paris Troika, when you first start using the Bioclear, you're supposed to use it once a day and then increase to twice daily.

The Bioclear has Kojic, Glycolic and Salycilic Acids so yes, it will help with hyperpigmentation.

Just keep using the Bioclear and your skin will soon have the "Bioclear Glow". I love this stuff. As I've said before, the reason I chose to carry the JM Line is because it is the first skin care system that truly made a difference in the appearance and texture of my skin. It didn't happen overnight. I'd say it took about 6 weeks but it was almost like an epiphany. Wow!!! This stuff really works.

Can you use it on top of Vitamin C in the am? IS there any issue of skin sensitivity using the Bioclear in the morning? TIA
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Agent --

I know that Jan Marini recommends using Bioclear over the *JAN MARINI* C-Ester serum (for treatment of mild-moderate acne).

From the Jan Marini website:

AM
Bioglycolic Facial Cleanser
C-ESTA Serum
Bioclear Lotion*
*Use Bioclear Cream PM only week one. Use AM & PM thereafter.
Age Intervention Serum or Transformation Cream
Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 30 (Regular or Tinted)

That said, I do not know how it would react over any other brand's Vit C product. I have the JM C-Esta Oil Control and have used it under my Bioclear without any problems. I do not have sensitive skin.

Marla

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I "strayed" off awhile after using Bioclear for 3 weeks..... I had such good results from bioclear that i added in a 2 more JM products, cleanser and acne gel II. The JM Acne Gel started off great, "froze" my acnes, they didn't get any bigger, made them less angry and swollen. But later i realised that acne gel II left dark burn marks on all my acnes, which took nearly a month to lighten. Sigh...because of this i went looking for other alternative and didn't touch the Bioclear for quite awhile My face is in a bad conditions now with breakouts and looks rough. I am going back to my Bioclear again this evening. Bad Grin
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Thank you marla, I appreciate the info. You also answered another question I had about cleansers!!! Laughing I received a sample of the Bioglycolic facial cleanser and loved it. Am thinking of getting the full size. For years people, including myself, have pooh-poohed the idea of an active in a cleanser as it would just wash away etc etc. I am eating my words.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I got the bioclear cream a few weeks ago and am uncertain as to how often I should use it.
I have oily very acne prone skin, but my skin also gets dehydrated easily as well.

I have only used the bioclear cream about 2x a week (at night) (4x total so far). Does anyone find that the cream turns almost lathery (soapy) when placing it on your skin and that it takes a while to absorb?

Also I itch like crazy when I put it on (face only). How does everyone use their bioclear cream?
Thanks
CG
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Itching isn't normal, perhaps you should stop using the cream. It may be too strong that it's irritating your skin. I use the lotion daily in the evening and have had no problems. I have dehydrated skin as well and it has not made me dry, in fact my skin feels smoother after application.

HTH
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
I got the bioclear cream a few weeks ago and am uncertain as to how often I should use it.
I have oily very acne prone skin, but my skin also gets dehydrated easily as well.

I have only used the bioclear cream about 2x a week (at night) (4x total so far). Does anyone find that the cream turns almost lathery (soapy) when placing it on your skin and that it takes a while to absorb?

Also I itch like crazy when I put it on (face only). How does everyone use their bioclear cream?
Thanks
CG

I wonder if the itching is because of other products you are using before the Bioclear. eg your cleanser. When I was using JM products, I used the bioglycolic cleanser followed by C-esta then bioclear and there was no itching or reaction at all. Another member on the forum called Patsy has a lot more knowledge on JM products and may have the answers but I believe the C-esta offsets the ph of the cleanser such that your skin ph is normal again before the bioclear is applied.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
ive been using the bioclear lotion for 2 weeks now and im starting to really like it.. went through a nasty purging stage, got lots of acne cysts and whiteheads on my high cheeks and chin and i NEVER get them there! my normal acne is those little rice clogged pores that nothing could get rid of (jb peel, clarisonic, pumpkin enzyme peel etc) on my forehead and a bit on the cheeks.. for the first 12 days my face looked like a mess but now it is starting to clear out.. my forheead looks great! theres still a few bumps but all the deep ones pretty much came out.. im very happy about that alone! im still having cheek and chin issues but slowly they are starting to smooth out. thanks for the recommendation guys! i think this one has been the best one that i bought so far on the board
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I just realised I had a typing glitch in my post above and the forum member I was referring to was Patty, not Patsy. (Sorry Patty).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any itching with it and never did. It's actually the kind of product (at least for me) which wasn't "love at first sight" but the more I use it the more I love it. It's very good and gives cumulative improvement Very Happy
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Aw, that's okay Bushy.

No. Bioclear doesn't lather/foam and it shouldn't cause itching. Contact your JM professional and let them know that this is happening to you. When you first start using the Bioclear, you should use it once a day. You should apply at night. Do this for a week and then add Bioclear to your A.M. routine also.

In your case. Stop using it. Something is not right. If it's foaming, I would say it's the product. But - what are the other products you're using with it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the cream version of this for a bit and I can't believe how clear my skin is. Seriously...I was out in 95 degree heat shoveling dirt and rocks for 40 hours this week, sweating like mad. I had a mix of dirt, sunscreen and sweat on my face all day til I could get back to my hotel and shower. I used this in the AM and PM all week and I HAD NOT ONE BREAKOUT. Are you kidding me? My face should be a war zone right now!!!!

AAAAMMMMAAAAZZZZIIIINNNNGGGGG!

I'm having a bit of drying and peeling on the bridge of my nose, but I've been avoiding that area and it's not bad. I'd much rather have a bit of drying than a war zone!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am now a convert! I can't imagine being without the Bioclear Lotion and Cream.

I find that Bioclear lotion is excellent when I am broken out. I use this and apply Skinceuticals Firming Cream over it as a night time routine and I find that blemishes are much reduced the next morning. It does take a few days for the blemishes to heal up and disappear but the process is alot quicker.

I find that Bioclear cream is more of a maintenance product. When my blemishes clear up I use this as a night cream. Sometimes I add the Factor A serum but find that the combination can be alittle too heavy for me. Bioclear cream is creamy but I find that the emollient base makes sense as the product is potent and tends to dry out the skin if I add my Kanebo Silk Peeling Powder to the routine.

All in all, I've been very happy and impressed with Jan Marini products so far and I'm pretty jaded when it comes to skincare! Very Happy
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Liza, how are the bioclear cream and the SC firming cream for oily skin? Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |