Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
Liza, how are the bioclear cream and the SC firming cream for oily skin? Very Happy

I haven't tried the SC firming cream but I'm using the Bioclear Cream and I've got oily skin. I love it. A little goes a really long way so a jar will last quite awhile. I bought the cream instead of the lotion because of the problems with the pump that folks have been mentioning. I don't find it too much for my oily/combo face at all. In fact it's cleared beautifully...so much so I WENT WITHOUT MAKEUP YESTERDAY WHEN I RAN MY ERRANDS. I NEVER do that!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
[quote="ParisTroika
I haven't tried the SC firming cream but I'm using the Bioclear Cream and I've got oily skin. I love it. A little goes a really long way so a jar will last quite awhile. I bought the cream instead of the lotion because of the problems with the pump that folks have been mentioning. I don't find it too much for my oily/combo face at all. In fact it's cleared beautifully...so much so I WENT WITHOUT MAKEUP YESTERDAY WHEN I RAN MY ERRANDS. I NEVER do that!!![/quote]

Thanks ParisTroika Very Happy
First of all, congrats on your success. Now at least I know that I can use it too. BTW, so far I'm having no problem with the bioclear pump.
Like I said in the past, at first I wasn't that enthusiastic about the bioclear but the more I use it the more I like it. It's a really good product.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I know exactly what you mean lbianca! I'm sooo used to using multiple products and layering to keep my acne away. I'm AMAZED that I can use this cream and only this cream to keep my face clear. Like I said in a previous post, I was out in the heat shoveling dirt and rocks 10 plus hours each day last week and though my face would reap the consequences but I've stayed completely clear with this. I had some purging at first but nothing a little makeup couldn't cover.
My night routine is so much easier. Wash face and put this on. That's it.

At first I thought the cream was a little heavy but I kept using it and I'm so glad I did. I really hope I continue to see results. I'm sold on this.
I now use it twice a day. I was very skeptical about the JM line, especially after all the talk surrounding the lash serum, but not anymore!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Paris, JM has wonderful products. I'm also using the bioglycolic cleanser and it's great. The zyme cleanser and mask rock! I also bought the c esta mask and it's good.
BTW, the cesta oil control ROCKS! Really marvelous and keeps shine away for hours.
Oh, and also the transformation serum is nice.

I'm so happy I discovered this line. Very Happy
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay on the pH, guys. I thought I might be able to find the full range strips around here, but ended up ordering them online. I'll test the pH and post the results as soon as they arrive. Again, sorry for the delay. Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I have looked at this for about 3 weeks and can't decide which one to try the cream or the lotion. Can you ladies help. I have normal to dry skin that breakouts. There is always a blemish or 2, 3, 4. I'm 45 and I think alot of it is hormones along my jawline, temples, chin, even my neck sometimes. I just don't want to get something that is too drying. I don't use alot of products. Just trying to find the right ones for the right job. Thanks!
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca,

I find that SC Firming cream feels heavy going on but after a while (maybe 5 minutes?) it seems to sink in and leave my skin looking taut and shiny for some reason although skin doesn't feel dry. But I have combination skin- oilier around the nose.

Bioclear Lotion is more like a serum than a lotion and it doesn't provide much moisture. It sinks in fast and does not feel heavy or sticky. I do feel the tingle and the drier my skin the more it tingles (and sometimes stings).

For me the combination seems to work, I need the exfoliation that Bioclear Lotion provides but I also need the hydration which SC provides. I was hoping that SC Firming Cream would have vitamin c in it but it doesn't. So for me it's just a moisturiser and not a treatment product. And I have become quite fond of the mild sandalwood scent from the esential oil in the cream! Hope this helps!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think someone with dry and/or sensitive skin needs to be careful with either.

I have the cream, and oily/combo skin. I'm not dry in my t-zone and this left me with some dry patches on my nose and cheek area right under my eyes.

You might start out with once a day...or every other day.

It was not a big deal for me...I fixed it...but I can't imagine someone who has sensitive or dry skin using it at first twice a day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry and sensitive skin and the lotion does not dry out my skin at all. Maybe my skin is used to acids.. I was using ISC active serum prior to JM bioclear lotion. Not a single breakout eversince I started using it.. Very Happy
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

TO Lisey- I see in your notes that you use the Epidermix, do you still use this with the Bioclear?
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
lbianca wrote:
Liza, how are the bioclear cream and the SC firming cream for oily skin? Very Happy

I haven't tried the SC firming cream but I'm using the Bioclear Cream and I've got oily skin. I love it. A little goes a really long way so a jar will last quite awhile. I bought the cream instead of the lotion because of the problems with the pump that folks have been mentioning. I don't find it too much for my oily/combo face at all. In fact it's cleared beautifully...so much so I WENT WITHOUT MAKEUP YESTERDAY WHEN I RAN MY ERRANDS. I NEVER do that!!!

ParisT, I am soo excited for you!!! Ok girl, fess up - what's your routine. How do you incorporate the silken products with the Bioclear?
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Thnaks Liza, I'll try a sample of the SC firming cream Very Happy

kittyd, I'll never understand how dry skin can breakout. My mind is incapable of understanding that Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

TO Lisey- I see in your notes that you use the Epidermix, do you still use this with the Bioclear?

Yes.. I'm still using Epidermxll nightly. Epidermxll is a microdermrasion scrub. I also use the bioclear lotion nightly.
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - I do use the Epedermix and like it alot. I may need to be more careful while starting the Bioclear.

Lbianca - I too wonder how it breaks out. It never really did until I am older now. I think it doesn't regenerate as fast maybe and I think my skin is congested AND probably alot to do with hormones at my age...it sucks.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Still lovin this stuff, but I'm getting very dry on my nose, especially around the nostrils. Does anyone else experience this? If so, have you found something to help? I try not to get any of the bioglycolic cleanser or the bioclear around my nose & just put emu oil, but it's still pretty dry.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
Still lovin this stuff, but I'm getting very dry on my nose, especially around the nostrils. Does anyone else experience this? If so, have you found something to help? I try not to get any of the bioglycolic cleanser or the bioclear around my nose & just put emu oil, but it's still pretty dry.

I get dry around my nose, and also the area below my cheeks just above my jawline (hope it makes sense)..JM Transformation Cream helps a lot.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
dollbird, pray tell us a little more about the Transformation cream. I am in lemming mode.

And Patty, if you're around, can you please update how you use the Bioclear with retin A and JM's version of retin A?

I'm currently using Bioclear twice a day whilst waiting for retin a - one week of X2 day and no dryness. yeee-hahh! Still a few pimples to blast though... Sad
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Agent -- You should check out Jan Marini's website! She gives product selection (and order of application) according to skintype.

I hope you don't think I'm being pissy (I'm not...honest! Wink ). I think that JM has great products but it's really easy to go wrong if you're not using them as JM advises. That's just my opinion, though!

http://www.janmarini.com/skincare.html

HTH
Marla

PS - I have the Transformation serum and use it after Bioclear. It's a very lightweight mosturizer -- I would only recommend it for oily/combo skintypes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
marla, hi, no, I don't think you're being pissy! Laughing I am just cautious about using all from one brand - seems like a good marketing ploy to me. But so far, hats off to the Bioclear and the cleanser.

And, thanks for your input on the Transformation Cream.

Best,

Cat
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
dollbird, pray tell us a little more about the Transformation cream. I am in lemming mode.

And Patty, if you're around, can you please update how you use the Bioclear with retin A and JM's version of retin A?

I'm currently using Bioclear twice a day whilst waiting for retin a - one week of X2 day and no dryness. yeee-hahh! Still a few pimples to blast though... Sad

I have combo skin and I use this over my bioclear lotion. I think it helps boost the effects of the bioclear because i wake up to clear soft skin. Without this i get some of the uglies associated with the bioclear, namely peeling and tight skin. I totally recommend it.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:

I have combo skin and I use this over my bioclear lotion. I think it helps boost the effects of the bioclear because i wake up to clear soft skin. Without this i get some of the uglies associated with the bioclear, namely peeling and tight skin. I totally recommend it.

SOLD! Laughing Thank you dollbird! (((HUG)))

It's the cream, not the serum, right?
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
So from looking at her website it lists the C-esta Serum to use before the Bioclear for every skintype....does anyone have any feedback on the C-Esta or did I miss it from before..sorry if did.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
dollbird wrote:

SOLD! Laughing Thank you dollbird! (((HUG)))

It's the cream, not the serum, right?

Every lemming should be pushed over the edge Wink Yes it is the cream. This is the only moisturizer that i use every night without the fear of waking up the next morning with new breakouts. I love the smell too...reminds me of pineapples/pina colada. Seriously, it is the last step to a routine (bioglycolic cleanser, bioclear and this) that has made my skin look better than it ever did.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
So from looking at her website it lists the C-esta Serum to use before the Bioclear for every skintype....does anyone have any feedback on the C-Esta or did I miss it from before..sorry if did.

I use the oil control version and love it. It really improves skin (I know because for a few weeks I used it almost exclusively) and it keeps shine away for hours. The first week it caused a little flaking but that stoped.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:

kittyd -- I have the C Esta Oil Control. Truthfully, I'm not crazy for it -- but I'm not crazy for ANY Vit C serum -- and I haven't used it faithfully enough to give a rating on "performance".

It's more of a lotion than a serum. Has a weird fragrance that dissipates after a few minutes. As with all JM serums, you only need to us a LITTLE bit. I don't notice much in the area of oil control...but my skin's pretty oily.

It gets mediocre reviews on MUA. There are other Vit C serums from other brands (SkinCeuticals, ISC, etc) that have a bigger fan base.

Sorry -- wish I could be more helpful.

Marla

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |