Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
leidon wrote:
Still lovin this stuff, but I'm getting very dry on my nose, especially around the nostrils. Does anyone else experience this? If so, have you found something to help? I try not to get any of the bioglycolic cleanser or the bioclear around my nose & just put emu oil, but it's still pretty dry.

I get dry around my nose, and also the area below my cheeks just above my jawline (hope it makes sense)..JM Transformation Cream helps a lot.

Hi Dollbird. Is your skin acne prone? Although I really need something more moisturizing, I'm reluctant to add new products b/c I don't want to trigger another breakout. I'm currently using chryslyx. Mainly because it doesn't cause me to break out, but it doesn't provide enough moisture for me. If the Transformation cream could take care of the "uglies" without breaking me out that would be fantastic!

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I never had a problem with breakouts..it's moisturizing but very light. They have changed the formula I believe. I used it years ago (when I first started on EDS) and it ws actually mattifying. I still enjoy using it but can't use it during the daytime as I did before.All you need is one drop..it spreads really well.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
dollbird wrote:
leidon wrote:
Still lovin this stuff, but I'm getting very dry on my nose, especially around the nostrils. Does anyone else experience this? If so, have you found something to help? I try not to get any of the bioglycolic cleanser or the bioclear around my nose & just put emu oil, but it's still pretty dry.

I get dry around my nose, and also the area below my cheeks just above my jawline (hope it makes sense)..JM Transformation Cream helps a lot.

Hi Dollbird. Is your skin acne prone? Although I really need something more moisturizing, I'm reluctant to add new products b/c I don't want to trigger another breakout. I'm currently using chryslyx. Mainly because it doesn't cause me to break out, but it doesn't provide enough moisture for me. If the Transformation cream could take care of the "uglies" without breaking me out that would be fantastic!

Yes it is acne prone. In fact when i first started using the Transformation Cream, i was nearly phobic about it, praying that i don't wake up with new breakouts. Well it's been a month and i have to say my skin likes it. If the JM recommends it for acne prone skin it must be ok.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks dollbird. I think I will place an order for the Tranformation Cream in my next order. Has anyone also tried the C-esta or 5% BP that JM recommends in her skincare regime for acne? I am thinking that it may be best to just go ahead & use her entire line.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use the c esta oil control and love it. I haven't used the other one.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I will definitely try to slowly incorporate the c esta & the transformation cream into my regime. I am going to try to stick entirely with JM since it has been so great with my skin so far.

JM also recommends her BP gel as the last step. I'm wondering if we we could use her acne gel I or II instead? It is salycilic/glycolic. There's probably a reason why she recommended the BP gel rather than the acne gel. The bioclear already has salycilic glycolic acid in it. But the acne gel seems much stronger.

There aren't many reviews on MUA & I couldn't find any here either. Has anyone tried JMs acne or BP gel?

Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
Aw, that's okay Bushy.

No. Bioclear doesn't lather/foam and it shouldn't cause itching. Contact your JM professional and let them know that this is happening to you. When you first start using the Bioclear, you should use it once a day. You should apply at night. Do this for a week and then add Bioclear to your A.M. routine also.

In your case. Stop using it. Something is not right. If it's foaming, I would say it's the product. But - what are the other products you're using with it?

Sorry its taken me soo long to respond- life is busy!
I only use the biogylcolic facial cleanser and then the bioclear cream, nothing else, and only at night, I've used it a few times since I last posted, and it seems that some days I still itch, sting on certain areas of my face (nose, upper lip and chin area) and some days its fine.
As for the lathering, it looks like the more product I put on the more it becomes lather like???
How much product should I be using?
I really love what it has done for my skin so far, so I think I will have to live with the itching!
thanks
CG
Rachelle

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I started using Jan Marini products in April and I can't say enought good things about them! I use the bioglycolic bioclear cleanser, lotion, transformation cream & serum in the morning and night. The last 5 years I've been struggling with keeping my skin clear due to hormones and my mom's esthetician introduced me to Jan Marini's products and ever since by skin has been clear, hardly oily, no blackheads! If I do manage to get a tiny bump, it's gone the next day. I love it. I agree the packing wasn't very attractive at first, but what's in the bottle is really what counts. And I haven't had a problem with any of my pumps. I'm an esthetician and I recommend this product to all my customers.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I relented and finally ordered this...
I hope it helps my skin. So far, nothing I've tried (and I've tried a lot!) has helped. If this doesn't work, then I am finally going to go to a derm and try stronger stuff, like Retin-A or some other prescription med. I've been avoiding that route, so I hope the Jan Marini works miracles like everyone says it does!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
I hope it helps my skin. So far, nothing I've tried (and I've tried a lot!) has helped. If this doesn't work, then I am finally going to go to a derm and try stronger stuff, like Retin-A or some other prescription med. I've been avoiding that route, so I hope the Jan Marini works miracles like everyone says it does!

hmm me too, i want to try a few more skincare lines before going to my GP for prescriptive stuff.

i did use the bioclear cream but was way too oily for me (leaving it for the winter now), so then i ordered a bunch of JM stuff and the bioclear lotion to try out and hopefully it should do the work!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I wasn't sure if I should get the lotion of cream. On one hand, my skin has been very dry and flaky since my acne got worse. But I used to be combo and sometimes my t-zone will get oily on top of the dry skin. It's so gross. So I got the lotion. I figured I can always put on moisturizer on top if I need it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
Yeah I wasn't sure if I should get the lotion of cream. On one hand, my skin has been very dry and flaky since my acne got worse. But I used to be combo and sometimes my t-zone will get oily on top of the dry skin. It's so gross. So I got the lotion. I figured I can always put on moisturizer on top if I need it.

wise choice. too bad i was a bit..confused

my skin sounds similar to urs although i only break out at that time of the month, so the other weeks my skin is ok-ish...but when i get them it can be huge and cystic!

lets both see the great results from using this!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:

I found something that has helped w/the dryness on my nose & nostrils. First I cut my retin-a to just pm. In the am I also cut the use of the bioglycolic cleanser & use my clarisonic.

I use Burt's Bee's Res-Q Ointment on my nose. Manslayerliz wrote a great review of the product http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20607&highlight=burts.

I apply it after I cleanse to make sure I don't get any retin a or bioclear on my nose. Same concept as when you're doing peels & you put vaseline/aquaphor around the nostrils & eyesockets to avoid the chemicals aggravating the area. This has helped control my dryness & redness in the nose area.

zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
After reading such great reviews I decided to try this out. It's been a little over 2 weeks, and has definitely lived up to it's praises. I've been using it twice a day.
I switched from IFP 2%bha/4%aha. JM Bioclear lotion has cleared up whatever acne I had left and evened out my skin tone faster than anything I have tried.
I haven't experienced any dryness. I am using it in conjunction with KS Deep Tissue Repair at night, and Nia24 SS (which controls my oilies) during the day.
It does still sting, ever so slightly, every once in awhile, but that disappears almost instantly with no redness.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I've had such great results from using this product twice a day, but I was wondering if I could use it just once in the PM, and get similar results. I'd really hate to become sensitive to the sun. I was thinking of just using 2% bha in the am. Any thoughts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad I got suckered into buy the bioclear cream! I've been using this on the days I'm not using retin-a and it makes my skin look soooo soft. Between this and PPX laser treatments my pores and skin aren't looking like my own...and that's a good thing! I'm still getting pretty bad cystic pimples but at least the skin around the bumps is looking good. Also, I'm almost certain the cysts are being caused stress (last semester of school...getting a divorce etc.).
If any of you saw me you would probably wonder why in the world I was raving because my skin is essentially still a wreck. I still have scars and pink marks all over the place, along with a few cysts, but this is the first time in a long time my skin seems like it's really moving in the right direction.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me the pH level of Jan Marini bioclear lotion please?

I'd like to know if the pump issue is addressed? If the pump is broken, can you still "save" the lotion by pouring it into another container?

How effective is this product for getting rid of blackheads?

If you have pimples when using this lotion, do you still treat it with another spot treatment stuff? I've a pimple concealer, can I still use it over this lotion?

Has anyone benefited from this lotion to lighten hyperpigmentation (since it contains azelaic acid)?

Thanks
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again

1)I've used JM before and I'm pretty the pH level is between 2-3 (please correct me if Im wrong)

2) Although I did worry about the pump not working, I used 2 bottles and there was nothing wrong with it, although I have to say that the bottle is very fragile, as I accidently dropped it about 6 inches from a carpetted floor and it smashed. Yes, you can pour the lotion out into anotehr container. Also, Im sure a member on here called Patty said that if there is an issue with the pump, you can exchange it via your JM rep.

3) Hmm the effectiveness on blackheads...well I still have blackheads on my nose but the few blackheads on my forehead and cheeks have all gone since using BHA and manual exfoliation (aspririn mask/scrub)

4) Yeah, I spot treat with other acne products when I was using it. The main reason I am not using it anymore is that I didnt find it any good on my acne. I had the same amount of breakouts before and during the use of JM.

5) I have Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (red marks from acne) and JM once again hasnt helped with this issue. JM doesnt heal my breakouts nor lightens/fades the PIH.

HTH

5% products discount

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for your input, Yeahyeah!

hmm, blackheads..
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I've been looking for a review to add to so I'll add to this because while the JM Bioclear Bioglycolic is now my fave AHA/BHA combo product, the packaging sucks!!

Overall, this product makes my skin smooth and even toned. My latest "discovery" with it is discussed here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20736 so I won't repeat myself but I will have a bit of a rant about those pump bottles.

This is the THIRD of THREE bottles now that has its pump break on me and stop pumping out the product completely. You can press that pump till you get RSI and not a drop will come out. Mad They have such a good product, you'd think they would investigate the packaging issues. This must be a common complaint, I just saw joani.sp mention the same problem on another thread. I had one pump fail on me in the first few days of use, the others gave up half way through and one maybe 3/4 through the bottle. Not happy Jan!
I haven't used this product but I have used the Vita C and had the same problem, no matter how much I shaked and pumped the bottle it would never pump out! Very frustrating especially for the price and her popularity!
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I *really* wanted to like Bioclear... I bought Bioclear lotion, Bioglycolic Facial Cleanser, Clean Zyme and Skin Zyme, and Skin Silk.

This is how I used them:
Everyday (AM + PM)
-> Bioglygolic cleanser
-> Bioclear lotion (I started w/ once a day for 2 weeks, and moved on to twice a day)
-> Skin Silk

Once a week
-> Clean Zyme + Skin Zyme

I was using Obagi system + RetinA cream (0.1%) before, it made a huge difference to my skin (no major breakouts anymore, occasional breakout before my period but they healed fast) and lightened my acne scars. But the system was pricey altogether and I couldn't convince my new family doc to prescribe me RetinA cream again.

So anyways, I stopped using Obagi for awhile, acne sorta came back, and I started looking for a cheaper, simpler skin care regime. I thought I'd give Bioclear lotion a try.

When I started Bioclear, my skin wasn't in the best of its days. After I started using Bioclear, I was breaking out like nuts... It was horrible, but I thought, ok, this is just the purging, it should go away in a few weeks.

But it didn't... Sad So after using more than 1/2 bottle, I gave up and went to another doctor. He gave me Differin, which is working for me right now (thank God!). I am now using

-> Jan Marini Bioglycolic cleanser
-> Differin
-> Obagi Clear
-> Jan Marini Skin Silk

and my skin is almost as good as my Obagi days (Obagi makes the scars go away a lot faster).

As for the other Jan Marini products I tried, I still love them. I alternate between JM Bioclycolic cleanser for no-makeup days and Obagi gentle cleanser for makeup removal. Skin Silk is great, it's a light moisturiser that smells like a dream Very Happy and keeps my face matte through out the day. The Clean Zyme and Skin Zyme keeps the peeling from Differin away and makes my skin really soft.

I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the Bioclear lotion I have left, I don't think I'll have the guts to try it again... I'm sure it's a great product, it just doesn't work for me... Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I'm sorry that the bioclear lotion didn't work for you sweetreat. I actually use the bioclear cream. When I tried the lotion it didn't work very well for me either, but the cream is fabulous!
CG
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
just started my 3rd jar of this. I don't think I've ever stuck to any product this long! love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
What's Jan Marini Skin Silk?
saj4071
5% products discount

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I am considering using JM BioClear lotion, but I still dont understand what the difference is between BioClear Lotion/Cream & Bioglycolic Lotion.. I have combination skin (thanks to Claronic, I am no longer oily). The only acne issues I have are on my chin, those small whiteheads.

I currently use MD Formulations, but they have been back ordered on some of my products so that is why I am considering JM. Both lines are glycolic.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Sad

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |