Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you can use it with Retin-A. As a matter of fact, I use JM's Factor-A (retin product) every night and I use Retin-A 2 or 3 times a week with the Factor-A.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
ok thanks for your response Patty.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Cream and love it. My skin is clearer
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I use a couple of jan marini products....they are also THAT good.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I was taught that if you have dry skin to use creams in each of the JM categories. Did I tell you all that JM is reformulating the Age Intervention Eye Cream? I love that stuff. It was the only eye cream that wiped out my crows feet. I had an allergic reaction to it though and had to stop using it. I hope that I will be able to use it again because no other eye cream has worked like the AIEC.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
I was taught that if you have dry skin to use creams in each of the JM categories. Did I tell you all that JM is reformulating the Age Intervention Eye Cream? I love that stuff. It was the only eye cream that wiped out my crows feet. I had an allergic reaction to it though and had to stop using it. I hope that I will be able to use it again because no other eye cream has worked like the AIEC.

Really? How deep were your crowsfeet? I've used the face cream, but stopped using it because of everything else I was using. Did that make sense? Anyhow, It made my face very shiney as well.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean about shiny. M.M. has solved that shiny factor for me though.

My crows feet are visible even when I don't smile but just barely. In reality, the eye cream seemed to work only temporarily but I didn't get to use it long enough to see if there could possibly be a cumulative effect.

And yes, your post made sense. I'm okay with the moisturizers but I don't think their wonderful. Mind you, I use them but there may be something better out there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:

Patty, do you know why the Age Intervention Eye Cream is being reformulated. I had read a number of reports that this eye cream was very good so it is always a concern when it is reformulated in such a short period of time. Will the new formulation be as good and what is being changed?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Patty, i have been using the BioClear cream for more than a week, and it does really make my skin glow. thinking now to add in some more JM products into my daily skin care regime. btw, is the C serum and Factor A good? and wat about the silky hydrating cream, can it be used on combination/oily skin?
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
btw, patty, is JM antioxidant protectant good for combination/oily skin? read in the forum that JM sun protection does not have sufficient coverage again UVA/UVB, wonder if they have reformule the product to address to the issue?
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
The eye cream is being reformulated because of allergic reactions. I had one and I absolutely loved the stuff. It really did take away the crow's feet around my eyes. Truly, when I applied my daily skin care, I could look in the mirror while applying the eye cream and watch them smooth out. Then one afternoon, I used the CleanZyme/SkinZyme Mask, which is supposed to accelerate the results of your skin care products. I unfortunately applied the mask up to my bottom eyelashes and oh my gosh. The next day, after applying my 4 JM skin care products, the skin around my eyes started itching and turning red. Swelling soon followed. It took 4 reactions to narrow it down to the AIEC. My rep told me from the beginning that she thought it was the eye cream and she was right. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who had this reaction. Now, I have several clients on the eye cream and no one has had a problem. I think I must have set off the reaction with the mask.

The C-Esta Lotion is supposed to lift and firm. Sorry - but I see no lifting and firming around the jaw line. I'm disappointed but I really don't think any cream or serum could lift these jowls. I will say this, I went to work one day and my skin was really looking dehydrated. I happened to take a quick look in the mirror and noticed how crinkly my undereye area looked so I used the C-Esta Cream. The girls in the office said they could see a difference in my skin after I used it. I think that for me, the cream, not the lotion, is what I need because of my dry skin issues. I had just opened a bottle of the lotion, so I didn't continue to use the cream. I have so many things going on that my skin hasn't been a priority. But as soon as things settle down and I have time to think, the cream is coming home with me.

The sunscreen is wonderful. My rep just gave me a lecture a couple of weeks ago and why it's so great. I can't remember what she said (oops) except it has glycolic acid in it and it protects to the extreme. I took notes on what she said and again, as soon as things settle down, I'll let you know everything she said.

I'm also looking into carrying Osea. I like the idea of a more "natural" approach to mix in with the very active products. However, I'm concerned that the Osea may be more suitable for younger skin. Does anyone here, over 40, have an opinion? I've talked to the owner of Osea and she sent samples. Unfortunately, she sent those little bitty tubes that are good for one or two applications and that's not enough to form an opinion. I do love the texture and feel of the creams on my face and I do love the eye and lip cream for my lips. My lips stayed moist for hours after applying. I didn't see any improvement in the eye area though.

I hoped I helped explain my take on the JM products. I promise to always be up front with you guys. Which reminds me. The Silk Cream - when I was opening my account and trying to keep costs down, my rep recommended only the products that she thought were the must-haves. The silk cream was not one of them. I'll try to remember to ask her about the cream. I've wondered about it too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Patty..keep us informed. As for the age intervention eye cream, I think I mentioned before it's the best I've ever used & I've used a lot!
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello Patty, I got a sample of JM Bioglycolic Facial Lotion and just love what it does to my face...pores smaller and skin brighter. Now that I have heard very good reviews about the Bioclear, I am on the fence. Which is better?

Thanks
Rose

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Hey Foxy. It's the same thing. Bioclear Lotion and Bioglycolic Lotion are the same product. I think if your skin is dry, it's better to use creams. If your skin is oily, get the lotion.

No Marina. I didn't know you used the eye cream. It's also the best I've ever used too. The ISC did nothing for me and neither did LaRoche Posay. Back in the day, when I used Obagi, I wasn't concerned about crow's feet so I don't know if Obagi even has an eye cream. I think the ISC eye gel actually dried my undereye skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm no expert on the JM line..
But i think the Bioclear and Bioglycolic lotions are different.

The bioclear contains AHA and BHA. The Bioglycolic is just AHA. I have both at home and the bioclear is more like a clear gel texture and i think the bioglycolic is a yellowish lotion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
No Amaska. The name on the bottle is Bioglycolic/Bioclear Lotion. It's the same thing. The only products that are yellow are the Cesta products. I hope this answers your questions. In the beginning, my rep always corrected me when I mentioned the Bioclear because I always called it the Bioglycolic. I know it's confusing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
There is a bioglycolic facial lotion & an RX (stronger) version-it's not the same as the bioclear bioglycolic lotion. Maybe that's what Amaska is referring to. I've tried both & they're not the same,
Check here for the different lotions..it is confusing: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jane-marini-bioglycolic-products.htm
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
You all are absolutely correct. I'm talking to my rep now. Get back with you in a moment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I am so sorry. But you all are absolutely correct. They are indeed 2 different products. Christina (my rep) and I had never discussed the Bioglycolic Lotion because she thinks the Bioclear Lotion is better. The Bioclear Lotion has 12% glycolic acid, 2% Azalaic (sp) Acid and 2% Salycilic(sp) Acid. It doesn't have a sunscreen in it. The Bioglycolic Lotion has 12% glycolic acid, an SPF but no Salyclic Acid.

Please forgive my error. I'm still learning.

I asked about the Silky Hydrating Cream. It's supposed to help with free radical damage. It has aloe and it's great for hydrating. She told me more about it but I didn't have time to write it all down. I obviously need to get my manual out and read. BTW, I ordered 2 of the SHC so I'll let you know if it's hydrating on my dry skin.

She also said that Jan Marini loves to talk and teach about her products. I mentioned all the dissent on this board concerning the eyelash serum. She said that Jan will be happy to make an appt. to talk to me about it. Cristina swears it's every bit as good as the old formulation.

Thanks guys for keeping me on my toes and making me aware that I have to study, study, study.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Patty..meanwhile, back at the ranch, how are you doing with the hair serum? Also, have you tried the age intervention face serum? It sounds great but I never got to try it-too many other potions & lotions.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, you are too funny.

I can't see any difference with the hair serum. My husband stopped using it when he didn't see any new growth after the second week. Grrr!!! Oh well, it leaves more for me. I honestly think it's going to take a good while to see any growth. And if I don't see any new growth, I'm shipping it back to JM.

The face serum is a good moisturizer, but I can't say I ooh and aah over it. But as a daytime moisturizer, under your makeup, I'm quite pleased. I use the JM Sunscreen over it and I still feel that my skin can breathe.

Are you all still using the Remergent products? I love the feel of the Barrier Cream and I'm thinking I may carry both the BC and the DNA Repair.

So many products to decide on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Patty, thank you so much for the details products explaination. I am "hooked" on to JM, since i tried the BioClear Cream and now am going to order more.... thinking of getting the Lightening Gel and Factor A to try out. hope they will do wonders to my combination/acne prone skin Smile

Do let us know more about the sunscreen when u have gotten your notes. cheers
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Skinlover, do you have oily skin? If you do, get the Factor A Plus and if you don't get just Factor A. I love the Factor A. It will give you the same results as Retin-A without the down time. However, I do use Retin-A 2 or 3 nights a week and the Factor-A in the A.M. and P.M.

Do you also have age spots on your face? I have them on my chest and that's where I use the lightening gel. I'll try to make this short and sweet. I used the Age Intervention Hands on my hands and arms to get rid of the age spots. Nope, didn't do it. I explained this to Christina today and I think the discoloration is down to the dermis as I've had them for years. She thinks that lasering is the only thing that will get rid of them. I do however have a Vascutouch machine and I think what I'll do is "scrape" the spots off and use the gel afterwards. I'll let you know if it works. The spots on my chest didn't go away either after using the lightening gel. The lightening gel is much gentler than the Age Intervention Hand Repair. I used the Hand Repair on my chest one day and broke out in bumps about 5 minutes later. They quickly went away but I never tried that again. LOL!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Patty, i have combination skin (T-Zone oily and cheeks abit dehydrated) and my skin is prone to acne. I have tried the Bioglycolic lotion before, it is good but abit too drying for my skin so i switched to BioClear Cream and i just love it... recently i find that i have some dark spot on my cheekbone areas, so hoping that the lightening gel will be able to lighten away the spot.

I am so excited and tempted to try out all JM products...hee.... i have used ISC whole range and i am very disppointed with the brand,so expensive and yet didn't work for me.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree with you about the Bioclear Cream. The cream and the lightening gel hopefully will work. If it doesn't, don't hesitate to return it to the person who sold it to you as JM guarantees their products. I certainly want my clients to bring back products that don't do what they say they will do.

Good luck sweetie and try to remember to let us know how it works for you.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |