Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I've been using Bioclear lotion for more than a week now and I have to say I'm really loving it. First of all I feel NO tingle at all and I apply a nice thick layer all over my face. Secondly it works WAY better for me than my ISC Active which I have been using for over 6 months. Bioclear has done more in keeping my skin clean in a week than ISC has in six months! This is going to be my staple from now on not to mention it's WAY cheaper than ISC Active.

How is this for acne? Is the difference between this and the Bioglycolic Lotion just due to the fact that the Bioclear has salicylic acid and the normal Bioglycolic lotion doesn't? I'm using (and loving) ISC Active but it is running out and i'm looking for a cheaper alternative. TIA!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Dollbird, I don't really know the answer to your question but I do know that JM Bioclear lotion and cream were specifically formulated for adult acne and many users have seen good results with its use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
sormuimui wrote:
I've been using Bioclear lotion for more than a week now and I have to say I'm really loving it. First of all I feel NO tingle at all and I apply a nice thick layer all over my face. Secondly it works WAY better for me than my ISC Active which I have been using for over 6 months. Bioclear has done more in keeping my skin clean in a week than ISC has in six months! This is going to be my staple from now on not to mention it's WAY cheaper than ISC Active.

How is this for acne? Is the difference between this and the Bioglycolic Lotion just due to the fact that the Bioclear has salicylic acid and the normal Bioglycolic lotion doesn't? I'm using (and loving) ISC Active but it is running out and i'm looking for a cheaper alternative. TIA!

Although I can't say for sure but I feel this has done something for my acne. First of all I haven't gotten as many cysts as I used to and second of all when I get acne they're less inflamed than they used to be. So generally my skin is clearer than it was before I used it even though it's not totally clear. I always felt that ISC Active was keeping me at bay but this is way better, it makes me think that ISC Active did NOTHING for me. With ISC I felt that it is better when I used it than not but I couldn't see any big differences but with Bioclear at least I notice less acne and it really helps with the tiny bumps of congestion I used to get. HTH
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Several years ago, I read raves on another board about this product. At that time, I'd used BHA's, AHA's, Retin-a and several other products to get rid of blackheads with little to no success.

This product was no different from the others, it just cost more. I used it faithfully for about 2-3 months and I think it actually made my skin worse. I seemed to develop a dry "crust" over the areas of application Shock and absolutely no improvement in blackheads. PC's BHA worked much better and for fewer $$. PC's packaging was also more cost effective and easier to use.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks sormuimui! I put in an order last night for the bioclear lotion and the glycolic cleanser. Both came up to cost less than ISC Active, so I thought I might as well. I hope I don't go through the flaking/purging process so many report on MUA.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
The cleanser is also great. Very Happy
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm really liking the bioclear in that it seems to be really strong without making my skin dry or flaky (I'm using the cream), but I have noticed that my older marks from previous breakouts aren't healing very quickly when i've been using it -- like the new skin just can't heal with all those acids around. So, I'm a little annoyed because I feel like I have to clear up before I can start preventing again....but I guess if you're relying on exfoliants to prevent acne, this will always be an issue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has pH strips to measure the pH level of the bioclear lotion/cream. Question
Jin
5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I also just placed an order on the Bioclear Facial lotion.. I really hope this can replace my ISC Active Serum. Pray
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how much the bioclear cream and lotion cost? There is no price list for them in the shopping area on EDS.
Thanks
CG
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Canadian Girl,

The price for the Bioclear cream & lotion are $54 CAD, then subtract your member discount.

I'd highly recommend these...started with the cream at night, LOVE IT, now added in the lotion for day, LOVE IT TOO, and also added on the C-ESTA serum & Transformation Cream. I have the pickiest skin on the planet and JM products have greatly improved my skin. Now if I could just get rid of my old acne scars... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Can anyone tell me how much the bioclear cream and lotion cost? There is no price list for them in the shopping area on EDS.
Thanks
CG

In order to see the prices, you have to log in on EDS.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks marmur1 and Marina,
I can now see the prices!
I have one more question, is the bioclear lotion or the bioclear cream more effective/potent? In terms of keeping adult cystic acne at bay.
Thanks
so much!
CG
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi CG,

Someone else might have some better information, but it seems to me that they have essentially the same effectiveness, but that you'd choose the cream or the lotion based on the type of skin you have. Mine's dry, so I started with the cream. The lotion is more of a serum consistency -- not a true lotion.

At least in my experience both seem very effective, and I can't really tell a difference between them. I started with the cream, which seemed very potent but not irritating (my skin is SUPER sensitive). I used that for a few weeks, then worked up to using the lotion during the day, which also feels very effective. I thought it would layer better for daytime with makeup & sunscreen, where I thought the cream would be too much for daytime.

It seems like most people here and on MUA use the lotion, but if I had to pick only one (for my skin type) I think it would be the cream.

Hope that helps, and I'm sure some other longtime users will have some better info. Good luck! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I believe that both are equally effective..just geared towards different skin types. To be sure, why don't do a live help or email EDS? They've been very helpful to me.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
marmur1 and marina,
Thanks for the great info!
I am leaning towards more of the cream myself- but I just ordered the decleor ylang ylang night balm.

If that doesn't work- then I wait for my next paycheck and get the JM bioclear cream!

Thanks again!
CG
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has pH strips to measure the pH level of the bioclear lotion/cream. Question

I also want to know this... So does anyone know what the pH level of Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion and the ISC Active Serum? I need to know if it's safe to use my GoW Light N' Bright Serum on top.. Markey said I don't have to wait in between products if they both have almost the same pH level. TIA!
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'll swing by the pharmacy on my way home & pick up some PH strips and will try to test the levels of the Bioclear lotion & cream. I've never done it before but assume it's pretty straightforward.

Sorry, I don't have the ISC serum to test, but maybe someone else will know the PH of that one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks marmur1!
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man! I'm a dummy and ended up getting strips that only go down to 4 and it seems that the PH is a bit lower than that. Grrrr... Sad I should've read the wonderful thread by Tangal before I shopped. Anyway, I'll try to get some better strips this weekend & will post the results. Sorry for the delay...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks marmur! I'll be anxiously awaiting your results! Smile
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
You're more than welcome. I'll try to get it right this time... Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Aww.. it's okay marmur1! Thanks for trying though. That's really sweet of you!
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if this is OK to use while you're pregnant? I'm 37 weeks.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |