Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Success and confirmation from a stranger!!!! Results! :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all. Most of your know me by now but for those that don't, I revamped my skincare and got REALLY serious about addressing some issues I had (have). So, in August, I redid it all and have been improving ever since. Smile

This morning at the orthodontist, the assistant noticed my lips so I had to tell her about the Lips2Kiss.com system I use (thanks, EDS); naturally, that launched into a quick rundown on the Quasar SP, Nuface, CPs, acids and so on - ha!!! She said that my skin was beautiful (wow, never, ever heard that before) and she was inches from my face so what a great confirmation, huh?

Oh, and the even better news? My ortho said my teeth are doing wonderfully and I will get my braces off in 3 visits!!! Yay! What a great extra Christmas present. I am so happy. Smile That will be just 14 months for the treatment! My husband is going to be ecstatic. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
That must have been a fantastic moment. I know that we have all said how fab you are looking from your pictures but to actually have some one up close say that proves that you can actually improve things without surgery.You are becoming my inspiration & making me realise that I need to keep at it.

At this rate you will be looking younger than your grandchild soon. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really happy for you Scaly, I know I can't do it...(checken)..of course, if you ever move to Montreal.... Wink

I'm obviously out of the loop on the lip thing..what is kisslip thing system? I keep finding new face parts I'm not sure I'm happy with.... Embarassed
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Loopy, it just confirmed for me that the results are really there - even more so than I imagined! Someone sent me a PM and called me a "glam-ma" - I thought that was so funny, I'm gonna use it from now on since my moniker is actually "G-Ma", anyway. Smile

Marina, there's no "if", girl, I'm moving to Montréal for sure. In fact, I just got done putting together a binder of all of the documentation for applying for the visa (that was a trick), got the medical exam scheduled and now just need to find out where the heck to get fingerprinted officially w/the FBI stamp so I can get a clearance that I'm not a criminal!

I'm leaving shortly for the airport to go see my baby - so excited!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am really loving the lips2kiss system as well. Have only been using a few weeks, but my upper lip is fuller already.
Am awaiting my pro quasar, can't wait!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Have fun...looks like no snow for Christmas here, though....it feels so weird; we should have had a couple of doozy storms by now.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Have fun...looks like no snow for Christmas here, though....it feels so weird; we should have had a couple of doozy storms by now.

Thanks! Forgot to add here's the link to the thread for the Lips2Kiss:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=18021

Weird about the snow; Alain and I've been discussing this odd weather of late. I'm still bringing a warm coat, though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keep posting your routine and recs. I have "adopted" some of the products you use and my skin is looking better although nowhere as good as yours does! Smile
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Keep up the great work Scalawagirl. You're one of my EDS heroes Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hooray Scala! All the immigration people will be lined up admiring your pic and calling you the "gorgeous immigrant"!!!!

Happy holidays!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
That's a really nice Xmas gift, isn't it?

Have a safe trip north and a great holiday!
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
And yes, you ARE a glam-ma!! Very Happy
Congrats on the stranger compliment...isn't that nice? I too, have been checking out the lip2kiss system. It's on my "to purchase" list....right below the reminder to make my next mortgage payment. Ick.
Moving to montreal? Yeah! another convert! You will LOVE montreal. I got married there this year. Fantabulous city.
Have a wonderful holiday EDS ladeeez!!

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Happy Christmas Scally.

Congratulations on all you've achieved this year with your skincare and beautifying goals.

Your focus and clarity and zeal have inspired me to pay more attention to my gradual decline and Just Say No!

xxx
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
All the work and effort has definitely been worth it. You DO look amazing! Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
That's great a holiday treat!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, all you gorgeous ladies! I`m safely in Montréal with my husband and even told the customs lady I was here for a visit to mon mari - she didn`t bat an eye and I was surprised because they`re always on the lookout for people who might try to overstay legally. I must look believable. Smile

I`m so glad to be here but sad for no snow. Sad Oh well, it`s a wonderful Christmas this year and I wish all of you the very happiest and best possible celebrations!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl - I'm really impressed by the results you have had, and in such a short period of time too!

I just want to hear your experience on how the BQ, and the Q has improved your skin tone and texture. I noticed that when you first posted the remodelling pics, you did have a visible redness which did show against the natural flesh tones of the neck, but in the Nuface posts your skinton is completely even and did not have visible patches of uneven skin tone.. Do you credit this all to the Quasar treatments you have had?

As for skin texture, your pores are incredibly more refined from the first pics you posted - and here we have so many beauticans that are convinced that pore size can never be decreased. Do you feel it is from a combination of peptides and light therapy, or does the Quasar have a greater effect?

Also, were the pores on your skin prone to congestion and are they more resilient in a sense now?

I think I have similar issues as you with pores and oil troubles, but hopefully I can nab those pores in the bud before they become out of control later in life...

TIA~[/quote]
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Scalawaggirl - I'm really impressed by the results you have had, and in such a short period of time too!

Thanks! I guess I got lucky finding informational forums (like EDS) to really figure out what works (for me). It`s a tough battle but great that we have access to this information!

I just want to hear your experience on how the BQ, and the Q has improved your skin tone and texture. I noticed that when you first posted the remodelling pics, you did have a visible redness which did show against the natural flesh tones of the neck, but in the Nuface posts your skinton is completely even and did not have visible patches of uneven skin tone.. Do you credit this all to the Quasar treatments you have had?

Well, I give the BQ 90% of the credit for my even skin tone now. Since I also use acids and copper peptides, I`m certain that they assisted, and perhaps even more, but who knows really.

As for skin texture, your pores are incredibly more refined from the first pics you posted - and here we have so many beauticans that are convinced that pore size can never be decreased. Do you feel it is from a combination of peptides and light therapy, or does the Quasar have a greater effect?

This is the one thing I am really, really happy to know is not the truth! It is possible to refine skin, it just takes the right products and patience. I do believe that this is due to CPs, acids and the BQ - things just seem to work together rebuilding my skin.
Also, were the pores on your skin prone to congestion and are they more resilient in a sense now?

This is something I still battle so use BHA to help keep my pores clear(er). However, they are not as prone to congestion anymore because I try to avoid products that cause this (am not always successful).

I think I have similar issues as you with pores and oil troubles, but hopefully I can nab those pores in the bud before they become out of control later in life...

I know exactly what you mean here. My initial rec is to get your skin barrier repaired; it goes a long way to help get things in order. Start that off with a balanced Ph, no-detergent cleanser.

TIA~
[/quote]

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Scaly,

you do look amazing and are an ispiration to so many of us.

Thanks for sharing the info, being generous with your time, posting pictures to document the progress.

Best of luck and very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
How wonderful! You deserve a fantastic skin compliment, not only because your skin is beautiful, but you have certainly been very dedicated to perfecting it! Congratulations! I hope your holiday is going beautifully Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
You ladies are the sweetest ever! Just love my EDS friends. Smile

The holidays are going nicely though I am ashamed to say I drank too much lemon-mix something vodka stuff on Christmas and got into a state that can only be described as `not correct`. Oh well, must screw up occasionally.

I`m also really glad that my posts have been helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

The holidays are going nicely though I am ashamed to say I drank too much lemon-mix something vodka stuff on Christmas and got into a state that can only be described as `not correct`. Oh well, must screw up occasionally.

I Scaly, thanks for bringing the snow to Montreal-even though it was on boxing day..I was thinking of you when you said you'd pack a coat just in case..well..I hope you also packed a tuque-it certainly got cold.Hope you had a great time!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations Scaley! This is when you know what you are doing is working!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

I Scaly, thanks for bringing the snow to Montreal-even though it was on boxing day..I was thinking of you when you said you'd pack a coat just in case..well..I hope you also packed a tuque-it certainly got cold.Hope you had a great time!

Congrats on your 1000 post, Marina! Glad to have brought the snow, it looks so much better now though as you said, sad it came on Boxing Day!

We`re holed up watching March of the Penguins - yawn. Wink

Thanks, Skincarefreak! That`s what I thought and wanted to give others encouragement to keep at it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on yours too, Scaly. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |