Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Good Hand cream needed - SOS!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Help please!

I am an out door kinda gal (have horses) and despite scrubs, the usual hand cream and spf my hands are really suffering this winter - they are looking wayyyy older and dryer/chapped than they should!(Hard to prevent when you have to pick out horses feet, handle wet rugs, muck out and sweep in all winds and weathers!!- I try to remember to wear gloves but sometimes I forget!! Rolling Eyes Embarassed )

Can any one recommend a hand treatment/cream that will stop my hands looking so ...well 'outdoors'!!!?!!?!?

Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I do not work outdoors like you so I cant be sure Weleda Skin Food would be strong enough but it has done wonders for my dry winter skin. Its cheap and comes in a big tube. Good luck.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist recommends either Glysomed or Cetaphil therapeutic barrier cream with shea butter. I also like Camille Beckman Glycerine hand Therapy. They work for me as my hands used to crack being in the water all the time with harsh cleansers. I forget the gloves too.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys - will check them out - the barrier cream sounds interesting - I'm religious with the rest of me but my hands seem to get neglected which is silly because they are the part that gets all the abuse of the elements. Note to self must do better - although I do have fab strong nails - I figure it must be all the hoof moisturiser/strengthener I apply (to hooves that is!!!! - Ohh I sound Soooooo glam now don't I!LOL!!! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Hand Cream. I am picky about hand cream, and find the Eucerin intensely moisturizing without being sticky or leaving a film. My hands do get pretty dry in the winter, but I'm not sure whether it would be enough to do the trick with all the outdoor exposure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Aveeno hand cream, Neutrogena Norwegian Hand cream, or CO Bigelow Lemon hand treatment.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Barielle also has a very thick and rich hand cream with SPF 15. And it doesn't leave your hands feeling greasy.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion. It works great, but absorbs right in, and it is not greasy at all.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucia - A while back, someone on the forum recommended Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion. It's worked as well if not better than anything else I've ever tried (my poor hands get quite a workout too), even expensive products. I bought a 14 oz (396 g) bottle for about $9 US. It's a good cheap product to keep on the sink.

I use SS on my hands so they're not freckled or spotted, but they're in water so often that they look a lot older than the rest of me!

I've used the Neutrogena hand cream that comes in a smallish tube (great for carrying in a handbag) and it helps too -- it has a balm-like texture.

BUT I'm excited to hear that doohicus recommends Camille Beckman! I found a jar of this on my mother's vanity after she passed away last year and couldn't believe how nice it was! I still have some left and I use it sparingly. My husband even remarked how soft it made his hands feel. But I've since hidden it from him so that I can savor it all by myself!
dragonfruit
5% products discount

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Avon Original Hand Cream is the best and cheap too
mysotic

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique hand cream.

Just apply & wear a glove before you sleep.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I swear by Kiehls hand cream
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
L'occitane Shea Butter hand cream gets a vote from me. It's rich but not greasy.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream as it's rich and moisturizing, but absorbs quickly. But at night I use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It's more emollient and stickier, but works just as well. Also, I use Crabtree & Evelyn Le Source Hand Therapy to scrub my hand twice a week. It makes my hands soooooooo soft!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I like the Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion. It works great, but absorbs right in, and it is not greasy at all.

I second the Gold Bond Lotion but also add Jason Hand Creams (I love the Aloe Vera one) and Burts Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I second the Gold Bond Lotion but also add Jason Hand Creams (I love the Aloe Vera one) and Burts Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme.

I third the Gold Bond Lotion, Im not in love with ingred. list but, it really works wonders to sheild your hands and let them heal naturally. I layer this over Earth to Body's lotion.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I get really dry hands that are prone to eczema and have had great success with using Candessence Encore during the day and Penzim plus Kiehls Intensive Callous Treatment whilst wearing cotton gloves at night.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Wow - thanks everyone - loads of recommendations to investigate!!!

Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
crabtree evelyn has the best hand cream ever.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I recommend L'occitane Shea Butter hand cream also. It's the thickest cream on the market and if you put a thick layer on before bed at night it should sort out your hands pretty quickly.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
I recommend L'occitane Shea Butter hand cream also. It's the thickest cream on the market and if you put a thick layer on before bed at night it should sort out your hands pretty quickly.

Agree...this is one of my favorite, too/
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Earlier this year, there were a lot of EDS raves for Sally Hansen's Age Correct Retinol Hand Creme. I believe CareKate started it, but whoever it was, Thank You! I went and got some and I've been hooked ever since. It's a great moisturizer, it smells good (nothing strong, a little citrusy), it's not greasy, and best of all it really has made my hands look younger (lightening of age/sun spots and firmer skin).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
DermaTherapy is what I use. It is very good. My hands used to be extremely dry, living in Toronto in some snowwy months (not this year tho Surprised). You can get it at any health food store that sells skincare as well.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
lucky Lucia
you could buy a dose of pure shea butter or burt's bees hand lines
one of my friend whose hand always like a dry branch ,i gave her bb's hand salve for a trial about 14 days
then i could see the obvious change on her hand
but hand salve is tooooo rich for my hand,i like a rich but light texture,no silica feel style hand cream Wink
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend Johnson-Johnson Vitamin A & E (blue package). It is not a hand cream but I use it on my hand. leg and the whole body. It is cheap and soothing.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |