Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
If you had to pick a favourite decade for music, it would be
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been sitting here, browsing the forum while listening to itunes. Alot of songs I really love to listen to are from the 80's! I know ... most people think the 80's were horrible for music! But I think I love it so much because it takes me back to Junior/High School. I listen to alot of stuff from other decades too (and alot of current stuff), but 80's is always my favourite.
Smile

If you have to pick a favourite decade for music ... which would it be?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I grew up in the 90's so I'd have to say the 90's although my friends are in love with the 80's Question

But I do love the 40's and 50's Absolutely love Billy Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
The 70's but before disco.Also like 40's..you know, when they actually wrote lyrics. Rolling Eyes
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you, Moonstar - I'm all 80's! I used to love Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five and The Barkays - or was it Barklays?? They sang that crazy song called Sex-o-matic...what a blast!!! Oh ya - and Chaka Khan!! Remember Chaka Khan?! She was awesome! I used to just love "Let the Music Play"...what a great dance song that was!
Oooh the memories!! Laughing
Pudooodles
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I love the music from the 80's too -- especially the rock! Brings back so many memories from highschool.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
80's!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all the music from the 80's, but I'm especially all about synthpop like New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Petshop Boys, Erasure, etc etc. And I loooooove 80's Madonna--- if I see a karaoke machine I cannot walk away from it without singing "Like a Virgin" or "Material Girl." Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
I love the music from the 80's too -- especially the rock! Brings back so many memories from highschool.

Oh yeah, I loved all those "hair" bands back then ... Poison, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Cinderella, Guns N Roses, Whitesnake, Motley Crue ... I was totally into them. I also loved alot of the more pop stuff like Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Madonna ... there's tons I'm forgetting!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sixties and early seventies !!!

And Eric Clapton regardless of the decade.... (swoooooooooooooon)
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Marching around with a picket sign:

SAY NO TO DISCO !!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
tam wrote:

Oh yeah, I loved all those "hair" bands back then ... Poison, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Cinderella, Guns N Roses, Whitesnake, Motley Crue ... I was totally into them. I also loved alot of the more pop stuff like Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Madonna ... there's tons I'm forgetting!

Bon Jovi was and still is my favorite! (Jon is still so cute! Very Happy ) There were so many great groups at that time.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Marching around with a picket sign:

SAY NO TO DISCO !!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you! I thought I was the only one. Donna Summers makes me wince....
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
My vote is for the 80's too. Anything that had that funky dance vibe: Chaka Khan, Prince,...
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I gotta go with the 60's and 70's too. No 80's for me. (sorry!) I can definitely do without the disco too.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Definately the 80's!!!!!

Can't forget good ole classic rock during that time too!! Bad Company, Rolling Stones, The Who, Aerosmith, The Eagles, Foreigner,Boston,Journey..many popular hits came out in the 80's!!!!

REM, The Clash, gosh the list goes on Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
80's baby!!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Without a doubt ... the '80s! I went to sooooo many awesome concerts ... but my favorite concert was Prince! I had front row center tickets for Prince's Purple Rain tour at what was then the Forum in L.A. Got them for about $500 for the pair (cheap!) - took my best friend, we got a limo, dressed up and had a BLAST!

This may be TMI, but I can tell you all it was very obvious that the man wore no skivvies under his lace pants! Embarassed Prince's jewels were pretty much on display, but then again we were right at the edge of the stage and could see EVERYTHING.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
It just has to be the 60s and 70s. The best music ever. Even the Beatles came to Oz in that era.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
'nother vote for 60's and 70's here!
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
80's!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all the music from the 80's, but I'm especially all about synthpop like New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Petshop Boys, Erasure, etc etc.

I agree. The 80's was the best...synthpop 'totally awesome'. Very Happy
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
60's and 70's!!
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever American Standards were the norm 30's 40's or whenever.

Being seranaded by Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Nat King Cole or others like them make me swoon!

Also, love anything by Il Divo, tenors of any number -operaish.....

Not sure of the decades for that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
80's!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all the music from the 80's, but I'm especially all about synthpop like New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Petshop Boys, Erasure, etc etc.

I agree. The 80's was the best...synthpop 'totally awesome'. Very Happy

I was a student here in London during the eighties so I got to see most of these bands.. it was my twenties, my partying era, so all that stuff is close to my heart.

I also loved David Bowie and, later, Prince.

There's lots of great music around now as well, also.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love the music from the 80's. Takes me back to highschool memories!
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite era was 70's b.d. (before disco)

It was before my time, but I love the simple lyrics in those ballads and wish they still made songs like that.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'd have to go with the 80's as well: Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, The Cure...Simply the best!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |