Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

About the Blush Thing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
well, i posted a toped asking how to putt on blush a fews days ago and the suggestions really helped!thank you so much everyone!!..it looked better but still kinda looks funny and i know the reason why...the apple of my cheeks are very big but the bone that continues to the hair like really isnt that big compared to my huge apple bones, and i'm not fat at all! i'm thin, but i dont know how to putt on blush in a situation like this!anyone know a trick?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
You can try sweeping a bronzer up your cheekbones, then apply blush only on the apples of your cheeks. THis will help to define your facial sturcuture without looking overdone.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I will second this also. I was putting on my bronzer all wrong also it seemed. I was apply bronzer like I was reg blush which I was doing wrong anyhow so it didn't help overall Laughing . But the MAC makeup artist told me to put the bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks and the blush on the apples, just a light brush of the blush though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
well, do i aply the bronzer on top of the hollow of my cheeks and the apple, or underneeth the bone??..do you know what i mean?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
No, it goes underneath the bone. The way I do it is I do the fish face, that gives me the outline of the hollow areas to apply the bronzer..and then I apply the blush on the apples of my cheeks. Remeber to blend well so you don't have two streaks on your face Laughing Does that make sense?

Or sometimes if I just want the sunkissed look I just apply the bronzer where the sun would hit, like the forehead, bridge of my nose and in this case the apples of the cheeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Just something I found

How to Apply Blush

For a sculpted, sophisticated look:
First, find your cheekbones by sucking in the cheeks. Feel along the edge of the cheekbone. This is where you'll place cheek colour to make cheekbones more prominent and enhance your other features. Never apply colour above the cheekbone area since that will make your eyes look puffy.

For a soft, diffused glow:
Smile to reveal the "apples" of your cheeks. Then, dip your blush brush into the powder, shake off the excess, and brush it lightly over the apple of your cheek, moving upwards toward the ear, with short, up-and-down vertical movements. As always, keep blush at least one and one-half inches away from the nose and never brush colour near the eyes.

To emphasize bone structure:
Apply your blusher underneath the cheekbone. For an even stronger look apply some to the temple as well.

To make your skin look clearer:
Smile and apply blusher to the apples of your cheek. Blend it back but don't go any further than the corner of your eye. By keeping the colour on the front of your cheeks you give the illusion of clearer skin which will also emphasize your eyes.

For a long, narrow face:
If you have a long, narrow face and you need to create width, apply the colour no higher than the lower edge of cheekbone and keep the angle horizontal. Apply colour only on the outer third of the cheeks (cheek colour in the middle of the face will emphasize length).

For a Round, Wide, or Square Face:
For more length, apply colour in the middle of the face (without getting too close to the nose. Cheek colour on the outer third of your cheeks will only emphasize roundness).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
well, do i aply the bronzer on top of the hollow of my cheeks and the apple, or underneeth the bone??..do you know what i mean?

It really depends on your face shape. I never put color under my cheekbones, only on top. Any lower, and my face looks droopy. I will blend blush out to my temple (with a light hand), and into my hairline at my temple. I think this draws my face up, and makes me look more awake.

So, if you have stong cheekbones, go with the contours of them, don't try to create them somehwere else on your face. I guess I always hear and read that you shouldn't put blush in the hollows of your cheeks. But whatever works, go with it.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
This is a helpful thread. I've been using BB blush brush, which I love, but I am curious what other people find good.

A girlfriend of mine uses a huge MAC powder brush to put on blush. It's all but one sweep from pan to cheek. It works so well for her it takes away all the guess work out of putting on blush.

I still adore my BB blush brush though. I'm curious now what blush brush other people are using.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |