Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
dermatologist suggestion.......
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
well, i went to the dermatologist awhile ago from now to remove my mouls, but i asked her about my photoaging eyes..she said becuase i was so young and if i stop tanning my skin would renew it self and lines would diminish...i asked for eye creams and she told me that eye creams that you buy are not powerful enough to get ride of the fine lines..and that they would not work and didnt want me to buy anything...why do some eye creams help fine lines then?
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I think that the dermatologist was very wise in telling you to avoid the sun. And no product makes fine lines disappear; products make them less noticeable.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
The derm is absolutely right. Tanning and sun is the cardinal sin for skin and aging. Some eye creams might give the appearance of helping with fine lines but I believe it's only temporary and superficial due to perhaps the plumping up of the skin thru hydration. The only thing that works on a deeper level is retinoids.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I agree the plumping of the skin makes the lines look less noticeable.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:02 am      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby, I have to disagree with what you have been told. I am a lot older than you and 18 months ago I had a lot of wrinkles, bags under my eyes and skin that was not in very good condition with regular breakouts. I have found that with the right skin care that has some basis to its formulation and it suits my skin that it can work. The only lines I have on my face now are elevens (which have been with me most of my life), slight nasal lines and one crease at the corner of my eyes.
My advice to you is wear a good sunscreen on your face everyday and, if possible, wear a hat when in the sun for a long period of time, get yourself a good moisturiser suited to your skin including an eye cream. Even though you are young, your skin will still need moisture.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Lipglossbaby, I know tanning is so tempting, but it really is dangerous. I got skin cancer at 24 & I always had worn sunscreen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy wrote
Quote:
18 months ago I had a lot of wrinkles, bags under my eyes and skin that was not in very good condition with regular breakouts. I have found that with the right skin care that has some basis to its formulation and it suits my skin that it can work. The only lines I have on my face now are elevens (which have been with me most of my life), slight nasal lines and one crease at the corner of my eyes.

Bushy, I've read alot of your posts about Juvedical, Remergent and Valmont products, may I ask which products you thought were the most effective and what areas did they address ie wrinkles, fine lines etc.
Thanks
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I agree 100% with avoiding the sun, tanning and wearing daily sunscreen. I do not think nowdays there is any room for debate on that issue.

I also think that you should use good skincare, appropriate for you age group.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
kalegr wrote:

Bushy, I've read alot of your posts about Juvedical, Remergent and Valmont products, may I ask which products you thought were the most effective and what areas did they address ie wrinkles, fine lines etc.
Thanks

I had tried a lot of skin products with little effect and started to believe that nothing would make a difference until I initially tried the Juvedical products and noticed that my skin was improving. Juvedical improved the tone and condition of my skin and stopped any breakouts. I then thought that perhaps there were products that could make a difference on the lines and wrinkles and started to look at those products where there was a good deal of research and testing. Valmont, Cellcosmet and later, Remergent really looked like they could offer something. My basic skin care is all the Remergent products with Valmont DNA Repair or Valmont Bio Cellular, Valmont Lip Repair and Cellcosmet Gel Cleanser, Activator, Toner and Exfoliant Scrub. I also alternate Valmont Purifying Mask and Cellcosmet Mask. About 6 months ago I also introduced Valmont Elixir Eye and Face Creams but when I am using these they are the only products I use. They last 2 months and due to price, I only use them about every 3 to 4 months. I have had 2 lots of the L Elixir. In all that, I don't really know what had the huge effect but I suspect that L Elixir made the biggest difference because it is the only product I have used on the brow above my eyes and the double eyelid so common at my age has gone. The only line on my eyes now is one crease at the side and that is much smaller than it used to be. With the decrease in my elevens and the nasal lines, I am going to stick with this routine to see just how much more improvement I can get.
These products may not suit everyone or produce the same results but I think the key to a product being able to perform is whether it suits your skin in that it does not clog the pores, it does not cause breakouts, it initially improves your skin tone and your skin looks healthy and the products absorb easily. If they don't absorb into your skin then they possibly can't work on your skin and don't suit. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bushy, I use the Juvedical serums and eye cream, I haven't tried Remergent, Valmont or Cellcosmet yet but will definitely look at these products. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |