Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ask for CAUDALIE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Have anyone used any Caudalie skin care products before?
I am interested in Caudalie Beauty Elixir Toner and Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum.

For Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, it says it's ideal for smokers (I am a smoker).

Could anyone give me some advices?
Thank you
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sad
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Melissa, not really sure what advice you're looking for, but several threads will come up if you do a search for the product.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Curious why is the radiance serum good for smokers? I see no link between the two
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
i think the texture is light and canbe absorbed easily.
i could't see the effect but many herbist' brand is so
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Curious why is the radiance serum good for smokers? I see no link between the two

I'm sure it's just because it is an antioxidant serum.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just received a sample of Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum from EDS. I can't wait to start trying because I haven't had much success with other "illuminating" products. I do pile on antioxident products because I am also a smoker. I know the best way to prevent some aging is quitting smoking but it isn't an easy job at all Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
My best friends 60 year old mum is dying of Cancer, probably only has a few weeks left to live. It was caused by smoking. I think that's a good enough reason to give up.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
My best friends 60 year old mum is dying of Cancer, probably only has a few weeks left to live. It was caused by smoking. I think that's a good enough reason to give up.

Today is my Pa's 80th birthday. We are amazed he made it this far. He has smoked on and off for years - he started very young as he went into the Navy when he was 16 or 17, and was with the Seabees on Saipan where he started smoking because of the other sailor's influence.

The only thing that made him quit was the fear of God pounded into him by his doctor that he was in danger of imminent death from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). He is now on oxygen 100% of the time (he has to carry one of those little tanks everywhere he goes) and has had lung reduction surgery (where they go in and remove damaged portions of your lung so that you can breath easier and the lungs don't have to work so hard). He almost died in the hospital and was very, very sick for a LONG time. He's on so many medications its hard for anyone to keep track of them and the medications have a slew of side-effects including osteoporosis - he broke a rib BENDING OVER to pick up something the other day! This was a handsome, vital man who always looked many years younger than his true age, and in spite of the surgery and medication, he looks like he aged 30 years practically over night and appears every bit the fragile, brittle, broken-down old man. Who knew that not being able to breath ages a person terribly? Rolling Eyes

Needless to say his quality of life sucks. He's developed terrible allergies and can hardly go outside because of all the pollen, etc. Nice way to spend your final years. He's just lucky my Mom is significantly younger than he is, so she can take care of him. He's no longer on the brink of death, but has confessed that what he is enduring now is more like torture than life.

All THAT is also a really good reason to quit smoking now. Cancer or living a life like my Pa is pretty much what you have to look forward to.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock Shock Sad

I wish I know how to quit you... Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:34 am      Reply with quote
About a year ago, we got a dog, and I got allergic asthma.

Not being able to breathe terrified me. It was so traumatic.

The thought of a little white stick that makes you smell bad, gradually creating a situation in which I would eventually be in a perpetual state of panic and depression about my inability to breathe, put me off stinkarettes, big time.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
sadly, the link between smoking and aging of skin is all too clear; i've seen it ravage my friend's faces, especially around the lips. but, frighteningly, my mother and grandmother have smoked most of their lives and have literally NO wrinkles on their face at all. At 30, I almost have more undereye fine lines than my mother... And I've never smoked a day in my life, drink tons of water and exercise, and wear sunscreen religiously, etc. I'm hoping genetic time will tell in my favor!!!
As for Caudelie, I've purchased their products before and find them to be completely inactive and hardly living up to their claims. Their expensive purifying mask was about as good as any standard clay mask... Nothing special. I wouldn't waste your $$ on it--I would think that Valmont would be a great investment, since it really boosts the skin, and also juice beauty's sensitive apple peel and antioxidant serum seem well worth the money...
But really, if you smoke, you can't try to take care of your skin--one cancels the other out completely!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I finally tried the vinoperfect serum sample last night. I ran out my sample of IS Clinical Active Serum (which is my new love now) so I decided to give Caudalie a go.

I washed my face with cetaphil and Jurlique face wash cream. I applied PSF's Oxygen serum. The vinoperfect serum is in a light yellow colour. The consistency is like really light lotion. It went on smoothly and I waited for my skin to absorb it. The light lotion somehow turned sticky on my skin. Not as sticky as MD Formulation's AHA products but I did not like the feel. My face looked like I had a mask on with some sheen on my face. I waited and waited for the stickiness to go away. I think it took no less than 20 minutes. My skin still had a sheen on. I followed with Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel.

I have to say...I do not like how the product felt on my skin. I only used it once so there is no way for me to determine if its an effective product. I don't even want to try it again tonight! Luckily, I received my IS Clinical Active in the mail today!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Caudalie Radiance Serum after reading a rave review of it here on the forum. After a several weeks of daily use, I realized it wasn't fading my freckles much but by then I'd grown to love it as a nightime moisturizer when my skin is dry. It does brighten my complexion a bit. One of the rare times I've used it under makeup was during the recent Christmas holidays when I was so dried out from daily antihistamine use. Over DMAE and under JI Pressed Base, my dry skin looked beautifully dewy.

I like to keep some on hand because most anti-aging moisturizers are too rich for me (I'm 54). Radiance Serum is milky and light but the oiliness is from squalane, which doesn't agree with everyone's skin -- some people get acne from it but I haven't. It's anti-oxidant property comes from grapes. I would imagine that many people who use IS Clinical Active Serum have oily and/or acneic skin and Radiance Serum wouldn't be the best anti-oxidant in that case.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I went to sephora and got claudalie booklet by mailing in the postcard asking for sample.
I am not very impressed with the product. The mask gives me redness on my face, the serum is sticky. I would say you can ask sample from sephora first to try.
vani
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I've used several Caudalie products years ago, when it was just launched in the UK.

It claims that J.Lo is their fan:)

Nothing impressive for me, so I even forgot the product names I've used.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |