Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Does USPS deliver on Sundays in the US?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oh please tell me they do! I bought some Xmas presents from Amazon.com on the 11th of December, they were shipped by Ground on the 16th and were due to arrive on the 22nd. They are still not here and I need to *give* them tomorrow - yikes! The guaranteed Xmas delivery order-by date was 17th of December on Amazon so I figured I'd be safe since I beat that by six days Confused Do you think I can still expect them to come tomorrow or do I need to make a panicky last minute trip back to Bloomies or somewhere?

Btw, I have to tell you something funny. I found this site -www.smartbargains.com - and I've been shopping from it like crazy here (because I can Smile). I am staying in a large apartment building that has a doorman so they have to sign for all the parcels. The last few weeks, almost every time I get home from work I have at least three parcels waiting for me. The doorman doesn't ask anymore for my apt #, he just says something along the lines of "smartbargains must love you!" and proceeds to get the parcels for me. The last few days he's had to send me up to my apartment with one of those hotel luggage trolleys because I couldn't possibly carry everything by myself. The one question that remains is how the hell do I pack this up and take it home with me??? Embarassed Confused Shock I might need to get onto smarkbargains again and buy some extra suitcases.... Rolling Eyes
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
No. But, they always have on Christmas Day. Don't know if they do anymore, though.

Ari

Oh, that's funny about smart bargains.

Edit: I meant Christmas Eve. But, since it's on a Sunday, I don't know. Their website doesn't show anything for either day.
Crying or Very sad

Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Arielle. I guess I'll wait till about 2pm and then head out and buy "plan B" just in case. We celebrate Christmas Eve so our presents are exchanged tomorrow night - hence the urgency. I couldn't find any info on the USPS website either Confused
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, you might just go ahead and ship the stuff you are keeping for yourself instead of trying to pack it in your luggage. Sounds like you got a ton of stuff! If you go over weight or amount with your luggage most airlines charge you at least $50.

You could get all your goodies packed up and ship them to yourself in Australia a couple days before you leave so that they get there a day or so after you get home. It will depend on how much stuff you have, but paying the $50+ overage for the plane trip home might be cheaper than shipping it separately.

Alternatively, you need to consider also how much of a hassle dragging all that stuff to the airport (there and back) will be. Shipping might just be less of a headache. Plus, you could insure the shipments - if they get lost with the airplane trip home I'm not sure what kind of recourse you have for compensation.

And yes, smartbargains.com must LOVE you!

Have a great Christmas and New Year! Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
USPS never delivers on Sundays. If it's a holiday, it's double the reason for the postman/woman to stay home!

There won't be any mail on Monday either...they will start delivering Tuesday.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I thought that the P.O. commercial used to say that the P.O. even delivered on Christas day (maybe only for Priority Mail or Express Mail?) Maybe they tried that one year and did away with it.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Since we haven't had mail delivery in 4 days, due to a snowstorm in Colorado, I think they are trying to deliver today and Christmas Day, too. I hope!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
The USPS is always closed on Sundays and Federal/State holidays.

Sorry Mabsy. Sad

Merry Christmas
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Well, look on the bright side, if you have to buy more gifts for Christmas, you'll have all those "extras" to ship home for yourself! Shock Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
My mail lady just delivered a ton of mail to us, and a few packages. We haven't had delivery since the snowstorm 4 days ago. Anyway, she said she's not working tomorrow, but some postal workers will work part of Christmas day.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I sent a big box of Christmas presents to my sister and was disappointed that she hadn't reveived them by Saturday since everyone knows that the post office does not deliver mail on Sundays or holidays. So I was really surprised when my sister called today to say that they delivered the box this morning-on a Sunday!! Shock
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
This is so interesting!

Please read the following post that I have started...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18965

I started this post and EDS felt that my initial comment about testing EDS customer service is not appropriate for them, so they deleted it. What you are reading is my second post.
I just made an order, it is a rush because I really ran out of samples of other brands and felt that Cellcosmet is the best, so I reordered. I wanted to see how customer service would be.
I explained my purchase was quite grand and if I wanted it overnight shipment, I had to pay extra about $28.00. I don't think EDS was happy that I started a thread on it.

Anyway, I am not the only one wondering about the customer service. The Post Office is really giving retailers a bad name because they are not doing their job.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up getting a Priority Mail package delivered on Christmas Day. Didn't realize it until early this morning though, when we put the day's mail out to be collected by our mail carrier. That was a surprise! They didn't ring our bell or anything, just left it in the mailbox.
Mabsy

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone - you are right, there was no delivery. The parcel STILL isn't here today though - mail must be really slow this week!
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I received a package on Sunday, Dec 24th ShockI didn't think I was going to get it by Christmas but I did. It was priority mail though. I saw a mail truck driving around the neighborhood on Christmas day too. Shock Shock
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |