Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermalogica Cleanser, Shampoo & Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
greeneggs

Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I want to talk about dermalogica. I am living in Hong Kong and dermalogica is
being put on the high end products, one can hardly find a store selling this brand, it is only available in few professional beauty salons.

Later I learnt that essential day spa is selling its products at a very reasonable price, so I decided to give a try. Forget to
mention my skin type ¡V I am aged 27, sensitive skin, easily to get "red", quite dry at cheeks and
oily at t-zone, acnes appear from time to time ¡V so complicated! the 1st thing I try is the special cleansing gel, it gives you a soft and clean after-use feeling, without
over-drying the skin. It is almost the best cleanser I have ever used. Another good
recommendation is the Ultra Calming Cleanser for face and eyes. I love to use it either when I wear light make up or when I feel my skin extra dirty even without any make up on, it is not greasy but yet powerful enough to remove dirt and oils on your face. The 2 cleanser are both so mild that my sensitive skin is always fine
with it without feeling uncomfortable once.
The hi shine shampoo and conditioner are also my loved ones. It tamed my a bit dry hair appropriately and wont leave residue. One product I am not very happy with is The Bar. In view of its relatively lower price as compared to special cleansing gel but claiming to be performing alike, I bought TWO in my first try. I can say that it is nothing like the cleansing gel, I feel it is more milky/moisturizing and seems not thorough enough for face cleansing. Now I give up and use it for shower! I have with me the Microfoliant too. Since my skin is quite sensitive and thin (and I always believe this skin type cannot tolerate harsh exfoliant), I only tried one or two times with extra care and just feel it so-so, but I am sure most of you will like it. I just got the Active Moist toner spray yesterday from essential day spa, it makes me feeling comfortable. I will try the Active Moist lotion after finishing my uv cream of another brand (is that SKII (same group with max factor) is not very popular in Canada and the States?)
Hope to share again with you shortly.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I think as long as you use a GENTLE cleanser, thats all that matters. Theres a lot of good ones out there.
luvmyskin

Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant and Viitaman Recovery Masque. Both are gentle and good for sensitive skin without the need to scrub or iirritate skin. Try them both.
manchita99
5% products discount

Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I've recently started using the Dermalogica Skincare line and I have to say I am very impressed. My skin has never looked this good! It is smoother, has smaller pores and seems to glow from within (maybe it's just my happiness at having found a good line! LoL!)

These are the products I use:
Special Cleansing Gel morning and night
Multi-Active Toner morning and night
Microfoliant every night
Active Moist morning (with SPF30 booster added) and night
Medicated Clearing Gel every night

I also use Proactiv's Repair Lotion during the day to keep the breakouts at bay. I used to have really bad acne in my early twenties and if I don't maintain a routine for the acne I find it starts to come back. Prior to using Dermalogica I was using Proactiv Solution and found it to be very good, but I was getting bored with it and wanted something different. Dermalogica is so wonderful! It's expensive, but I've been looking on ebay for deals and have found some.

My skin feels clean and smooth. Fresh and rested. I look forward to washing my face. It does not feel dry or irritated at all. I would recommend this line to anyone wanting great skin and a little pampering.

I did at one point during my early twenties use the Anti-Bac Face Wash and found it to be a bit harsh on my acne. I think when you have acne, gentle is the way to go.

Now, I am curious about the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream. Is it really that good?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I used several dermalogica products for acne skin.But it is nor enougt result to my skin.
Very gentle,no irritation,,so so.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Now that you mention it, whilst in HK I didnt really see any Dermalogica concessions in the shopping malls. I only saw one Dermalogica salon where I lived and no where else.

I have tried a few things from Dermalogica and they broke me out really BADLY Sad ... every single one of them! So nowadays, I try to steer clear of Dermalogica.

Glad you are having such good results with Dermalogica!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution and have no problems with it. My questions is if anyone knows if you can use it for eye makeup as well ? It doesn't say not to but it doesn't say otherwise either.

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I've tried Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant sample size which i got from EDS. First I worried it would be a bit harsh on my skin. However after trying it, I love it
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I received a sample of their moisture cream and it made me breakout withing a couple of hours. I was really sticky, and greasy, never absorbed in.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Daily microexfoliant is a must have for me.
bintypoos
5% products discount

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
cindy67 wrote:
I just bought the Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution and have no problems with it. My questions is if anyone knows if you can use it for eye makeup as well ? It doesn't say not to but it doesn't say otherwise either.

Thanks!

Hi Cindy67! I've used the essential cleansing solution to wash eye area, and I definitely think its gentle enough. I love Dermalogica products, my skin has improved so much since using them. I also love the precleanse oil, its fantastic for taking off make-up!
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Woo. A post for 5 years. Thanks for sharing but i do not like the brand since it once made my skin redness.
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
As for Dermalogica... I really loved using their masks and foundations!! Non-comedogenic, yet strong enough to do everything Smile
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I used their shampoo and conditioner, and found they were so-so. Confused

I also tried some of their samples and was never impressed.

I wonder if Greeneggs is still using this brand, huh?!
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used dermalogica products for years and LOVE them! Before this I used Estee Lauder and my skin broke out terribly - Dermalogica cleared it up and stopped future breakouts so I am a big fan.
Only one thing I will mention is that I have a friend in the day spa industry who says dermalogica is an excellent line but once in your thirties or older it is better to switch to products more suited for aging. I am now using Pevonia with equally good results in terms of clear skin and hopefully will keep those dreaded wrinkles at bay Confused
(I am 35).
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Love the cleansing gel. I actually water it down because it's so concentrated. A little goes a long way. Not drying at all.

Daily microfoliant is very good, too, as well as their multi-vitamin power masque.

I don't particulary care for their Power Rich. Too expensive and didn't really do much for my skin. I didn't see any noticeable difference after finishing a boxful of the tubes. I also didn't like their moisturizers. Those didn't do much for me, either. Hope this helps.
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:55 am      Reply with quote
I really love the Multivitamin mask. My face is brighter after using it.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 3:29 am      Reply with quote
daily microexfoliant- I can't live without this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Chromowite product? It's very pricy but is it any good?
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Daily microexfoliant is a daily must for me!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
The face products never really did it for me including the beloved from many microfoliant but I do love the spf eye cream, eye makeup remover and the body creams
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone use age smart line of dermalogica? I just ordered a sample kit from EDS. I only hear something about the VC powder, and it is very good. How about other products?
cacipony
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:49 am      Reply with quote
i hv the microfoliant but it seems to dry up my skin... and the funny thg is that i hv oily skin.

after exfoliating, my skin feels really dry, wat shud i do with the pdt then? i bought it for 80 bugs in aussie!
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
the cleansing gel is divine!i cant live without this...and the precleanse too!!!! soooo soft....my skin that is!
acquas
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Dermalogica http://www.dermalogica.com/us/products.html#/products/product-use!!Thank you for your introduction, is very helpful Exclamation

[url][/url][url][/url][img][/img][url]
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |