Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellcosmet doesn't work for me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad

i have read so many raves about this product line, i requested some samples from EDS and got two recently, ultra vital and eye contour cream.
with all the excitement, i tried both of them on the next day. to my disappointment, my skin doesn't absorb both of them.
i put some amount of ultra vital cream in my palm and tried to warm it up before i apply it on my face, i noticed it doesnt melt as other creams i use. nevertheless, i go ahead and use a light massaging method, as suggested. but the cream is not absorbed at all, it just stands on the surface, when i tapped it gently some small pieces just came off all over the place, as if i was using a buffing cream. and later on i could't apply my foundation on top of it.

i tried the eye cream, same thing, small pieces came off again.

why is that? did i apply too much? or the method is not correct? i applied cellex-c serum and hydra-b serum before the ultra vita cream. is it because of too much layers of products? i had similar problem with Jurlique herbal revoery gel, i found i can't apply another cream on top of it.

for the eyes, it is first time for me, other eye gels and creams i am using now are so quickly absorbed, unlike this one.

what went wrong?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am not really sure what the problem is but perhaps there is a conflict between the serums and the Cellcosmet creams. Have you tried using the Cellcosmet without the serums to see if the same thing happens?

I have used the Cellcsomet Sensitive Day Cream and the Eye Contour Cream and I did find that they did not absorb easily. It always took some extra effort to get them to absorb completely but I never experienced the small pieces coming off that you mentioned. Oddly enought some of our members rave about how easily absorbed the Eye Cream is! Confused
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks God Theresa, now i dont feel so bad about myself since you had similar experience. i really dont want to be excluded from cellcosmet.
yes i can try the ultra vital without the serum, but i did apply the eye contour cream alone. the texture is very thick. i had used valmont glacier eye cream, the eye and lip contour cream, sisley's global anti-aging eye cream, remergent's micro-circular therapy. all of them get absorbed pretty quickly, but not cellcosmet. first it just stands on the surface so i used gental tapping massaging, after a while, those little pieces like dirts come out. i dont know why.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds so weired gracedhy... Confused

I only use the eye contour cream at night time so I never really paid much attention to how it absorbed. But, in the morning, they are definately gone...absorbed completely. I do use a very tiny amount...very thin layer. Did you try using less product and not rub on it too much? Leave it on and see if it gets absorbed...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
wild cat,i tried very very tiny amout of eye cream this morning, it's fine. but the ultra vital cream still had the same problem, it is a little bit disgusting. i will try to apply it just after the toner tommorrow, see if that works.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
This is an interesting observation. Maybe that is why I love Cellcosmet so much. It might initionally leave some sort of shine or should I say a dewy look? But I have never found any difficulty when I apply make-up on top. Normally, I don't wear foundation except around Holidays, weddings & photos, but when I do, Cellcosmet does not alter the matt look I may be going for or if the extra shiny look when there is a girls night out.

Maybe the formulations of Cellcosmet is perfect for my skin. I will never forget how Cellcosmet Ultra Vital literally wowed me. Very Happy
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
skincare, do you use the whole cellcosmet line when you apply ultra vital, today i stayed home so i didnt even wear sunscreen, but whenver i feel to touch my face, i rubbed something off, it's wierd!!!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
It really sounds like either a product applied before the Cellcosmet is causing it to ball up, in which case you will see bits falling off or you are rubbing so much you are shedding old skin which may be a result of the cleanser you are using.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
It really sounds like either a product applied before the Cellcosmet is causing it to ball up, in which case you will see bits falling off or you are rubbing so much you are shedding old skin which may be a result of the cleanser you are using.

i applied cellex-c high potency serum before the cellcosmet, i do think these two doesnt work together, i dont think i am shedding old skin though coz i never had this problem with other day creams.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Right now, I still have Cellcosmet Cream cleanser and I will be done with it by tomorrow morning. Then I apply Vivier Vit. C 20% (the strongest strenght you can get), then I apply my eye cream, then my Sensetive day cream (I need to order Ultra Vital) but I have used Ultra Vital and it has never balled up on me. I can't get over the thought that it could actually ball up on you. I found it to be a perfect base for make-up but I don't wear foundation on regular basis.

I am shocked that the cream is doing this to you.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
skincare i am shocked myself, is it possible that the sample is not fresh???
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! I misread!!! Neutral Sorry.

It was a sample. Ok, so did this start when you first opened it? Or, was it after you opened it and is it the tiny sample where you cannot seal it again? I find that it turns yellow, maybe because of the Vit. C in the cream. But even when you don't seal the tiny sample (kind of hard to seal the tiny sample) and it kind of turns yellow, I still found it to be nice on my skin.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy--i have used both products, from samples and the full size also and have never experienced problems with pieces coming off or absorption.

do you live in a really cold area? for some reason i think the coldness could affect absorption? i have no idea.

i have never experienced a problem with EDS samples or products, but maybe the samples are old???

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Oh! I misread!!! Neutral Sorry.

It was a sample. Ok, so did this start when you first opened it? Or, was it after you opened it and is it the tiny sample where you cannot seal it again? I find that it turns yellow, maybe because of the Vit. C in the cream. But even when you don't seal the tiny sample (kind of hard to seal the tiny sample) and it kind of turns yellow, I still found it to be nice on my skin.

yes it started the first time i opened it. the cream doesnt turn to yellow yet. i had some in my plam and try to warm it up, even though i found it did't melt properly at all. I used the same method when i applied my la mer cream, gosh, that cream melts in no time. that's why i am so confused...
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
gracedhy--i have used both products, from samples and the full size also and have never experienced problems with pieces coming off or absorption.

do you live in a really cold area? for some reason i think the coldness could affect absorption? i have no idea.

i have never experienced a problem with EDS samples or products, but maybe the samples are old???

I live in Toronto, Canada, no matter how cold outside is, my room temperature is kept at about 20 degrees. i also think maybe the samples are old or expired...Sad
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Same here and it must be the sample has expired. This is the first that I heard of this problem.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
ladiesss...i am so excited that i dont want to wait until tomorrow morning to tell this. i just tried to apply the ultra vital cream after my toner, guess what! it's perfect!!! no balling off at all this time!!
hmmm i just love the silky feeling it left on my face. i am so glad i dont have to walk away from such a great product line!
problem solved! i just need to apply it alone, it seems doesnt work with my cellex-c serums. that's ok as long as i use one in the mornings and the other in the evenings.
i am so happy now and thank you all for your patience.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
that's awesome, I am so glad it worked for you! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I am glad that it is working for you. I use Vivier Vit. C and have used ISC super serum without any problems with Cellcosmet moisterizers.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I am glad that it is working for you. I use Vivier Vit. C and have used ISC super serum without any problems with Cellcosmet moisterizers.

skincare, I usually apply two layer beneath cellcosment, cellex-c high-potency serum (with vitamin c)and cellex-c hydra-b complex which has Hyaluronic acid. this morning i only tried the vitamin c serum before cellcosment, it is still OK! now i know the hyaluronic acid doesn't work with it!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
That is so weird because I used to put on my Vivier Vit. C, then Sonya Dakar Omega 3 oil, then the Ultra Vital and I never had that problem. You are the first to have this problem.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
hi, it didn't work out for me either at the beginning, so I decided to start with valmont. Now I feel more comfortable with cellcosmet.. maybe I am getting older or I think my skin now is used to this type of bio- cell- products.
good luck
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
itisme wrote:
hi, it didn't work out for me either at the beginning, so I decided to start with valmont. Now I feel more comfortable with cellcosmet.. maybe I am getting older or I think my skin now is used to this type of bio- cell- products.
good luck

hi itisme, the Ultra vital is designed for 30+. i am 32 already so i do think that should be a problem.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
just have a quick update here, now i am totally in love with cellcosmet ultra vital, it makes my skin glow!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
don't overdo it and don't forget to give it three months
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |