Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
HA Over or Under moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Long time lurker, but its my first post...hello! *wave*

I decided to get some HA serum and was just curious about which way is best. I have heard both. Thanks.
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've always heard to put it on first. I actually sometimes mix it "with" the moisturizer and it works great that way, too.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
For me, under normal moisturizer... however if I'm using an oil like emu or squalane, I put it on both before and after the oil. And as anixia mentioned, you can also mix it with a moisturizer (especially if you find your moisturizer a bit thick and/or heavy, mixing in HA serum w/each use is really nice).
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Under. I use it under my squalane, it seems like the squalane soaks in faster.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
No doubt about it. Under your moisturizer. It will make your moisturizer far more effective.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use it over everything!
I actually used it today... Ispent all day in the library today and my skin still looks dewy and fresh. I thought, since it is a humectant, that it seals in moisture, binds it and keeps it there. I used up an entire bottle of SC Hydrating B5 gel, with no results until I changed the order of my application... Someone please explain! Katee--you seem to be far more of a regular and expert here than most--tell us why?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I mix it with my moisturizer in the winter, and sometimes use it alone on slightly damp skin in the summer.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I mix it with Emu Oil combo, it makes it absorb faster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I think you can do both, but to be most effective you probably want to layer them so that the lightest textured product is closest to the skin.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Fifi, serums and gels should be applied before lotions and creams. I use SkinCeuticals B5 Gel after my Vit. C Serum and before my SPF 30 Sunblock.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I would use it under. I wouldn't want it to clump everything else.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I don't always use my HA ( I have CellexC's version)..I used to use it on top of the Cellex C VC but since I'm not using VC right now I use it only when my skin is stressed, if I haven't slept much or if I'm flying alot - and when i do use it, I rub it in my hands and then press it onto my final moisturizer. I think it is really effective with regular moisturizer and when used that way doubles up nicely as a flight cream. I guess to properly answer your question I have to say that when I was using it regularly in my regime, I'd sandwich it on top of Cellex C (as instructed) and underneath everything else.
Pudoodles
Grace_K
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I use my HA over the moisturizer.So the HA can conserve the hydration. Embarassed
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:43 am      Reply with quote
I actually prefer to mix my HA into my moistuiser, I have tried apply prior but I dont like the feel.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I think HA can only be used under moisturizer, otherwise it will dry out your skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |