Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I'm new hear - my skin irritates me...... ACNE!! argghh!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LisaJP

Mon May 17, 2004 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi My name Is Lisa,
I am 15 and I am a country girl who lives in central queensland. I love all this girly facial stuff. I haven't had much time to look over this site but am willing to listen to anyone's advice. You're probably sick of telling everyone advice because theres so much stuff on here.Anyway I'll get to it.
I've had acne for 2 years and already it irritates me. I have used : neutrogena, Guarnia, some basic products that I can't remember there names of... but anyway , they don't help! I was going to buy Acne free in 3 days but I'm glad I didn't because it doesn't sound too good as you have discussed.
At the moment i'm just using plain soap because I'm sick of wasting all my money on things that don't work. Could anyone please help me out on a routine that I could go by for each day. My skin isn't very oily and it isn't very dry Confused and it has got a fair amount of pimples on it with many blackheads. I have also got a couple of scars on my face from pimples which I dislike very much. I would like it very much if you had any advice or comments.. Thanks
God Bless.
Lisa[/b]
margarita
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2004 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Wink dear Lisa
i will try to help as match as my experience with acne problems,
first please excuse me for my English but i am from an Eastern European country and this is my third language

If your skin is sensitive and dehydrated and you will try to dry it more it will be more and more sensitive to everything Sad
That's why you should firs stop these pimples but be gentle to your skin
. there is two way to help yourself Very Happy
1. you can ask doctor if you can take an 'Aqten' anti acne medication if the infection is in the blood
2 .or start with a good skin program something like for example.

morning]
1.cleansing " The bar" from Dermalogica = rinse well .This product is very gentle cleanser in bar form good for sensitive skin too and it is easy to use it is like a pressed cleansing milk"
2."facial lotion" from MD formulation= apply wit cotton only on the pimples contains glycolic acid and it will help with exfoliation
3. two times a week "anti bac cooling mask" from Dermalogica= rinse well after 15 min
4 Lotion for normal to oily skin from Yonka."
5. "Acne gel" from Phytomer as a day moisturizer over the entire face

evening
1. same" cleansing bar "from Dermalogica= rinse well
2. From Yonka" tonic lotion for normal to oily skin "=all over the face apply with cotton pad
3." Corrigel "from Phytomer pimples and black heads
All these products are good to be used together each other even that they are from different manufacture
after about tree to four months you can start thinking about reducing the scars.

good luck Razz

Margarita
Mabsy

Tue May 18, 2004 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I second the recommendation for the MD Formulations or Dermalogica products. I think it would be good for you to get some products with glycolic and salicylic acid into your routine. It will exfoliate your skin and should reduce the amount of acne you get and blackheads too. I say "should" because in general that's what glycolic/salicylic acid products do. However I have read on here experiences of other people who have tried everything and nothing has worked. So I guess it is an individual thing. However, if I were in your shoes, my plan of attack would be start with Glycolic products.

So, if you are interested, have a look at stuff like the MDF cleanser (with glycolic acid in it), the facial lotion and maybe a clearing complex mask? MDF products are not really "pretty" or "luxurious" in that their packaging is simple and the stuff isn't fragranced - but they are effective.

Welcome to the forum fellow Queenslander Wink

Mabsy
LisaJP

Thu May 20, 2004 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I thank You very much for your advice Smile
Would you be able to tell me where I can get these Formulations/products from and How much would they roughly be? Can I get them at a chemist or on the shelves of a chemist somewhere, or do I have to order them from overseas? I'm sorry, but I have never heard of them before.
Thanks a lot!
From Lisa Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri May 21, 2004 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Lisa,

Of those mentioned (MD Formulations, Dermalogica, YonKa and Phytomer) you can get the first two in Australia (beauty salons). However MD Formulations prices in Australia are just obscene Not talking

YonKa and Phytomer are fairly difficult to find in Australia (haven't seen either in QLD shops/salons - though it doesn't mean that they're not there). All of those products are available on EDS though (i.e. http://www.essentialdayspa.com ) and that's where I tend to get mine from (with the exception of the odd Dermalogica product if it calls out to me while I'm out shopping on a Thursday night Laughing ).

Mabsy
LisaJP

Sun May 23, 2004 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Thank you so much for your advice, it's been a great help, although the MDformulations are a bit dear for me. Could you please let me know how to get rid of my acne scars aswell?

Thanks heaps!,
Lisa
Mabsy

Tue May 25, 2004 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa,

No worries. I haven't had a look at many other products with glycolic acid in them, but I'm sure you will be able to find brands apart from MDF. Just make sure that they have a decent amount of glycolic acid in them.

In terms of fading acne scars, I would still say that products with Glycolic Acid would be suitable, Dermalogica Microfoliant might also be a good option, as well as vitamin C serums.

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |