Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Decleor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished using the samples sent by EDS of Decleor. It seemed to really leave my face soft but I had two break outs during the month I used the products. Has anyone else found these products to be too heavy for them? Or was I using too much?
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
If you tried the balms or oils you need only a small amount. When the balm is warmed on your hands its goes a long way and only 2 or 3 drops of oil as the first time I tried these I too had breakouts as I was using too much. I have sensitive cheeks but my forehead and chin is combination
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You for your answer. I thought is might be using too much. It does seem to go a long way. I have not decided if I will stop using Obagi and switch to something else, but I might.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've had problems with some of Decleor's products - the worst offender for me was one of the night oils...funnily enough I can't remember the name of it - it was that really popular one....anyways, I broke out in itchy hives..it really scared me away from the line..I must say though, that their firming eye serum (in the pump bottle) is just fantastic - the only "reaction" I got from that product was great!
Pudoodles
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Really???
I'm just thinkging about switching from Chanel to Decleor Whitening. I'm 25, combination/oily. Really hate break outs!!!
Any suggestion? Or maybe some other brands?
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Obagi is worth a try. It helps to normalize skin. It takes time but the results are great.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
terrific wrote:
I just finished using the samples sent by EDS of Decleor. It seemed to really leave my face soft but I had two break outs during the month I used the products. Has anyone else found these products to be too heavy for them? Or was I using too much?

Have you had any more breakouts? I use the Ylang Ylang oil every day mixed in with another serum. I still have some hormonal breakouts but on the whole I love the results from the Decleor products I can use.

I have the Rose d'orient oil and balm
Ylang Ylang oil and balm
Iris oil (purchased for a friend who loves it)
Angelique oil and balm (again purchased for a friend who loves it)

I also slipped in an eye cream, full face cream, and samples of Decleor for another friend who is too busy to shop for herself.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love Decleor balm and hand cream Smile
missykiehls
5% products discount

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:
Really???
I'm just thinkging about switching from Chanel to Decleor Whitening. I'm 25, combination/oily. Really hate break outs!!!

Hi,
Try the Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence. It works wonder for our skin type, just not too much of the night balm though.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:51 am      Reply with quote
missykiehls wrote:
jacque wrote:
Really???

Hi,
Try the Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence. It works wonder for our skin type, just not too much of the night balm though.

Smile Thank you for your kind suggestion. But is Ylang Ylang Aromessence enough for the night care? Do I need some cream or lotion after?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:55 am      Reply with quote
If you use the balm, it should be enough on it's own at night.
missykiehls
5% products discount

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:

Smile Thank you for your kind suggestion. But is Ylang Ylang Aromessence enough for the night care? Do I need some cream or lotion after?

Jacque - you can try the Ylang Ylang night balm, it's specially formulated for night use. Use sparingly though and as suggested by fifi. Smile
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
missykiehls and fifi, Razz, you are so nice! I'll definitely try. Thank you so much!
Happy new year!!!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I got breakouts when first using the balm/oil also. Sometimes though, your skin is just purging out the rubbish and you need to stick with it as your skin then gets better. Over time I found the balm/oil to be great at getting rid of old blemish marks.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
By the way, don't apply too much. First time I used it, I applied the whole 5ml bottle of oil at once!!? Well I didn't know! My face was an oil slick........ but certainly well lubricated that night! Wink

Just 3 little drops on your fingertips is all you need.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I did that same thing. I used way too much the first week. No wonder I broke out. Embarassed
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I am trying to have my signature come up on all my postings. I think I have it right now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,quite new to this so hope it works.
I use most Decleor products and have a Decleor Evidence facial one a month.My skin is the best it has ever been.
I use the Iris Balm at night on its own and only the smallest amount sssshould cover your face and neck.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Maureenall wrote:
Hi there,quite new to this so hope it works.
I use most Decleor products and have a Decleor Evidence facial one a month.My skin is the best it has ever been.
I use the Iris Balm at night on its own and only the smallest amount sssshould cover your face and neck.

Hi Maureenall - the only Decleor product I can use is the Firming Eye Serum (I broke out in hives when I tried the neroli oil!)...I have a $25 gift certificate for any Decleor spa or spa that administers Decleor services/products - if you are in Canada, PM me, and I'll mail it to you - I certainly won't be using it!
Pudoodles
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi pudoodles, thank you for your offer but I am in the UK.
Sorry that Decleor does not suit your skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |