Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
another europe question :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
hi everybody Smile

I thought I'd ask you experts out there--is there a kind of peel (like PSF's pumpkin or Juice's) that I can buy here in France that is marvelous? Before I spend $$$ on overseas shipping from the US, I just would like to know if anyone has found something really great... They just don;t seem to treat their skin the same way we do in the states...

Thank you!!!!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
i haven't found anything, but i haven't really been looking. (wait, there is a product by ROC that's not bad, just no where near as nice as PSF or Juice.) If you order PSF from EDS, the shipping is very reasonable (or free if you order over a certain amount) and you get a ton of samples. there are some things that are absolutely wonderful and inexpensive over here. there are other things, i just depend on EDS for. the shipments always get here really fast and, knock on wood, i've never had a problem with customs.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
you are so right, la vie en rose, I should just go for the apple peel! I've used up two pots of pumpkin, and i like the sensitive apple peel for everyday, so maybe i will try it out. pourquoi pas? I need to get this scaly looking skin, which i think was precipitated by the parisian water, off my complexion!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, i live in Europe and still order almost everything via EDS. Strangely, even the products made in Europe are cheaper via EDS than from the retailers here – and with my discount, plus no shipping costs over CAD 200,- I’m a very happy camper. Although I’m obviously not as lucky with samples as Lavie (she mentioned “tons of samples” above), with my last order I didn’t get ANY samples, unfortunately.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Although I’m obviously not as lucky with samples as Lavie (she mentioned “tons of samples” above), with my last order I didn’t get ANY samples, unfortunately.

It's a funny thing with the samples Lin. I've never had decent samples before and certainly nothing in line with my requests and suddenly yesterday I had a bumper crop. I don't want to make you jealous but the samples + freebie completely outweighed the products I bought. I got what I'd requested which was Remergent plus IS Super Serum, Two Dr H's, A whole sample set of Cellcosmet and a couple of other things I can't even remember - Amazing! I don't know if I triggered some kind of panic button at EDS by ordering a Cellcosmet cream cleanser or if it's the new VIP status.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks you guys,

I just ordered the JB peel and some HA serum (running out of SC!) and requested some valmont samples, will let you know how it goes!
And to lin, I've received generous samples in the past, and EDS should know how sampling really helps sales--make sure to mention it to them next time!

--avalange

lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
lin23 wrote:
Although I’m obviously not as lucky with samples as Lavie (she mentioned “tons of samples” above), with my last order I didn’t get ANY samples, unfortunately.

It's a funny thing with the samples Lin. I've never had decent samples before and certainly nothing in line with my requests and suddenly yesterday I had a bumper crop. I don't want to make you jealous but the samples + freebie completely outweighed the products I bought. I got what I'd requested which was Remergent plus IS Super Serum, Two Dr H's, A whole sample set of Cellcosmet and a couple of other things I can't even remember - Amazing! I don't know if I triggered some kind of panic button at EDS by ordering a Cellcosmet cream cleanser or if it's the new VIP status.

Oh Molly, lucky you - have fun with your samples ! I can remember getting nice samples with my very first EDS order (when i didn't even expect it). Then i though it has something to do with the value of your order - but that cannot be either, because my last order was quite an expensive one, also took EDS 10 days to post it - and still, i didn't deserve any samples. But probably, it just depends on the generosity of the very person who packs your parcel.
Anyway, i ordered just 1 Cellcosmet product from a European provider and got 7 Valmont samples, that made my day.
Molly, please let me know what you think about the Remergent you got (which product is it ?), and once again, have great fun with your goodies.
rgds,
lin
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Annoying EDS day for me~~
I just received my recent EDS order, and I receive the wrong product! (sensitive instead of full strength JB apple peel).

I not only received only two tiny samples (one of something I already bought last time from EDS--don't they keep a record of this?--and a sample of something else I will never use, which is not their fault), I also received a sampler-info card with NO ATTACHED SAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Mad
And I asked for particular samples.
Maybe next time! sighing here.

Also, the system won't let me PM carekate for some reason, the messages just stay in my outbox and do not get sent. What's the deal?

In EDS's defense, it does say on my invoice that I ordered the sensitive strength. But I swear I checked it TWICE before I went through the virtual check out! I'm in Paris and I precisely did not want this to happen. Must be losing it, somehow! It's a wonder how I'll ever write a cogent dissertation at this point~

--avalange

Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Also, the system won't let me PM carekate for some reason, the messages just stay in my outbox and do not get sent. What's the deal?

I think it may be that Carekate's inbox is full. She only has limited access and a lot of PMs.

Sorry to hear about your woes. It is difficult when you move to a different continent vis a vis supplies.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
you are so right, la vie en rose, I should just go for the apple peel! I've used up two pots of pumpkin, and i like the sensitive apple peel for everyday, so maybe i will try it out. pourquoi pas? I need to get this scaly looking skin, which i think was precipitated by the parisian water, off my complexion!

--avalange
WAIT!!!!!!!! Before you splurge, I can send you a sample of the JB Green Apple Peel, as well as a sample of my homemade Pumpkin Peel (I don't think I have any of the real PSF Pumpkin Peel left, but I'll check) when I send those two DIY items that you requested. I'll be PMing you shortly to work out the details.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, I don't think I've ever received any of the particular samples I've asked for either (although I've had some nice unexpected ones) - I'm pretty sure it just depends on what they happen to have in stock at the time they fill your order, I'm sure they would include them if available. Someone posted on another thread that you can ask EDS to hold your order until particular samples are available, so that might be an option for you if you can wait - I know I'm far too impatient though Laughing .
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange
WAIT!!!!!!!! Before you splurge, I can send you a sample of the JB Green Apple Peel, as well as a sample of my homemade Pumpkin Peel (I don't think I have any of the real PSF Pumpkin Peel left, but I'll check) when I send those two DIY items that you requested. I'll be PMing you shortly to work out the details.

ugh, already done. but, yay carekate, I could always use more peely-things; I patiently await your offers and reccommendations...

until then,

yrs,
avalange

gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Avalange, i live in Europe and still order almost everything via EDS. Strangely, even the products made in Europe are cheaper via EDS than from the retailers here – and with my discount, plus no shipping costs over CAD 200,- I’m a very happy camper. Although I’m obviously not as lucky with samples as Lavie (she mentioned “tons of samples” above), with my last order I didn’t get ANY samples, unfortunately.

Really? from my experience when i was shopping in Paris, I did find Caudalie, Avene and Dr. H are a lot cheaper there. even with EDS discount.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
avalange if you think you ordered the full strength one just check your previous orders. If EDS have sent the wrong item, let them know, they're very good, I'm sure you could swap it.

As to samples on the odd occassion that I have requested samples, I've found that if they have them, they will send them.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
avalange if you think you ordered the full strength one just check your previous orders. If EDS have sent the wrong item, let them know, they're very good, I'm sure you could swap it.

As to samples on the odd occassion that I have requested samples, I've found that if they have them, they will send them.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

sarahb,

nope, I checked, it said sensitive on my invoice... Like I said, apparently I was suffering from some major pre-holiday delusions. EDS is doing the exchange for me, though, and they got right back to me immediately, so everything is fine. Thanks for your concern!

Best,
avalange

lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
Really? from my experience when i was shopping in Paris, I did find Caudalie, Avene and Dr. H are a lot cheaper there. even with EDS discount.

Grace, Caudalie or Decleor are rather cheap(ish) products in France, the same Dr.H or Gehwohl in Germany. But i don't use these, unfortunately.
Then again, Cellcosmet or Valmont - which i use occasionally - are definitely cheaper via EDS. I.e. applying my discount i'd pay for Valmont's AWFII more than EUR 40,- (approx. US$ 50,-) less via EDS than in Europe - which is quite a difference.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

Grace, Caudalie or Decleor are rather cheap(ish) products in France, the same Dr.H or Gehwohl in Germany. But i don't use these, unfortunately.
Then again, Cellcosmet or Valmont - which i use occasionally - are definitely cheaper via EDS. I.e. applying my discount i'd pay for Valmont's AWFII more than EUR 40,- (approx. US$ 50,-) less via EDS than in Europe - which is quite a difference.

that I totally agree with you, I guess you have to buy it from the country of origin. in cellcosmet and valmont's cases. it will be cheaper to buy them in switzerland.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |