Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your Plans for New Year's Eve
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
What are all you gorgeous partygals/guys doing for New Year's Eve? Where are you going? What are you wearing? Do you look forward to it? Are you one to invest in New Year's Eve events? Perhaps you don't give a crap about it and think that the whole New Year's Eve stint is a snore/waste of money...I'll be at home because of a back injury.. so no hijinks for me....what will you be up to?
Pudoodles
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
There's a split between the group and it's sad nothing's set in stone yet. Half the group wants to attend the Hilton on Michigan Ave, some of us wants to stay a bit more local and don't want to spend $500 for a night we will barely remember. Others want to attend the Bears game so....it'll be one of those events.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure. I was going to spend it with my b/f, but I'm not talking to him at this moment. Rolling Eyes He can be such a jerk! Sorry, just venting. I'm hoping to be able to go to a New Year's party instead.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
We normally end up having a party at my house because I begrudge paying a fortune for a taxi out & back. I hate fighting my way to the bar & paying a fortune for drinks. So even though its my birthday basically I am a tightwad. Although I do spend a fortune on booze & food for the party.
Whatever everyone does I wish you all a happy new year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm a bit of a scrooge about New Year's events - given the option I much prefer to go to bed before midnight and wake the next morning as usual. Although I do like watching the fireworks!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
As I'm getting older, I find it to be very over-rated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Stay home and have a peaceful New Year Eve.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
We usually hang out at home, rent some movies, order in, have some drinks, stay up until 12:01 and then get to bed! Not very exciting I know. Very Happy
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I work at a strip hotel in Las Vegas. So, I always have to work on New Year's Eve. I usually get off work around midnight so I try to get to my car as fast as I can and beat the crowd that leaves after the fireworks. I watch the fireworks from my rear view mirror. Dealing with drunk tourists on New Year's Eve is just not what I like to do when I get off work. This year I'm getting off of work at 10:30 so I'll have enough time to make it home and watch the fireworks with my fiance.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Going to my mom for a quite family celebration.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
OK - I'm gonna die if I don't ask. You're a stripper Misha? If I read that wrong, just slap me now...... lol
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to the Rose Parade in Pasadena! Yes, I know that's a New Year's DAY event, but we're going to go to dinner at a Greek or Persian restaurant on NYE, then drive up to Pasadena and battle the crowds to get a decent seat for the parade. This ought to be interesting, because we don't have tickets, so we're just going to see what happens. Its going to be my best friend, her father and aunt, her cousin and me!

I'm a native Californian and I've NEVER been to the Rose Parade! I figured I better go because everyone I know has been (my parents have gone many times) and I'm in danger of having my native status stripped!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
OK - I'm gonna die if I don't ask. You're a stripper Misha? If I read that wrong, just slap me now...... lol

Katee! I think she meant that she works in a hotel on the Las Vegas strip (the main drag in LV where all the big/well-known hotels are located). But I like that you went ahead and asked the question! Very Happy
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
katee wrote:

Katee! I think she meant that she works in a hotel on the Las Vegas strip (the main drag in LV where all the big/well-known hotels are located). But I like that you went ahead and asked the question! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
katee wrote:

LOL, that's how I interpreted it as. Plus if she was a stripper she would start work at 10 Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:
katee wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wish I had the body of a stripper! Laughing Mermaidgirl got it right...I'm on the crew of one of the production shows. They move our show times earlier for this one day. A few years ago they didn't and the show got over at a little after midnight. Of course, the entire audience left before it was over so they could catch the fireworks at midnight!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
There's a split between the group and it's sad nothing's set in stone yet. Half the group wants to attend the Hilton on Michigan Ave, some of us wants to stay a bit more local and don't want to spend $500 for a night we will barely remember. Others want to attend the Bears game so....it'll be one of those events.

This is the problem we encounter every year. My bf and I are all about going to a nice party at a bar/club and being in the social scene. Our other friends have a party at their house, but it's all couples and so lame and boring to me. I mean, an hour or so is ok, but I need some action, especially for New Years!

Misha - I'm dying to know which show. Can you share? We just saw KA and it was the best show I've ever seen!
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Being Russian, the New Year is like Christmas. We exchange gifts, have huge dinners and all that fun stuff... And then we go out and party with friends counting down the old year and ringing in the new. It is actually one of my favorite holidays. I know that the thing to say to Americans is Merry Christmas/ Happy holidays. Well, for Russians we say " s, novim godaam!" meaning happy New Year (not even caring if its in a week or two btw Laughing ). But this year, Colorado has seemed to turn on me....the snow is piling on once again and we are expecting another 18 inches by tomorrow. And I don't think it will melt enough to leave the house by December 31st. So, we will see what I will be up to this year. Hopefully I can get out! Or else I'll be pretty sad and left to celebrate the new year in the actual new year after the snow melts. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Misha, My best childhood friend is in Jubilee & his partner is in Cirque de Soliel. Any chance you work in one of those?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
We are having an uneventful NYE. Dinner with my immediate family at a restaurant then coming home to relax and watch videos. I find that the quality of service and food is not worth the price or hassle on NYE.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
i'm going out to a club with my girlfriends, hopefully getting really drunk haha
I'm newly single so not going to have a midnight kiss this year Sad
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
i'm going out to a club with my girlfriends, hopefully getting really drunk haha
I'm newly single so not going to have a midnight kiss this year Sad

You never know...your newly single status might inspire an unexpected midnight peck!! Wink
Pudoodles
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Nothin'! Hubby and I will be relaxing at home with our puggy...I'll be 8 months pregnant by then, and I don't think I'd enjoy giong out and NOT drinking Wink
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
Nothin'! Hubby and I will be relaxing at home with our puggy...I'll be 8 months pregnant by then, and I don't think I'd enjoy giong out and NOT drinking Wink

Aww.. I love pugs, saw the cutest little puppy at the dog park the other day, she was absolutely adorable! Do you know what you're having? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm visiting my family in Edmonton for New Years. We're going to have dinner at my parents' and then spend the evening with my brothers, sister, their spouses and children. I am really looking forward to it. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |