Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
suggestions on cheap night time and daytime moisturizers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like some suggestions on inexpensive daytime and nighttime moisturizers/anti-wrinkle creams.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I can't do that for you. I was going to type Decleor because the product really last but it is still expensive.

I think you will find most of us agree with some skincare lines that cost a lot is worth it.
But I should tell you that Moisteral is this face and body lotion that is reasonable and lets say you got a prescription for your skin...the pharmacy would mix the medication with Moisteral.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Decent and inexpensive would be Antioxidant Moisturizer by LB Processors - clean formula with Emu Oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I purchase Moisteral?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Salli - it depends on what you consider inexpensive Laughing You're in the land where people can spend $160 on an eyelash growth serum without wincing! How much are you willing to spend for day and night treatments? What are you currently using and how does your skin behave? I think there are many reasonably-priced lines out there - it just depends on what you need. Tell us more about your needs and the amount you'd like to spend and I'm sure you'll get a mountain of great feedback Very Happy
Pudoodles
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to purchase something like squalane, emu oil or jojoba oil.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Salli

If you're 53, you need more than just a moisturizer. Check out Candy's site. I think you absolutely should consider starting on a simple Vitamin C serum under your moisturizer and her's are very reasonably priced.

Also, if you aren't using a sunscreen, I think it is probably the most important "anti-aging" thing out there. If money is an issue, get a combo moisturizer/sunscreen to use over the vitamin C.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Where can I purchase Moisteral?

At the drugstore, usually on the bottom shelf or behind the pharmacy counter. It is about $7.00 at WalMart.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
My days of spending $160 for eyelash serum are not part of the program at this point in time. Sooo, I need to find the best bang for the buck - even to the point of drugstore items that work and DIY recipes that are terrific. Has anyone had any luck with matryxil products? I do have a cream that has that in it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
My days of spending $160 for eyelash serum are not part of the program at this point in time. Sooo, I need to find the best bang for the buck - even to the point of drugstore items that work and DIY recipes that are terrific. Has anyone had any luck with matryxil products? I do have a cream that has that in it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Salli, I have been using the cleanser and night treatment by Orjene Organics, which I bought from Vitacost.com. It's around $10. I believe that it helped my skin to look better, but I don't really use anything else right now. I am considering trying PSF eye products or skinbiology.com products. I feel that I do need something for my eyes as I don't think the Orjene Organics stuff was for the eye area.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I forgot to let you know that I am 38, and I think my skin is dry. I don't have problem with acne and such but recently (past few months) I started to get one pimple around period time. Quite annoying! I now understand how people feel when they get pimples. ugggggghhhhh
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I do not think you need to spend a lot of money to get good skincare. I have had great results with the following:

Cetephil (Daytime w/spf and Night w/o spf)
Olay Regerist
Jojoba Oil
Weleda Iris
Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish
Neutrogena Healthy Skin

These are all drugstore brands...I'm not sure how much is too much. I have also had great results with Origins Perfect World, Estee Lauder Day Wear and L'Occitane Olive Radiance.

I know many people that have used expensive brands and then found "cheaper" brands that are just as effective.
Oh...I have winter dry skin that is very breakout prone.

Good luck.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
what about Nuxe? My friend,around 40, is using Nuxe Aroma-Vaillance Anti Wrinkle Cream. Nice one and the price is quite reasonable in Europe. Not sure about North America.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've posted this before , but I love Lipomoist. Not a beautiful name, I know.
It was developed by a Miami dermatologist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:

Me neither Embarassed ...re: the matrixyl (sp?) - the only one I've ever tried was from Aloette and I don't know what the ingredient base was but it really burned my skin!! I know that alot of people will probably shreik, but I've heard some pretty good things about Olay Regenerist....Vichy is another drugstore line that isn't bad either...There is another one out there (I actually bought it at a Loblaws superstore) called Nutrius (it is currently showcased on the Canadian Shopping Channel). It was 39.95 for a whopping four ounces and felt and reacted very similarly to Strivectin SD (imho). You can use it all over (and around the eye area)...I was really surprised by how well it went on, and how well it responded to make-up application...ROC is another good line - A little pricier but they DO have some awesome creams!
Pudoodles
paleface
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to check out the Earth Science line (found at Whole Foods and health food stores). They offer a number of reasonably priced moisturizers (as well as cleansers/toners) with high quality ingredients.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Or actually use jojoba oil (or Emu) with some HA. Will probably do more for the skin then most creams will.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using OoO right now..Sensitive Day with SPF and anti-aging intensive at night. I must say that for its price, I'm SURPRISED at how well it has worked and how well my skin has responded.

I normally have sensitive skin (bouts of adult acne ocassionally and rosacea).

I like it *for now* but don't know if I will repurchase considering how much I like trying new stuff Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I forgot to mention this before. You should definitely check out Dr. Leslie Baumann's book on Skin Typing, etc. Once you identify your particular skin type, she recommends a skincare routine depending on what you're willing to spend. Many of her recommendations can be picked up for a few dollars at any drugstore or pharmacy. Plus, most libraries have the book. Definitely worth a look.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think emu oil or jojoba oil is good .
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Since I'm unfortunately in CHEAP mode here. Can anyone make any recommendations of what I might order from PF and mix with what in order to get "state of the art" and ultimately inexpensive at the same time? I have ordered from them before. My skin type is now dry, I do not breakout, I have a very light olive complexion and since my skin has become dry (my dr took me off of HRT) my skin is a little sensitive. I don't mind being 53 - I just mind starting to look like it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:
what about Nuxe? My friend,around 40, is using Nuxe Aroma-Vaillance Anti Wrinkle Cream. Nice one and the price is quite reasonable in Europe. Not sure about North America.

Its over $20.00 here in Canada
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I checked here in the U.S. and it's almost $50

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Emu oil
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |