Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
A Late Christmas Gift from Neptune! Pilot Whales!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
We always have our VHF radios on because a lot of our friends use them here instead of cell phones. I heard somebody announcing to anybody that was listening that they could see a bunch of dive boats and a sailboat following some Whale Sharks. We jumped in our panga and headed out to check it out. What we found was a big pod of Pilot Whales. Tim and I took turns jumping in to snorkel with them. They were amazing, like HUGE dolphins but with a rounded melon head like a beluga. I was only nervous once when I was with a Mom and Baby, the Mom sounded and Baby didn't follow her, it stayed up to have a closer look at me. I was praying that Mom didn't think I was a danger to her calf! We were in deep blue water so when she sounded I couldn't see her at all, there were just a few bubbles coming up to the surface. The baby started chattering at me and pinging me with sonar. I was clapping my hands and mimicking the noises through my snorkel. It was MAGICAL!!! Here are the photos:

Me with the Mom and Baby:

Part of the pod:

Tim with two big ones:

The rest of the photos:
http://freefall2.smugmug.com/gallery/2286178/1/119470584

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
That's amazing, I've always wanted to swim with killer whales or something of that nature. Did you say those were whale sharks? They so don't look like it to me though Confused

Edit:Nevermind, re-read your post and you said they were Pilot Whales...silly me Very Happy They're beautiful/amazing creatures.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow how fantastic.

Talking of Whales, did anyone in the UK watch that programme about the Whale that swam to London? It was heart breaking to learn that it didn't stand a chance because of what we're doing to the planet. It was lost, disorientated, hungry, polluted, deafened, starved and then crushed. A real shocker!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Wow how fantastic.

Talking of Whales, did anyone in the UK watch that programme about the Whale that swam to London? It was heart breaking to learn that it didn't stand a chance because of what we're doing to the planet. It was lost, disorientated, hungry, polluted, deafened, starved and then crushed. A real shocker!

So sad, just read an article today about Polar Bears being endangered due to global warming and other issues. I'm not part of PETA or that extreme, but I have such love for animals it breaks my heart to see them slowly die off or hurt in any way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Freefall - those pics are phenomenal! The closest I got to whales was when I was in Quebec (on the St. Lawrence)...I was in one of those zodiac boats - one of the babies surfaced very close to the little zodiac I was in and I was just awestruck! I thought I would be afraid but there is just something about them that made me want to jump in the water....Just SEEING the whales was amazing...I can't even imagine what a thrill it must have been for you to be in the water with them!! AMAZING!!!!!
Pudoodles
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing experience and photos!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Freefall,

fantastic pictures. You have the most exciting life. Is there anything you haven't done Question

Can you see how green with envy I am.

love the photos

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
How lovely! I used to love those occasional random encounters when I lived in the islands - they seem so much more "real" than seeing the same animals at Sea World or similar (fun though that can be!).
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! That looks amazing.

Where is this??
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
Wow! That looks amazing.

Where is this??

Roatan, one of the Bay Islands off the north coast of Honduras. The island is surrounded by reef and then deep water so we do get some cool critters. Last year it was a pod of Orcas! I chickened out on getting in with them because they were eating what looked like a big chunk of dolphin or shark.

loopylori wrote:
Hi Freefall,
fantastic pictures. You have the most exciting life. Is there anything you haven't done?
Can you see how green with envy I am.
love the photos

Thank you! Yes - I still don't have my pilot's licence! Actually there is a long list of stuff yet to do!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
freefall, What an interesting life you have! Thanks for sharing those incredible pictures & your amazing experiences!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:37 am      Reply with quote
They are amazing photos and you should treasure them. I think all sea creatures are wonderful. I used to do a lot of scuba diving and the sea life on the Great Barrier Reef was incredible, particular out at the shelf, never saw Pilot Whales but have dived with Whale Sharks which are the most enormous gentle creatures.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
They are amazing photos and you should treasure them. I think all sea creatures are wonderful. I used to do a lot of scuba diving and the sea life on the Great Barrier Reef was incredible, particular out at the shelf, never saw Pilot Whales but have dived with Whale Sharks which are the most enormous gentle creatures.

I'm dying to get in with Whale Sharks, that's why when I heard somebody call a sighting on the radio we scrambled into the little boat. Whoever was looking out with binoculars must have assumed they were Whale Sharks because that's what we're famous for in the Bay Islands, even though I've been here nearly 3 years and haven't seen any yet! I think we're going to have to charter the float plane to take us over to Utila so we can find some.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Whale sharks are the most amazing animals to see up close - so huge that you feel positively tiny if you're in the water next to one - even a baby!! We used to see them from time to time in the BVI and it was a real treat Very Happy .
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Cool photos.

I'm from Hawai'i so we have Pilot Whales at the local Sea Life Park ... including a pilot whale x bottlenose dolphin hybrid. Years ago no one thought these two could breed and it was a surprise!

Looking at your photos their fins seem similar to killer whales, i.e., the curved dorsal fins are females and the straight fin is a male.

I met someone who swam with humpbacks in Costa Rica earlier this year. It was funny because a baby approached them and then mom swam off a bit. It was like she wanted them to "baby-sit". It happened again the next day with the mom actually COMING TO THEIR BOAT and leaving the baby for a few hours.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
WOW! Your pics are awsome! What a great experience. I've been to the Caribbean a few times and snorkled with giant sea turtles, dolphins and giant stingrays, but never whales. You're sooooo lucky. Beautiful animals! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
The dive shop near us just posted the underwater shots they got.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Now I really, really want to get an underwater housing for my camera!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Wow freefall2, I'm so enjoying your photos esp the underwater ones. How exciting to be a part of nature this way. I'm afraid, I am afraid of deep water and don't know how to swim, so I may never actually experience something like up close and personal. Thanks for sharing.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
That is so cool! What an amazing experience! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |