Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How can I find a Physical sunscreen, with all natural ingred
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am wanting a physical sunscreen with all natural ingredients that does not look like it leaves a sheen , or is mattifying, but not too drying.

I've been using "UV Natural" brand of sunscreen, it's real oily, which is fine for my arms since they are dry, but I am wanting something for the face/neck that is mattifying but that doesn't leave a white cast, all natural , and isn't too drying.

I don't know much about sunscreens, really.

I hate using powder on my face, also.
paleface
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
You might like Dr. Hauschka's sunscreens--there's an SPF 20 cream and one for children (SPF 22). The active ingredient is titanium dioxide, a physical sunscreen. I can't vouch for the finish (it will vary depending on skin type).

SPF 20 ingredients: Water (Aqua), Jojoba (Buxus chinensis) Oil, Alcohol, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Tricaprylin, Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Quince (Pyrus cydonia) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Mesembryanthemum Crystallium Extract, Polyglycerol-3 Polycrinoleate, Lecithin, Avocado (Persea gratissima) Extract, Sucrose Distearate, Betaine, Oryanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearyl Beeswax, Bethenyl Beeswax, Fragrance (from natural essential oils), Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Limonene*, Citronellol*, Benzl Benzoate*, Farnesol*, Hydrated Silica, Esculin, Propolis (Propolis Cera) *components of natural essential oils

SPF 22 ingredients: Water (Aqua), Rose (Rosa canina) Hip Extract, Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Alcohol, Jojoba (Buxus chinensis) Oil, Quince (Pyrus cydonia) Seed Extract, Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) Bark Extract, Sweet Almond (Prunus dulcis) Oil, Sucrose Distearate, Seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) Extract, Rose (Rosa gallica) Petal Extract, Lecithin, Rose (Rosa canina) Seed Oil, Avocado (Persea gratissima) Extract, Candelilla (Candelilla Cera), Oryzanol, Fragrance (essential oil), Xanthan Gum, Esculin, Propolis (Propolis Cera)
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique cityblock is a physical sunscreen, it is available in SPF 15, 25 and 40.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
This has been a concern of mine, too. I am going to look into COTZ (Contains Only Titanium & Zinc) SPF58, which I never heard of until reading about it here at EDS!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the sunblock from Zenbiotic--- the ingredients look great, but I haven't tested it yet so I can't tell you any more than that yet. You can buy it for $12.95 atwww.zenbiotic.com, and the ingredients are:
Organic fresh inner leaf and gel of Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, zinc, calcium, magnesium, antioxidants, wheat amino acids, vitamins C, A, B, other minerals and vitamins.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Manslayer,

Let us know how you like that sunscreen. Very Happy
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe Alba Botanica. I know some physical sunscreens but I cannot guarantee that they are all natural. I think Alba products are all derived from plants.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I just got the sunblock from Zenbiotic--- the ingredients look great, but I haven't tested it yet so I can't tell you any more than that yet. You can buy it for $12.95 atwww.zenbiotic.com, and the ingredients are:
Organic fresh inner leaf and gel of Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, zinc, calcium, magnesium, antioxidants, wheat amino acids, vitamins C, A, B, other minerals and vitamins.

That sounds like a great sunscreen. I am looking forward to your review. Smile
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Thought I'd share my experiences:
Dr Hauschka; a must for beach holidays as it really blocks out all the r days and I did not tan in two weeks. Far to white and heavy for every day use unfortunately.
Barefoot Botanicals; pleasant texture, but strong smell of essential oils. Only spf 8.
Caudalie; very cosmetically elegant formula in this day cream with spf 8. The spf is micro encapsulated to protect against break down of spf and irritation. They have removed all parabens, so it is natural, but not organic. It is a shame I just found it too perfumed in the end.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

Liz are those all the ingredients? It seems that this has no active ingredients. Unless the zinc is actually zinc oxide?? Confused
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Hauschka spf20 for daily use and my daughter told me "not to hurt your feelings but you are really pale lately."

I think the problem of finding a non whitening sunscreen is much harder for darker complexions. I'm hispanic and italian so I have the olive thing going. Even when I try mixing some Hauschka Bronze Concentrate with my sunscreens they are always lighter than me and just look weird. I got so frustrated that I've gone about a week sunscreen free.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Theresa,

Those are the ingredients for the zenbiotics, it just lists it as zinc.

I was checking out the COTZ and looks good, but the clear one that's SPF 65 contains these as the first 3 active ingredients: Benzophenone-3, Octocrylene, Octinoxate and then followed by Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide.

Are the first three chemical? Are those stable?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme yes the first three ingredients are chemical. I did some quick research on the stability issue and it would appear that octinoxate is not photostable but octocrylene is. I got the impression that Benzophenone-3 is photostable but I couldn't find anything definite on this. I know that octocrylene is used to stablilze avobenzone so I suppose it is possible that it might stabilize other sunscreen ingredients.

Doing a quick search on octinoxate and some of what I have just read (about free radicals and photostability) has made me somewhat more concerned about this ingredient. Maybe I should really look into this since almost all my sunscreens contain it. The Benzophenone-3 reading that I did also raised some concerns (about being absorbed by the skin). Not being alarmist but something that I definetly need to research!

On the Zenbiotic sunscreen, as far as I know zinc as opposed to zinc oxide is not a UV filter.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Then the COTZ SPF 58 looks like a decent sunscreen, since it contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the only 2 active ingredients. May look into this one a bit more as an option. Right now I'm alternating between the Shiseido and the Bioderma Max Creme.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I love Epicuren Discovery Zinc Oxide SPF20. It doesn't break me out (almost everything else does) and leaves little or no whitish cast (I don't notice one on me).

I've also heard good things about DeVita's ZO sunscreen, which I believe is SPF30.
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone, I couldn't use the COTZ sunscreen, it has "chemical" ingredients in there I can't use, I think it has glycols and some others?

The Zenbiotic sounds promising.

To "BBD", I **LOVE** DeVita products, they are natural, so I'm gonna check that one out , thanks, and I hope this thread keeps going until we find the perfect one Very Happy
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Finding the right sunscreen is beginning to feel like quite a feat! Shock It amazes me, because it seems so essential these days! I wish there was more research about it.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Zenbiotic one on my face yet so I'll have to report back when I do, but I've been using it on my hands for the past few days and the initial results are VERY promising! The texture is very thin and milky, and when you first pump it out it's white and opaque, so I was worried that it might leave a white cast on my skin. However, within seconds it was completely absorbed and all the traces of white were gone. The texture of my skin after I apply the sunblock is soft and silky--- not a hint of greasiness or stickiness. My hands were exposed to sun for several hours during a long car ride and they didn't show a hint of redness, either. I'm looking forward to trying this on my face! You can buy a 1 oz bottle for 6.95 at zenbiotic.com, so I feel like the price is very reasonable--- I'm going to order a larger bottle next time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Liz do you have any clue how the Zenbiotic sunscreen works? I am not seeing anything in this that would offer adequate UV protection. Confused Also, when you said you used this on a long car ride do you mean a long car ride with the windows up or down? If the windows were up the glass itself would have protected your skin from the burning UVB rays.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Liz do you have any clue how the Zenbiotic sunscreen works? I am not seeing anything in this that would offer adequate UV protection. Confused Also, when you said you used this on a long car ride do you mean a long car ride with the windows up or down? If the windows were up the glass itself would have protected your skin from the burning UVB rays.

Actually I'm not sure--- someone may want to email Robert for specifics. However, the opacity of the product leads me to believe that the zinc on the label is zinc oxide. Also, my windows were rolled up, but I've gotten burned on long car rides with the windows up many a time--- these days I almost always wear gloves or sunscreen. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |