Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Camellia oil question - Vitamin C?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have a bit of a stupid question. I've been searching for an alternate to Emu for use on top of my Super CP serum, since EMU is a bit too thick & heavy for my tastes. I read here on EDS about Camellia oil, and there seems to be glowing reviews about it, so I went ahead and bought a bottle of the Silkia Camellia Oil (Goldport Beauty).

So, I got my bottle yesterday and the box the Camellia oil came in says that the oil has Vitamin C and E in it?!? This raised red flags immediately since I know that Vit C is NOT to be used with copper peptides. Then I thought about it some more and remembered that Vit C is water soluble. How can Camellia oil contain Vit C then? Is this wrong info on the Silkia Camellia oil box? Or does the CAmellia oil really contain Vit C and that I should immediately stop using it on top of my CP serum?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
maeia--i checked my silkia camellia oil bottle and it says 100% camellia oil. i threw away the box a while back so i don't know what it said. you should check your bottle to see what it says.

this is where i bought mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/Silkia-Camellia-Oil-for-Anti-Aging-and-Acne-Scars_W0QQitemZ160066139470QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HTH

Edit: i just checked out goldportbeauty and read the description quickly, you mean that the oil itself contains vitamins c e and other things. i have no idea about copper peptides, anyone else has thoughts? sorry i can't be much help here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

Edit: i just checked out goldportbeauty and read the description quickly, you mean that the oil itself contains vitamins c e and other things. i have no idea about copper peptides, anyone else has thoughts? sorry i can't be much help here.

Yes, that's it exactly - the Silkia box says the oil itself contains Vit C & E... since Vit C with copper peptides is a no-no, I was wondering if anyone had any further info. It just seemed weird to me that there'd be VitC in an oil.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is the same brand, but the ingredients on my bottle say 100% camellia oil. If yours has Vit C, I wouldn't use it with CP. Can you return it?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mine says 100% pure organic camelia oil.

I would call them up.

BTW, I am doing Emu combo - Emu Oil + jojoba + hazelnut + rasp. seed oil. It penetrates much much better and seem to suit my skin better too.

HTH,
Lucy.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |