Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

REVIEW: Philosophy Acne Kit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Alright so some of you gals know that I am having trouble with my son's acne. I have been waiting to receive this product from Sephora.com but it finally came. So today marks Day 1 (night). Every 2 weeks I will edit my intial post and update on my son's acne.

The kit includes and routine:
1) On a clear-day Super wash: AM/PM
2) On a clear-day blemish serum: AM/PM
3) On a clear-day hydrogen peroxide: AM/PM
4) On a clear-day protection cream: AM

We also bought the Oxygen Peel which contains:
1) Catalyst in a capsule that is mixed with water
2) Hydrogen Peroxide Foaming Agent Cream

We will also use this weekly to help oxygenate my son's skin. I think he'll need help with the Peel so I'll take extra care.

Anyway, first impressions: [I watched him deligently]

Cleaner was DEVINE. The dirt on my son's skin melted away. He said it smelled nice as well.

Blemish serum: Dried the blemish area out for about a minute. Then went back to normal. It stung a little on the parts that were picked. (Yes I almost killed him when he told me he picked them.) Blemishes seemed visably smaller after about 2 minutes.

Hydrogen Peroxide Cream: Felt much different from other creams. Absorbed very easily. Skin was dry for a few minutes, but then returned to normal. Left my son's skin very smooth.

Protection cream: Cannot comment as didn't use yet.

The oxygen peel we will use this weekend. It said to be done weekly and it came with 10 capsules, meaning we get 10 applications. I read that only half the capsule can we used, so make it 20!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Parent Saver,
Any more updates?
CG
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well I guess this is a month later. Oh well. So here's the update.

My Son's routine:

Day 1:

Morning:
Philosophy clear-day Super Wash
ACV Toner
On a clear-day blemish serum
On a clear-day protection cream

Night:
Aspirin Mask (Homemade: used as cleanser)
ACV toner
On a clear-day hydrogen peroxide

Day 2:

Day:
ACV Toner
On a clear-day protection cream

Night:
ACV Toner
PSF Acne Mud (overnight)

-----------
So with this new routine here are the results:

My son's acne has been controlled some-what. It's only been 3 weeks. The PSF mud is extremely helpful, as over night it helps to clear up bumps. The serum seems to reduce the sizes of the pimples and the cleanser is still WONDERFUL. My son still has acne and redness from past pimples but I feel that it IS getting better. It seems that all the acne has migrated to the chin area of his face except for a few stray pimples around his cheek and forhead.

I think it will take a while longer to see fully the results of this skin care regimine.

NOTE: ACV TONER was added a week ago, aswell as Aspirin Mask.

I will repost at 2 month mark.
chzzzcake
5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Has your son tried Proactiv? I tried the Philosophy line and found Proactiv to be much more effective for me. A lot of people complain about Proactiv being too strong or drying, but I've found the trick is to complement it with a moisturizer.

I've been using Proactiv since I was 19 (currently 25). My skin is much better now, perhaps it has somewhat to do with age as well, but my skin is much clearer with Proactiv than without. I use the three step regimen and during the day I add an SPF moisturizer (I've found the oil of olay ones to be oil free, moisturize well, and don't break me out). I still get an occasional pimple every few days, but it is much better than when I wasn't using Proactiv.

I thought switching to a gentler skincare line (without benzoyl peroxide) would make my skin even better and bought the Philosophy kit, but after a week I found I was breaking out much more often so I returned it and went back to Proactiv.
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Wow sounds exactly like my sons situation. We tried proactive and it kept my son's skin pretty clear. We then stopped because it was finished and his skin was fine. Then he hit the new grade and summer was finished and his acne just FLARED up agian. Soooo... we decided to try proactive again but it didn't seem to get rid of the pimples as effectively. Soo we decided to try Philosophy and well.. I hope it starts really working soon or else we'll have to try something new.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I could be wrong but I faintly remember someone posting that the Baby Q helped with their daughters acne.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |