Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: SkinCubed Eye Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Today will be the beginning of my sixth week using SkinCubed eye cream as generously furnished by Louis. This is also my first review here so bear with me.

First off let me state that my primary problem is dark circles under my eyes. I don't have lines beneath the eye nor do I have crows feet. The skin that was discolored did have an odd texture to it, somewhat bumpy.

This is the first product that has done for my circles what it said it would do and I'm thrilled. It seems to have smoothed out the bumpy texture also. I know there was some discussion regarding it not going on smoothly but after playing around a little I found what worked for my eyes. For me, I discovered that I did best with using a smaller amount but the real trick for application for me was to never lose contact with the skin as I was applying it. I used small circles and just moved around the eye until it was absorbed. I didn't feel it was drying nor did I feel it wasn't enough moisture. I tend to get milia with eye creams and this wasn't the case with the SkinCubed product. I would purchase this even at the price of 150.00 because it's the ONLY thing that ever worked on my circles. Now to decide what to try next.

Thanks Louis for the opportunity to try your product.

Kimberly
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this 2x a day since I got it which would probably be around the same time as everyone else so about 5-6 weeks. My main problem was puffiness and nothing else. I noticed a firming of my eye bags after a few days of use and at this point I'd have to say my overall puffiness has gone down my half. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my puffiness since it's hereditary but I'm loving the results. I feel the same way as the above poster that this was sufficient in terms of hydration itself and did not give me any bumps under my eyes.

However I have 1 expression line under each eye that's not visible unless I smile and you examine my eye closely and I find that this product does make it appear deeper than it is. Since I apply Camellia oil to my face prior to using this eye cream I started pat the residual oil from my fingers on to my eye area. I find that this prevents the above from happening and helps the skincubed apply/absorb more readily. I read in a previous thread that some members experienced balling up or a pasty look afterward and I think its due to their eye area being to dry prior to application. It would really help if you apply a little bit of oil beforehand.

Overall I do not think that the pricetag is expensive at all for the amount you get and will repurchase.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I don't think I'm supposed to post a separate review, so I'm just adding mine to this thread:

REVIEW - SKINCUBED EYE REPAIR

I am 42 years old. I've been using the Skincubed Eye Repair for approximately 5 weeks (2Xdaily).

Background

My problems were puffiness, some lining and dark circles. I've used a heap of eye products in the past. Prior to starting with the Skincubed Eye Repair I was using Prevage for Eyes and Decleor's firming serum (to help lift my eyelids). The only other treatments that I got good results from in the past were ADCE and Strivectin (and while they DID make a difference -they were no match for Skincubed Eye Repair). I own more eyeglasses than Elton John and used them as accessories to help distract from my puffiness. I was very self-conscious. I was very eyeshadow/liner-phobic. A wearer of very bright lipstick as well, as a means to distract from my eyes. (Yes, sometimes I think I must have looked like Dame Edna Shock )

Application

It took me a week or so to get used to the application. I "melt" the treatment between my fingers and then apply to very slightly damp skin in a rolling/pressing motion (similar to the Dr.H CC method). The treatment absorbs beautifully doing it this way with absolutely no residue or pilling. (Note: this app method is in contrast to the instructions which say to apply to dry skin). I am used to an almost wet feeling around my eyes after eye treatment app -but not with this product. My skin doesn't feel dry following app, nor does it feel artificially moist ( as is the case with many eye creams). My skin feels the way it is supposed to feel - and looks the way a healthy skin should look. Just soft and smooth. Not shiny and not masked or taut looking. I use primer around my eyes (Clarins Perfect Touch)which sits beautifully on the skin around my eyes - no problems at all with it sitting on top of the Skincubed Eye Repair.

Results

The results are more than I could have hoped for. I would say that the appearance my dark circles is dramatically diminished. The puffiness is pretty much G-O-N-E! The "end of day" expression lines around my eyes that I was used to seeing - are pretty much G-O-N-E as well. It just seems that the skin around my eyes falls back into place after squinting...I mean I DO wrinkle when I squint, but when I stop squinting - the skin relaxes back into what is pretty much a wrinkle-less landscape. I am no longer wearing my glasses all the time and I am trying to get used to wearing less concealer because I just don't need as much. I am wearing intensely pigmented eyeliner (I now own several fashion shades) and have started taking great care to enhance my brows. All in all, my eye make-up routine has been brought back to life since I've started using this treatment. I could not be more pleased with the results.

Cost/Value for the $$$

$150 US for one ounce. Given the superb results and considering that you get a full ounce/30 ml - I think the price is fair. I still have mounds left - My guess is that it will be a good six months before I need to repurchase.

Who Might Like It?

All you guys/gals with puffy peepers/dark circles should give it a shot (they have a money back guarantee). Those of you who love the feel of a rich moisturizing cream? You'll probably have to tie your hands behind your back to stop yourself from slathering something on top! Those of you with fine lining who complain that eye creams just puff up your eyes will probably be totally charmed by the Skincubed Eye Repair. Ive been pretty generous with it at times (just to see what would happen) and my eyes did NOT puff up - and I always take it to the lash line to boot - I dont park it at the orbital bone.

Final Thoughts

While the texture is unconventional (IMHO), the results are remarkable. For me, this product does exactly what it says it will do. Two thumbs, all fingers, and toes WAY UP!
Pudoodles
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I don't think I'm supposed to post a separate review, so I'm just adding mine to this thread:

REVIEW - SKINCUBED EYE REPAIR

I am 42 years old. I've been using the Skincubed Eye Repair for approximately 5 weeks (2Xdaily).

Background

My problems were puffiness, some lining and dark circles. I've used a heap of eye products in the past. Prior to starting with the Skincubed Eye Repair I was using Prevage for Eyes and Decleor's firming serum (to help lift my eyelids). The only other treatments that I got good results from in the past were ADCE and Strivectin (and while they DID make a difference -they were no match for Skincubed Eye Repair). I own more eyeglasses than Elton John and used them as accessories to help distract from my puffiness. I was very self-conscious. I was very eyeshadow/liner-phobic. A wearer of very bright lipstick as well, as a means to distract from my eyes. (Yes, sometimes I think I must have looked like Dame Edna Shock )

Application

It took me a week or so to get used to the application. I "melt" the treatment between my fingers and then apply to very slightly damp skin in a rolling/pressing motion (similar to the Dr.H CC method). The treatment absorbs beautifully doing it this way with absolutely no residue or pilling. (Note: this app method is in contrast to the instructions which say to apply to dry skin). I am used to an almost wet feeling around my eyes after eye treatment app -but not with this product. My skin doesn't feel dry following app, nor does it feel artificially moist ( as is the case with many eye creams). My skin feels the way it is supposed to feel - and looks the way a healthy skin should look. Just soft and smooth. Not shiny and not masked or taut looking. I use primer around my eyes (Clarins Perfect Touch)which sits beautifully on the skin around my eyes - no problems at all with it sitting on top of the Skincubed Eye Repair.

Results

The results are more than I could have hoped for. I would say that the appearance my dark circles is dramatically diminished. The puffiness is pretty much G-O-N-E! The "end of day" expression lines around my eyes that I was used to seeing - are pretty much G-O-N-E as well. It just seems that the skin around my eyes falls back into place after squinting...I mean I DO wrinkle when I squint, but when I stop squinting - the skin relaxes back into what is pretty much a wrinkle-less landscape. I am no longer wearing my glasses all the time and I am trying to get used to wearing less concealer because I just don't need as much. I am wearing intensely pigmented eyeliner (I now own several fashion shades) and have started taking great care to enhance my brows. All in all, my eye make-up routine has been brought back to life since I've started using this treatment. I could not be more pleased with the results.

Cost/Value for the $$$

$150 US for one ounce. Given the superb results and considering that you get a full ounce/30 ml - I think the price is fair. I still have mounds left - My guess is that it will be a good six months before I need to repurchase.

Who Might Like It?

All you guys/gals with puffy peepers/dark circles should give it a shot (they have a money back guarantee). Those of you who love the feel of a rich moisturizing cream? You'll probably have to tie your hands behind your back to stop yourself from slathering something on top! Those of you with fine lining who complain that eye creams just puff up your eyes will probably be totally charmed by the Skincubed Eye Repair. Ive been pretty generous with it at times (just to see what would happen) and my eyes did NOT puff up - and I always take it to the lash line to boot - I dont park it at the orbital bone.

Final Thoughts

While the texture is unconventional (IMHO), the results are remarkable. For me, this product does exactly what it says it will do. Two thumbs, all fingers, and toes WAY UP!
Pudoodles

I couldn't have said it better myself Pudoodles! Great product. My eyes look better than ever, and I will definitely purchase this when mine runs out. All my other eye products have been delegated to my "occasional" drawer! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Alright so when looking at the ingredients in the product, it seems that it contains everything that drug-store quality dark-circle creams contain:

Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone
Dipeptide-2
Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3
N-Hydroxysuccinimide
Chrysin
Palmitoy Oligopeptide
Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3

Those ingredients are what help to eliminate the bilirubin and other deposits left from oxidizing leaded blood in your capilleries.

However, it also contains silica (sand).

I'd say you'd be better off with Prolighten or Under-eye Bryten as those have the same ingredients, minus the sand and are about 20$. They also have better reviews. Very Happy
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
i am using hylexin but not seein gmuch results. i think i might look in to trying this.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Parentsaver wrote:
Alright so when looking at the ingredients in the product, it seems that it contains everything that drug-store quality dark-circle creams contain:

Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone
Dipeptide-2
Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3
N-Hydroxysuccinimide
Chrysin
Palmitoy Oligopeptide
Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3

Those ingredients are what help to eliminate the bilirubin and other deposits left from oxidizing leaded blood in your capilleries.

However, it also contains silica (sand).

I'd say you'd be better off with Prolighten or Under-eye Bryten as those have the same ingredients, minus the sand and are about 20$. They also have better reviews. Very Happy

I haven't tried Prolighten but I have tried the Under-eye Brighten and did not get results..nothing negative - but nothing changed as far as I could see....maybe the concentration of active ingredients is higher in the Skincubed cream...I just don't know - I just know that - for me - this stuff works!! I feel so lucky!!!
Pudoodles
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well maybe you got me there. Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Parentsaver wrote:
Well maybe you got me there. Very Happy

well, I don't know...I haven't tried the other $20 treatment that you mentioned...who knows...If I could get the same results at a fraction of the price, well I'd be game for sure....I'm sure everyone would rather spend $20! Thanks for telling us about it - it is good to know - that is for sure Very Happy
Pudoodles
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just the 50$ gift certificate!! What should I buy?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Parentsaver wrote:
I just the 50$ gift certificate!! What should I buy?

Wuhooo for you, you lucky duck!!!!! Very Happy I'd buy something that I normally wouldn't dish out the money for...like a special cream or something that you wouldn't normally spend the money on...(unless you can get it for $20 at the drugstore! Laughing )....Make sure to tell us what you decide to get!
Happy Shopping!!!
Pudoodles
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I used it for my son, I got him that Acne Mud Mask from Pure Skin (2 of them actually) and I got him another mask from.. oh I forget something a little bit more expensive. Very Happy I got 7.90 left in an extra coupon! I'll save that for something else I guess.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
a forum member was kind enough to share her sample with me and i have to say, initially, i was absolutely thrilled with this. it worked better than *any* eye cream/gel/serum that i've ever used for my dark circles and puffiness. however, unfortunately, it completely trashed my eye area after using it for less than a week. my eyes have never looked worse! i still have a little sample filled with this and plan on using it for special occassions for its miraculous results, but i will never again use it on an ongoing basis. it's a pity because i was truly thrilled the first few days. unfortunately even sporadic use (only in the am or only every few days) did not work for me. it took major TLC to get my eyes back to normal and just wasn't worth it. as i said, for special occassions where i want to look my best, i will use it. otherwise, i'm staying far, far away.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm still using my little mini-sample of this, and do like the deflating effect it has on my under-eye puffiness. No effect at all on my dark circles though - a bit depressing as looking at the ingredient list it seems to have just about every "circle-busting" ingredient that has been invented!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Glad some of you are experiencing some success with it, but just to warn others - particularly with lines rather than puffiness that my experience was similar to Lavie's. After several days of use my undereyes have never looked uglier in a crepey, wrinkly, dry way. In fact I had no idea they could look so bad Shock. My feeling is never again.

My eyes also looked an unnatural, unhealthy white. I really didn't feel it absorbed as I could feel the waxy stuff still there at the end of the day. I couldn't feel the benefit of moisturising over the top and to do it underneath would buffer against the actives so pointless really.

I'm not sure this should be touted as anti-aging. OK, anti-puffiness - but aging eyes are characterised by dryness. According to Smartskincare.com "It (the eye area) has virtually no sebacious glands" which is why its essential to get enough moisture there. It's partly because of this lack of natural emollients that this area cracks up first in most people.

I know Louis says there were only 3 respondents who complained of dryness in his research and they suffered from serious dehydration but I find that surprising. I find PSF's cranberry + Stimucoll enough moisturisation there so it's not that serious an issue for me.

OK, just a counter-point. It certainly ain't for everyone.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
My results concur with LaVie's and Molly's. I don't have dry skin and I don't have wrinkles under my eyes, but when I used this stuff, the area under my eyes looked like crepe paper!!! The only time this has ever happened to me was a few years back when I used JB Okusil, which I've frequently named as the worst product I've ever used. I was willing to try the skincubed out, but it was a VERY short-lived experiment.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I agree..I was getting okusiled again and was very disappointed..although the brightening was there. I really think it has to do with the product's texture. I don't think it's drying as much as not moisturizing enough for me.It's difficult to work with unless you have smooth skin & your only problem is dark circles or puffiness. I actually gave up until I read sormuimui's post about using camellia oil under skincubed and it's been working great ever since. Skin texture is much better (no crepiness) and I still get that brightening effect. Lines don't stay when I smile either.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the product 2 x's/day for about 6 weeks. I don't have lines, puffiness nor dark circles, but I do notice a "softening" of the area under the eyes. I apply with a Q-tip to avoid the chalky look and this has mostly been working. HOWEVER, I've found another use for this cream with amazing results Very Happy
I have two stubborn lines above my lips and one on each side of my mouth - THIS is where I've noticed Skincubed has really made a HUGE difference! One of the lip lines has completely disappeared, the other has improved by about 50% (it was deeper) and the two at the corners of my mouth by about 60%.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I've been using the product 2 x's/day for about 6 weeks. I don't have lines, puffiness nor dark circles, but I do notice a "softening" of the area under the eyes. I apply with a Q-tip to avoid the chalky look and this has mostly been working. HOWEVER, I've found another use for this cream with amazing results Very Happy
I have two stubborn lines above my lips and one on each side of my mouth - THIS is where I've noticed Skincubed has really made a HUGE difference! One of the lip lines has completely disappeared, the other has improved by about 50% (it was deeper) and the two at the corners of my mouth by about 60%.

WOW Anya! Maybe I should put it on my wretched number elevens!!! Actually, I think I will give it a shot!
Pudoodles
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I wonder what causes the chalky look in some people. Anyone have an idea? I've also wondered if the product just doesn't react well with other products. I noticed that some of the ladies who posted less favorable reviews seem to use more products than I do. Always interesting to see the differences in each of us.

kimberly
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles,
Keep us posted on trying it on your 11's. I did try it above my lip before I started the L2K and it dried out that area something awful in just a day.

kimberly
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
[WOW Anya! Maybe I should put it on my wretched number elevens!!! Actually, I think I will give it a shot!
Pudoodles

Pudoodles - LOL - I was thinking the same thing!!! I've been loving the effects of the Skincubed eye cream like you have. I don't have "elevens" - I just have a very deep "one" - but maybe this will help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
catmcall wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
[WOW Anya! Maybe I should put it on my wretched number elevens!!! Actually, I think I will give it a shot!
Pudoodles

Pudoodles - LOL - I was thinking the same thing!!! I've been loving the effects of the Skincubed eye cream like you have. I don't have "elevens" - I just have a very deep "one" - but maybe this will help!

Very Happy Catmcall! I just finished putting it on my number elevens Laughing Im going to see what happens...if you decide to use it on your number one let me know how it goes goes Wink
Pudoodles
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Good luck with the 11's Pudooodles and keep us posted Very Happy I have a deep trench between my eyes and haven't used Skincubed there, coz that would really be expecting too much Shock
BTW I've not experienced any dryness above my lips, but that's ME as I'm not prone to dryness anyway.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
anya - I am curious if you have used other products for the lines above your lips, like Retin A, etc, or just the skincubed product?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |