Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Jurlique Lavender Hand Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer the Jurlique Lavender to the Citrus. I don't find the citrus fades as quickly. The citrus is nice, but it reminds me a little too much of citronelle (sp?) candles - the ones that you use to prevent bugs bugging you in the summer.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Jurlique hand cream too. It is a great product. The price is reasonable when I was living in Australia.

Luckily for me on my way back to New Zealand I discovered Alpine Silk Organic Rose hip Oil hand cream at duty free. It works just as well as Jurlique one (if not better) at a fraction of the price. My hand is usually still nice and moist after washing my hand with detergent when I use the Alpine Silk Organic. Being a mother with a newborn, I'm obsessed with hygienic so I'm always washing my hand. A good hand cream is very important.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
tanmish wrote:
I used to use Jurlique hand cream too. It is a great product. The price is reasonable when I was living in Australia.

Luckily for me on my way back to New Zealand I discovered Alpine Silk Organic Rose hip Oil hand cream at duty free. It works just as well as Jurlique one (if not better) at a fraction of the price. My hand is usually still nice and moist after washing my hand with detergent when I use the Alpine Silk Organic. Being a mother with a newborn, I'm obsessed with hygienic so I'm always washing my hand. A good hand cream is very important.

Becasue of my work,I also wash my hand quite frequently...apart from using a good hand cream, a good hand wash is important too...any great hand wash recommended??
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Katy wrote:
Becasue of my work,I also wash my hand quite frequently...apart from using a good hand cream, a good hand wash is important too...any great hand wash recommended??

Hi Katy,
I couldn't agree more. I became obsessed with these natural soaps from Adams Handmade Soap Company. Here is the link:
http://www.naturalsoapwholesale.com/

My skin has never been better. Before switching to these soaps, my hands would get so dry that the skin on my thumbs would crack and bleed. I had been using them in the shower, but noticed how good my skin felt from the soap, so I put a bar at each sink in the house .... It made such a difference that I brought a bar with me to work !!! I'm the crazy lady who actually brings her own soap bar into the bathroom now!!! Laughing You'd be surprised how many people who asked me what I was doing and then said - What a good idea!!! Maybe it was just to my face Wink Laughing

The commercial soap they use kills my skin. I do my best to avoid it. I leave a bar of soap at my desk, Jurlique hand cream in my desk drawer and KH hand cream in my purse !!! My hands are doing great this year.

I also started using Aveda's Beautifying Composition oil on my hands at night. I rub it into my cuticles and then add hand cream - my hands have never been this good ... I am admittedly very high maintenance !!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Katy wrote:

Hi Katy,
I couldn't agree more. I became obsessed with these natural soaps from Adams Handmade Soap Company. Here is the link:
http://www.naturalsoapwholesale.com/

My skin has never been better. Before switching to these soaps, my hands would get so dry that the skin on my thumbs would crack and bleed. I had been using them in the shower, but noticed how good my skin felt from the soap, so I put a bar at each sink in the house .... It made such a difference that I brought a bar with me to work !!! I'm the crazy lady who actually brings her own soap bar into the bathroom now!!! Laughing You'd be surprised how many people who asked me what I was doing and then said - What a good idea!!! Maybe it was just to my face Wink Laughing

The commercial soap they use kills my skin. I do my best to avoid it. I leave a bar of soap at my desk, Jurlique hand cream in my desk drawer and KH hand cream in my purse !!! My hands are doing great this year.

I also started using Aveda's Beautifying Composition oil on my hands at night. I rub it into my cuticles and then add hand cream - my hands have never been this good ... I am admittedly very high maintenance !!!

Thanks Time2beMe:)

Yes, really a bit crazy to bring our own soap to office....well...but as it is good to our hands, I don't care!! Bad Grin Bad Grin

I just browsed the link you provided. I am attracted by the Lanvender!! But I prefer hand liquid(cleansing gel/cream) more than a soap...However, they only offer soap, right??
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
They do have liquid soap, but I have no idea what it is like. It certainly isn't expensive, but I suspect it may be unscented.
http://www.naturalsoapwholesale.com/Liquid-Soap-_c_13.html

Before I found these soaps, I used to use shower and body gel. I found it more gentle than regular liquid soaps - but I've never found anything that feels as good on my skin as these soaps do. When I wash my hands, I only rinse until I feel like the soap is gone, but the oils are still there.

I've ordered some products from this site. While I've never tried her bath and shower gels, I've used some of her hair conditioners and I really like the body lotions and creams. Her prices are good:
http://www.jasminesbathandbeautyproducts.com/catalog.php/jasmines/dt81824/Body_Wash
You can pick from a wide range of fragrances. My favourites from there are the coconut lemongrass and the mango papaya.

Another place I've ordered from (can you tell I shop online Confused ) is Juliet's Room. I actually got some of the Rosemary Mint shower gel in my stocking. I've brought it to work, so that I'm not walking to and from the sink with my soap bar .... now I'm much more refined and walk to and from with my shower gel !!!! Laughing It is nice and I love the fragrance; however, it isn't as moisturizing as my soap bars !!
http://www.julietsroom.com/store/pc/BUBBLE-WASH-br-Rosemary-Mint-Bath-Shower-Gel-73p230.htm

Jason's Organics has a liquid soap that isn't bad. I've used the Aloe and the Tea Tree - both are nice (albeit not as ice as my soap bars ... have I told you how much I love my soap bars !!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
They do have liquid soap, but I have no idea what it is like. It certainly isn't expensive, but I suspect it may be unscented.
http://www.naturalsoapwholesale.com/Liquid-Soap-_c_13.html

Before I found these soaps, I used to use shower and body gel. I found it more gentle than regular liquid soaps - but I've never found anything that feels as good on my skin as these soaps do. When I wash my hands, I only rinse until I feel like the soap is gone, but the oils are still there.

I've ordered some products from this site. While I've never tried her bath and shower gels, I've used some of her hair conditioners and I really like the body lotions and creams. Her prices are good:
http://www.jasminesbathandbeautyproducts.com/catalog.php/jasmines/dt81824/Body_Wash
You can pick from a wide range of fragrances. My favourites from there are the coconut lemongrass and the mango papaya.

Another place I've ordered from (can you tell I shop online Confused ) is Juliet's Room. I actually got some of the Rosemary Mint shower gel in my stocking. I've brought it to work, so that I'm not walking to and from the sink with my soap bar .... now I'm much more refined and walk to and from with my shower gel !!!! Laughing It is nice and I love the fragrance; however, it isn't as moisturizing as my soap bars !!
http://www.julietsroom.com/store/pc/BUBBLE-WASH-br-Rosemary-Mint-Bath-Shower-Gel-73p230.htm

Jason's Organics has a liquid soap that isn't bad. I've used the Aloe and the Tea Tree - both are nice (albeit not as ice as my soap bars ... have I told you how much I love my soap bars !!! Very Happy

Thanks Time2bme!! You reply is so informative!!

I agree that liquid wash may be unscented comparing with a saop bar....so I think I will your recommended soap bar in naturalsoapwholesale.com !!Smile
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katy !!
Let me know how you like them !! I've used the lavender one you were drawn to - it is very nice.
I do find the natural ones a little more moisturizing than the organic ones.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Hi Katy !!
Let me know how you like them !! I've used the lavender one you were drawn to - it is very nice.

Sure Time2Bme! I will post my comments here after I have tried the saop bar!! Smile
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Hi Katy !!

Sure Time2Bme! I will post my comments here after I have tried the saop bar!! Smile
glitterball

Wed May 11, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tanmish,

Where do you get your Alpine Silk from , I have heard good things about it. I recently purchased from a New Zealand site called Silverfernz. They seemed very good and good prices, is there somewhere you might recommend?

Thanks
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:03 am      Reply with quote
This hand cream is very rich, only use soy beans size. I like the smell of this cream too.

rose also good.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Always love this line.Never fail my expectation!!
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jurlique Hand Creams! I first received one as a gift more than 15 years ago when I left a job and I was hooked! I always have many tubes of hand cream on the go - I cant help myself when I see a new one somewhere Laughing but Jurlique are the best IMO and I keep a tube on my night table and apply before going to bed and wake to lovely plumped up hands that are ready for another day of torture! hahaha... Very Happy
61Apples
5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I've been trying out a few different hand creams recently and am now using the Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Hand Treatment. I'm not sure that it's the best I've used but I do like it and it doesn't leave hands greasy,
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I still love Jurlique Lavender hand cream. It will be my second winter and it is still the best IMO. It isn't greasy, which is surprising considering how moisturizing it is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
it is a lovely hand cream, thick enough and moiste enought. but he smell is a bit of strong.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I don't find the lavender one too strong, but I wouldn't buy the citrus one again. It was too strong and the scent didn't fade

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
rose and lavender are good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:52 am      Reply with quote
It's kinid of expensive even though I wish to try it. Crabtree hand therapy works well at more affordable price.
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 am      Reply with quote
the hand cream works well but i agree with the last post, crabtree rosewater smells better!
Jesselyn
5% products discount

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
love both the lavender and rose creams both for the fragrance and the intensity of the cream. The fragrances are quite strong and do last a while which I like but some people may not
SiameseCat

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
The rose hand cream is awesome. I once bought a small bottle after a department store salesperson asked me if I'd like to try it. She put it on me, then had me place my hands inside a heated mitt for a few minutes. My skin felt so great I bought a small bottle, even though it was pretty expensive. Best hand cream I've ever tried. Would keep buying it if it wasn't so expensive.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |