Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How much have you spent because of EDS forum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
It all happened one night not so long ago while I was bored surfing the net... I was officially in my late twenties (rather than early twenties) so I thought I better shape up my skin care routine. I've been spending hours on end reading every little tip I could get; god knows the aging process is probably accelerating from now on. I bought several items, two of which are the Advanced T Blue and Red lights. A few packages later, I've spent over $4k. Ouch! I'm not rich yet so I hope all this yields good results! It started out so innocently too.

Anyway, my question is a rhetorical one but I was curious...as a result of the $$$$ spent, how much of an improvent did you see on your skin percentage-wise?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
i really benefited a LOT from EDS Forum. there are so many knowledgble and helpful members here. for every kind of skin problems, you can find useful tips and suggested solutions easily. i do spend more $$$$$ on my skin but it is all worthwhile! Laughing
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
My down payment on a new house Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
More then I care to admit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
All my saving. Sad
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Between the DIY stuff I've done since May, the SkinBiology site, and scampering around here following Scalawaggirl's posts, (also read her posts on DianaYvonne forum which seems to have disintegrated) ... um ... a lot? I'm rather happy that so far I've restrained myself and have not bought the NuFace. Notice I say 'so far.' I'd just as soon not know the total but when I come close to paying off my credit card, I make another irresistible purchase. Laughing Thank goodness for sample sizes.
As far as improvement? Since in the process I've learned what's actually beneficial for skin, it's looking pretty good. Smoother, even tone, less problem areas, no new lines/wrinkles. I wish I'd started sooner, actually!
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've got to say, almost all of my money spent this month is Scalawagirl's fault. I bought the lights, Nu Face, Sauna, TCA acid...I have a US mailbox to avoid all the hassle but I haven't even had a chance to use most of my goodies.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh - I don't even know how much I've spent since discovering EDS. One thing I know for sure: I would NEVER buy anything without checking to see what the EDS forum members think....there are so many skincare smarty-pants' around here - it is just great.....and people really care....I think more important than how much I've spent is how much I haven't wasted! Very Happy
Pudoodles
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've spent alot since I've been here ... I think the most was trying various products/lines before figuring out what worked best for me (and I was BAD about sampling before buying ... trying to get better about that). However, once I found something I was more happy with the results (IS Clinical REALLY helped clear my skin), I found I wasn't as tempted to spend more on other things (whereas in the beginning I was wanting to try everything that had a good review!). So I probably spent about $750 - $1,000 on things I have since moved on from (mostly) since the beginning of 2006 and about $500 on things that really seem to work and I'm sticking with and using up. Plus, there was the Clarisonic (which I still use nearly every day) and I just recently (like yesterday) ordered the Baby Quasar. So that all adds up. Anyway, that's a rough estimate! Might be higher or a bit lower. My skin was really breaking out though until around September when I started with the ISC, so I'm happy to spend that money getting to a place where I feel better about the way my skin looks. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I would have to say that I spent a lot but it has not been wasted at all. Thanks to this forum, we can share our reviews to help one another make our choices. Very Happy Dancing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I couldnt bear to think how much I've spent since I rolled up here. Shock

I avoid that thought, and instead I focus on the fact my skincare has radically improved, my lips are fuller and my eyelashes are on the up and up ...

I pay my CC bill as quickly as I can and stuff it in a drawer..
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
My spent about $850 Rolling Eyes
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
An ungodly amount. I have finally realized that I do NOT need to try every rave that occurs in EDS. Some products work well for some people but that doesn't mean it will work for me. I am using better judgement now. I hope!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
HEAPS!!!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:58 am      Reply with quote
A lot!!! I do try to make sure I am making good choices though, and have found some fab new things here so I am happy - even if my bank balance isn't Laughing .
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
No comment, lol!! Laughing Laughing
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I don't know how much I spent, but I do know that before EDS I would never have spent 67 USD on 1 ounce of a product (Jurlique Herbal Recovery)...but I love it!!!
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Well, very good question, I don't really know how much $$ I've spent, but certainly more than if I'd never have discovered this forum and site. I'd have to say that most everthing I've bought I have liked. I'm trying to start some DIY stuff so hopefully in the long run it will decrease the money flowing out of my wallet. Laughing
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
A lot! But definitely worth it. Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Ahh...out of sight out of mind. Until I log into EDS and see my "previous orders" and add it all up!
I've probably spent 500 or so because of EDS, but I'm much more likely to buy samples now rather than dive into a full size product. And I'm much more keen on natural and home-made products like Candessence and CareKate. Before EDS I would have never considered buying something someone else made in their kitchen and I naively thought that the more costly a product, the better it must work. How silly I was!

So while I've spent more on skincare because of EDS, in the long run it will be cheaper because now I'm more educated and will NOT fall for the sales pitch at cosmetic counters or the next big fad in skincare.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
EDS has been bad, since I found it dec 18 I spent about 2400, mostly on the quasar & Nuface, EEEKS
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
More than I care to think about, but what fun !!! Very Happy
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Before EDS I always thought the more expensive the product the more effective it would be, and as a consequence I spent A LOT. Now I'm a far more educated consumer thanks to all the good advice from y'all and like Paris said, samples are my first foray into any new product, which saves me money in the long run Very Happy Need I say that my skin has never looked or felt better Very Happy
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hehe At least $ 4000 AUD for half year. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm an accountant, but I won't keep track of my spending on skincare as a result of discovering EDS. I'm sure Paypal helps keep track of this for me free of charge. LOL I don't want to find out though.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |