Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review - Rave !! Everyday Minerals Silk Dust
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I received this about 10 days ago and wanted to use it for at least 1 full week before posting a review. I use EM mineral makeup, but their finishing powder [cornstarch] made me break out terribly!

I tend to get very shiny and oily after a few hours. Learned here on EDS about Milk of Magnesia but after reading a post by Tangal about PH balance and wait times, quit using MOM because it's so alkaline I didn't think it could be very good for my skin, so I was back to blotting with tissue papers every few hours...

I couldn't wait to try the silk dust and have not been disappointed in the least. To test how well it controls the shine, I used silk dust right after applying sunscreen when my skin is at it's shiniest! Very Happy Then I add 1-2 layers of EM foundation and finish off with silk dust. I'm left with a wonderfully matte complexion. Within 30 minutes, I've settled into a wonderful youthful glow and don't have to touch up for at least 5-6 hours.

I love the way it looks, I love the way my face feels, think I finally found my HG mattifier!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to post an update on EDM Silk Dust. I've been using it now since mid - December and still love it! No breakouts, my skin feels more soft and the shines are still kept at bay for at least 5-6 hours, which is a vast improvement for me.

When I think of all the time and $$ I spent trying to find the perfect mattifier, I'm so happy I found this $12.00 silk dust! Just ordered 2 more so I never never have to worry about running out Laughing

One day a week [usually Sunday] I try to incorporate a "no makeup" day but I cheat a little by patting on some silk dust after applying skincare treatments to deal with the shine. I went to the store to buy a bottle of mine with my bareface a couple of weeks ago and can you believe I got carded? I could have hugged the dear man Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review. I have similar skin type and a bit older. I actually have an order started with EDM (cart loaded) and was debating on the silk dust.

I tried the original finishing dust with cornstarch. It does control oil well but it looked chalky.

What else do you like from EDM? I like the concealers also.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Autumn 95, you're more than welcome! When I find something wonderful I love to share - my mum, sister in law and nieces all received EDM foundation and silk dust for Christmas and just like me, they'll never go back to conventional makeup.

The silk dust looks chalky right after applying it, but within 15 minutes it seems to balance itself and settle into a nice, dewey finish.

As far as other products I order from Everyday Minerals, I use the multi-tasking concealer as a base for my eyeshadow and to cover a couple of red spots on my face.

Foundation type I use is intensive; I like the coverage, staying power, texture and the knowledge that it includes an additional vitamin boost. I truly believe that this line is an extension of my skincare routine, not mere makeup! Very Happy

catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Got to chime in that I love this product too, and the multi - tasker is terrific for sides of nose, insides of eys, anywhere you wish you had less colour! It's fabulous stuff.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love this stuff as well. I'd been using BM for a year or so and recently switched. It took a few samples to find my color, but I love the Everday kit I got. I don't like the brushes at all though (foundation and concealer), and I went back to the BM ones, even though the bristles somtimes fall out. What brushes do you all use from EM?
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks for the info...but, I don't see the silk dust on the EM site. Help? Also, has anyone ordered the make up bag, "mineral organizer"...do you like it, what are the dimnsions? Thanks~ Cyndi

Edit...Sushi~ I love, love the smashbox #19 brush for mineral makeup; I've used it with loose BM and pressed JI - it's an everything brush - bronzer, foundation, finishing; I have two. So much softer and w/ more bristles than the BM brushes; but I didn't care for those brushes at all.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |