Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

kiehl's - pineapple papaya facial scrub ***A REVIEW***
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
scootercat
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2004 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
kiehl's - pineapple papaya facial scrub
there are very few products out there that are genuinely suitable, and will have equally good effect in, all skin types, but this is one of them.
it's a fruit-based exfoliator, which can also be left on as a mask for a few moments, which cleanses and brightens skin without any harsh effects.
the product does contain grains, but its main exfoliation action comes from the enzymes in the pineapple and papaya. bromelain and papain are fairly strong enzymes; used on the skin they literally dissolve away any protein-based junk - so that includes dead skin, excess sebum etc.
the result is that dry skin is brighter, flaky bits are gone and moisturiser can work more effectively; while oilier skins will see a big improvement in both texture and tone.

amy
roopdh
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2004 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review.

I used a papaya scrub once and I loved it, though not this brand. I think the ingredients of papaya do truly help brighten the complexion of oilier skin types...at the time I was quite oily so it worked well and I'm sure its just as nice for other skin types as it DID feel nourishing.

Thanks for the recommendation.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2004 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
amy: kiehl's is the brand that I always want to try .. thanks for the review. it reassured me! Thanks!

So, have you also tried other products in this line?
scootercat
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2004 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I used quite a bit when I was in college. I have since migrated more towards cellex-c, skinceuticals and shiseido. I still use some of their scrubs and masks when I get the bug for something different. Is their anything in particular that you are interested in?

amy
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2004 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
nothing in particular at this moment, but last time when I was looking at this line, I was looking at their sunscreen/sunblock ... I dont remember, but seems like they have several different types for different skin types .. I have no idea which to pick, just tried the testers there at their counter, didnt really feel it right with the texture ... so, didnt get it! But some raves have kept me interested in trying out their products.. haha, dont even know what I am looking for, just wanna a try! Laughing
scootercat
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2004 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have used their Ultra Protection Water Based Moisterizer SPF 25 before. I really liked it. At the time, my skin was very oily and tended toward being acneic. It was very light and did not aggrevate my skin at all.

amy
almanking

Wed May 19, 2004 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I found it's Rare Earth Cleansing Mask is excellent.
I am combination skin and quite oily on T-zone. After using it, I can feel my skin become fresh and a bit whiter.Of course, the pore is clean and smaller. Worth to try!
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the suggestiones.. I will check out these products! Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2004 8:17 am      Reply with quote
If I can find somewhere to get it, I just might try this. I think that papaya/paw paw is the unsung hero of the beauty world.

My one "I think I would die if I had to live without it" product is my little red tube of Lucas's Paw Paw Ointment (and Australian product). It is basically pure fermented papaya in an ointment/balm and is the ultimate "everything" balm. Use it on lips, cracked heels, rough elbows, ragged cuticles.. anywhere!! If the problem is mild it is likely to be corrected overnight and even the WORST problems are greatly soothed with just one application.

When paypayas are in season I have been known to buy one, mash it up and smooth all over arms, legs, etc. as an exfoliant. I read that traditionally, the lovely ladies of Java (and Bali too I think) used mashed paw paw as an eye cream to keep wrinkles at bay.

Rock on papaya!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |