Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Mario Badescu
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I received a samples package from Mario Badescu today. they are very generous, included in the mail are:
Enzyme cleasing gel
cucumer lotion
hyaluronic eye cream
flower & tonic mask
collagen moisturizer(spf 15)
seaweed night cream
drying cream
strawberry face scrub

i tried the cleasing gel, cucumer lotion, eye cream and the seaweed night cream. the other 3 are ok but hate the texture of night cream. The whole product line seems very cheap, i am surprised Serah jessica parker and marsha steward are their clients. what's good about this line? i heard their acne products are quite effective, other than that, i know nothing about this line and feel curious if anyone is using their products. I might be biased but i dont believe cheap product can deliver amazing results.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I liked the HA eye cream, and the seaweed night cream worked great on my feet. Laughing Everything else they sent me was inappropriate for my skin or ineffective. I'm not sure what it is with the line. I wanted to like their products.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Mario Badescu when I was younger. I only use the Enzyme Cleansing Gel now. I think the line is a basic skincare line. I don't remember it doing anything amazing for my skin.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
They are really generous as I received about 10 samples in a package from them.

They probably sent me the wrong samples, like Drying cream & Buffering lotion which are for oily/problem skin.

Out of those ten samples, I only like their Bee Pollen Night Cream and Strawberrt Tonic Mask.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I used their line years ago, and used to go there for facials. Nothing to be impressed about it - not the facials (they were just OK), nor the products. The only thing which was OK was healing cream and the yellow powder.

There are so many good places in NYC to get a facial, but this is one of the most well known ones.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Gosh!
I forgot to say thank you to PhoebesMeow for providing the Mario Badescu website.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I used their line years ago, and used to go there for facials. Nothing to be impressed about it - not the facials (they were just OK), nor the products. The only thing which was OK was healing cream and the yellow powder.

There are so many good places in NYC to get a facial, but this is one of the most well known ones.

sigma, do you have any idea how much does it cost to do a facial there?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Do not remember any more. I do have a girlfriend in the office who. I belive, still goes there, so will try to find out.

You can also call them and ask.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
oh i am not interested going since i am in Canada. just wondering why celebrities like to go there since their products are quite lousy.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Name recognition , I guess.
When I was there Cher showed up, many models go there, but so what? Most models have very bad skin (that I know from a makeup artist who used to help Kevin Acquin, when he was alive), most of the type was spent on making the skin look good.

I really do not care. Also I discovered that my skin looks better without facials.

HTH,
Lucy.

5% products discount

Sat May 05, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I like how they send generour samples too - I have used the Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Aloe Moisturizer and Drying Lotion. I find their products simple but effective and the price is not too bad. I have been using the drying lotion religiously and find it works quite well.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
i have only used their drying lotion...and by that i just didnt buy their other products cos the drying lotion didnt work...it was way too harsh for my skin, even tho i seem to tolerate most stuff.
i didnt think that it was that cheap...that tiny bottle of drying lotion cost me about £14=28USD
how did u guys get free samples? is it cos the website sends them to US addresses?
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I like the enzyme mask. It gives my skin a nice hydrated glow before going out!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I tried quite a few products from this line, including all of the acne treatments. While the acne treatments do work, they tend to overdry quite a bit.

I've used a couple of their toners, three of their cleansers, the glycolic gel, and the silver powder. I still have the silver powder, but since I've started using a chemical exfoliant (BHA) I haven't had the need to use it!

I really wanted to like this line.

And FYI...I "tested" their sample program. I filled out the questionnaire online twice, one I had sent home, the other to my work. One took WEEKS to get here, the other about 6 days. I filled in the questions for both in the exact same manner, same answers, etc. And I got DIFFERENT samples as recommendations. Granted two different people filled my request for samples, but two different cleansers, same toner, two different masks, two different moisturizers, etc. was bizarre to me since I answered the questions EXACTLY the same. It must depend on who fills it. Confused

The only thing I truly loved was the drying cream. While the smell takes a little getting used to, it is a cheap and effective blemish treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I also was surprised with the simplicity of the packaging and Martha Stewart raving this skincare line. The packaging did look good in Martha's magazines though! Laughing

I have a sample of the Enzyme cleanser and tried it last night and today. I did not have any make-up on, just a really good layer of sunblock. This light green (Martha Green) cleanser turns very milky on your skin. There is no foaming and there was a very nice slip feeling to it. Once rinsed, my skin did feel clean. I did feel that my skin did become more sensitive after I have used Kate in a Jar from Kate Somerville. None the less, I really liked the cleanser.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to try their masks but never get around to it. the masks sound very very nice. Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I used to love the Enzyme Cleansing Gel, until I tried OCM -- then I gave up the ECG. The Buffering Lotion is my HG for dealing with acne cysts.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I love, love, Love the ENZYME MASK. Everything else I have tried is just average.

Lori

5% products discount

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a ton of samples. So far, I've only used the glycolic cleanser. I used it at night and woke up, and washed my face with kate somerville detox cleanser, and saw that some of the blackheads on my nose were coming out! That's amazing! This cleanser really exfoliated my skin! It says to use it 2 - 3 times a week. I wonder if I could get away with using it more than that...just to speed up the process, then backoff if my skin gets too dry...

I need to leave well enough alone. This is probably why my skin is dry to begin with. I get too excited at the progress I'm making. Lord help me to be more patient. Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |