Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tea bags for Dark Circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I was once told to put wet cold tea bags on my eyes to get rid of dark circles.
Anyone else ever heard of this and is it just an old wifes tale? Question
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of this - I have awful dark circles which nothing has helped to date, so might give it a try - at least it would be a cheap experiment!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:26 am      Reply with quote
the tanins in the tea bags (preferably the cheap old Liptons) help get rid of puffiness even better than cucumber slices before a night out. it's never done diddly for the dark circles -- although reducing the puffiness does make them less obvious.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hmm...guess those designer green teas won't do the job then?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Hmm...guess those designer green teas won't do the job then?

nope! you need the cheap, strong, black crap. Laughing you know, the stuff no one ever drinks anymore....
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I really don't drink much tea (unless I'm visiting and they only have instant coffee - bleeuch!!). I do have some fruit and herbal teas in the cupboard though - yummy for a change when I've had enough coffee.

I've got some proper tea-bags somewhere though - I'll try this next time I give myself a facemask - sounds nice and relaxing for the eyes at any rate.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Yes this is an old standby in the UK. I have friends who swear by this, and use them for under eye puffiness, and it does give temporary relief. I believe that it is the caffeine in the tea that does the trick. Maybe Green tea could be used instead of black tea.
Ricky
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Green Tea + chamomile is better to soothes sore,tired eyes and heips relieve stress.
COMPTON
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't believe this works. Tyra banks did a special on beauty rumours and i believe this was one of them.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use black and green tea bags quite frequently for my puffy eyes. While they're great for puffy eyes, I don't notice any significant diminishing in dark circles.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard that tea bags will diminish dark circles, but I do know that they work well for puffiness.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Used them since I was a kid for puffy eyes, never for dark circles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Someone told me it should be black tea bag. I tried, but couldn't see the difference.
babygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I use chamomile and black tea bags and they seem to work for tired eyes and puffiness, but not really for dark circles

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also skeptical about this (the teabags). But has anyone tried the gelatin idea in the DIY thread? I think the reasoning behind why it would work makes sense. I'm pretty sure it was Darren who put it up. I even bought some gelatin but never got around to trying it.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I heard of that before. I also remember that use the tea bags to get rid of the pufness around the eyes. I tried it once, however I think it's too messy. the water keeps dripping down on my face.
anysound
5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried it myself, but I've come across the suggestion as a beauty tip several times. Found a site with some scientific explanations on why it works with tea bags and more. Here's a most interesting list on what you can do to relieve puffiness and even dark circles (except when it's due to genetic hyperpigmentation or thin undereye skin):

Quote:
An eye mask is very soothing to swollen puffy eyes. The cold causes vasoconstriction of the skin (the capillaries and blood vessels narrow), lessening the appearance of dark circles.
Black tea bags (with caffeine) work wonders for your weary eyes, too. The tannins in black tea can be helpful for puffy eyes while the caffeine constricts dilated capillaries which helps diminish the dark circles. Tea bags are preferable to cotton pads soaked in tea since they are far more concentrated in tannins. They should be freshly steeped for five minutes and then added to ice water for five to ten minutes to cool them down.
Green tea bags are great for your skin. Be sure to use the same technique of steeping and cooling as described for black tea bags. Green tea is rich in skin-soothing polyphenols and contains caffeine unless specified otherwise.
Chamomile tea bags work wonders, also. Chamomile tea contains bisabolol which is known for its soothing properties. Compresses of these tea bags can help swollen, puffy eyes.
Chilled cucumber slices. Applying chilled cucumber slices to swollen, puffy eyes can be very calming and helpful. The cool temperature will help to constrict the skin blood vessels and capillaries. Whether cucumber slices contain enzymes or not is a subject of debate, however, it works and has cooling astringent properties.
Chilled potato slices. Raw potato slices are used by many and can provide relief to puffy eyes. Since potatoes oxidize and turn brown very quickly after being sliced and exposed to air, and it is unwise to put anything on your skin that is breaking down and oxidizing, keep the potato slices in water right away and refrigerate them overnight.
Preparation H. This hemorrhoid-shrinking cream has an anti-inflammatory effect that also decreases eye swelling. Runway models who used the cream as an all-night partying antidote popularized it some years back. Be careful to avoid eyes since it can be irritating and rinse off after fifteen minutes. Preparation H does not need to be refrigerated.

Preparation H is right up there on the list of alternative skincare uses for products with things like milk of magnesium for sebum absorption and ear drops for teeth whitening. Very Happy

snowbunny wrote:
I heard of that before. I also remember that use the tea bags to get rid of the pufness around the eyes. I tried it once, however I think it's too messy. the water keeps dripping down on my face.

Shake some excess water from the tea bags and place a towel over the rest of your face.
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh - thanks heaps for all the info. Smile
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
i heard about it ,but never try myself Smile
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
i heard about it ,but never try myself Smile
tetyanak
5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Chamomile is great for puffy eyes - I used it on many occasions, and it works! However, I have really dark eye circles and it never helped. My only solution is a good concealer - currently using Biotherm - still no luck in finding an eye cream that works
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember who sent me a sample of Eye Tea.

On the package, it said this eye tea soothes sore, tired eyes and helps relieve stress but it didn't mention about getting rid of dark circles.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |