Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Non-prescription based item to help reduce oil production?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I want to know if there is anything out there that is non-prescription based, that will help in the reduction of oil production? Hopefully a pill, or something to take, to stop it from the inside.

I'm trying to see what is out there, or what you guys also do to help reduce oil production?

This is not a pill, but the oil absorbing strips work really well to soak up excess oil.

But what is there to reduce oil production, besides accutane, that is non-prescription?

If there isn't anything, what can you recommend to help reduce/slow down the production of sebum (oil)?
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have a pretty oily t-zone, but after using a more mild cleanser (cream cleanser by Earth Science) along with jojoba oil before my moisturizer has reduced the oil significantly. Before, when I checked my nose pores 30 minutes after cleansing, I could see wells of oil already forming at the pores. Now it no longer does that. My tzone feels normal. But now my skin is actually dehydrated on my cheeks! I think this is due to too many products on my part. With all the actives I have been using, my cheeks need a break. My skin is now crepey instead of firm. And I am only 27 yrs old.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:48 am      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx

I can't speak from personal experience as I have a drier skin type than yourself, but I've read several oily skin folks swear by jojoba oil and it's "normalizing" abilities.
many oilier skinned folks use emu oil as well with good results.
I know it's hard to comprehend how one can use oil on ones face to become less oily.

I also agree with skim that your cleanser is very important.
cleansers with higher ph (above 6 or 7) and harsh detergents are not recommended for any skin type.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all very much for your replies, I will look into this. I have read about these oils, and they've seem to be hit or miss with people. Smile Thanks again!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know of a magic pill or anything, put using some pearl paste should help absorb oil--- I use it as a primer sometimes and I love it. There's a DIY recipe floating around the board, or you can PM carekate and buy some right from her.

Another thing that really halted the oil production on my face, oddly enough, was the Oxygen Replenish Spray from Zenbiotic. Just spray this stuff on after cleansing and toning, and somehow it really helps to control oil, at least in my experience. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a suggestion that may help you:

Skinn cosmetics has a wonderful mattifier called Orchid Gel. Check it out. Lots of women use this INSTEAD of powder to matte their skin. Its a "no makeup" look. Its purple but doesn't look purple on your skin. It prevents makeup from turning orangey as well and lasts for hours! Love this stuff. The link iswww.skinncosmetics.com
bluebelle
5% products discount

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Topical pantothenic acid reduces sebum production.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
bluebelle wrote:
Topical pantothenic acid reduces sebum production.

Where can I get topical panothenic acid (B5)? That just sounds great! Since B5 works well, from what I've heard, ingested... and without taking those 20 something pills daily, this could be amazing. I hope you can help me further?
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Here is a suggestion that may help you:

Skinn cosmetics has a wonderful mattifier called Orchid Gel. Check it out. Lots of women use this INSTEAD of powder to matte their skin. Its a "no makeup" look. Its purple but doesn't look purple on your skin. It prevents makeup from turning orangey as well and lasts for hours! Love this stuff. The link iswww.skinncosmetics.com

Thank you, I will definitely also look into this, sounds rather interesting.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of people like Decleor's Y'lang Y'lang oil for reduction of sebum. Some stores like Nordstrom will give you a sample for free.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Where can you find jojoba oil? Do I have to buy it at a health food store?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor's Ylang -Ylang oil and neroli oil is work for my oily skin Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I read a lot on EDS about Decleor. I was raving on Sonya Dakar Omega 3 serum and found it balanced my out my T-Zone.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |