Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Salon brand products -- buy at salon, drugstore, elsewhere?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
For those that use salon brand products (such as Aveda, Paul Mitchell, etc.) -- do you buy from a salon or wherever you can get the best deal? Do you think there's a difference in quality if you don't buy from the salon?

I buy my stuff online (to get best prices) and haven't noticed any difference in quality.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I have heard that drugstores who sell salon brands like biosilk etc. are ripoffs of the products. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I buy Aveda stuff at the supermarket all the time. The price is unbeatable. Aveda (and all the salon brands) always have this little disclaimer that if the product isn't sold by an Aveda authorized dealer blah blah.

It's bs. The products aren't counterfeits. Clearly they're purchased as job lots or overstocks. I've never had a single problem with the quality and the products are half the regular price or better. Wink
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I always buy online too, to get the best prices. I've never thought that any item I've purchased that way was not a geniune product.
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I always buy my Aveda products at the salon.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
CVS sold aveda line and sometimes, they have extra buck on items. That can save alot of money!
I just bought 8 bottles of paul mitchell's and biolage shampoos and conditioner package for half prices, which are around 9.00 from tradesecret. They are having sale on all the christmas gift package. Good sale since those can be around 25 dollars worth of items per package.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've read that if grocery or drug stores sell "name brand" items...there is some defect with them...like the ingredients aren't as good or "salon quality".
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't get any deals. I use Karestese and I have never seen them on sale. Sad
Lola33
5% products discount

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think "name brand" you can get from drugstores or superstores are bad. They smell and feel the same as the product you get in the salon. But way cheaper!
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kind of adding on from what vonstella and bex had said, is that for things to be sold at WalMart, they need to abide by a set of rules set by WalMart corp. For this, many things such as candy companies (snickers, twizzlers, etc.) will not taste the same as the ones you would purchase at the more 'high end' supermarket. The reason is that Walmart will not purchase a huge lot of item that they have to pay top dollar for, they are all about discounts. So, certain guidelines are set by WalMart to companies as to affecting the sale price of the product at a WalMart store location. Thus, creates a cut down on the 'good stuff' a product potentially may have. And companies go by these rules because they know what a huge giant WalMart is, and how huge of a profit their product can receive just from being on WalMarts shelves. Or at least that's what they teach you in business school..... Laughing

But, I totally see how this reasoning can be seen as legit. I just wonder how far places like WalMart take it (candy/food/skincare/makeup/etc.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
i always get them online from hqhair.com
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I've bought "salon" brands from drugstores in the States many, many times and they have always seemed to be exactly the same quality as the same products from a salon - we don't tend to get the same choices in drugstores in the UK though Sad .
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I always buy my products online and find they are the same as salon or store bought.
I buy from reputable source.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Maureenall wrote:
Hi, I always buy my products online and find they are the same as salon or store bought.
I buy from reputable source.

I use Pureology and Enjoy hair brands. I don't find those in the drugstore or grocery store. Maureenall, may I ask what source you use?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |