Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What exfoliant are you all using?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I am nearing the end of my epidermx II full size jar and I am not sure I will repurchase. I really can't tell if it has done anything at all for my skin using it daily as instructed. I have been trying to lighten some freckles, so 1 day I used the Epidermx II and then right afterwards I used the Ice Elements 2MM. I got a lot of balling up with the IE product. I have done this quite a few times now with the same results, so I am wondering how much exfoliation I am getting with the Epidermx II. Anyway, what is everyone using here as an exfoliant and how often do you use it?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I use EpidermxII everyday and I SWEAR by it. Using it every day along with Chrysalyx twice a day has totally transformed my skin, so now I just can't be without out! If you feel you need more exfoliation from it, maybe you could try using slightly more product, or scrubbing for slightly longer? HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
If you have good skin, you can't tell if a product is doing anything.

I've been using Paula's Choice 2% BHA as an exfoliator because of my large pores and I get the occasional breakout. This stuff has totally got rid of the blackheads on my nose.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
lactic acid and Yourx skincare scrub.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
the stuff i use are very basic formulations....

for pore work, the bha's (all leave on products)

~ exfol serum aloe base (gentle leave on 2% salicylic acid @ 3.2 ph)

for more bang:
~ diana yvonnes 2% SA alcohol base ph 1.9

rarely use, but keep in the "arsenal":
~ diana yvonnes 5% SA alcohol base ph 1.9

for age spots, and surface stuff - AHA:
~ diana yvonees 10% lactic acid gel ph 1.9

I also have a sample of 40% lactic (1.9), but haven't opened yet. this can be added to my 10% if I need something stronger.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl I'm doing the same thing you are - we're twins Laughing I notice more of a difference w/ the EII than 2mm. I'm still getting lots of balling up though. the EII "feels" like it's more thorough and since I've added it about 2 wks ago I've seen a BIG difference Exclamation
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Im using 10% Mandelic acid once a day and sometimes again at night on really congested areas. Its by far the best thing I have ever done for my skin, its addressing every issue I have; texture, breakouts, blackheads, freckles, oil production and Im noticing a very healthy glow! Dancing Its been the closest thing to a miracle for me!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I will do some research on these other products mentioned and make a decision!

tsjmom - why do you think the IE 2MM is still balling up after the EPII? I guess I am confused by this and since I really am not noticing anything major improving in my skin after almost a full jar, I was wondering how much exfoliation I am truly getting with the EPII.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have just a few more questions. Vonstella - what mandelic acid product are you using? And, bubbleoffplum - that 10% lactic acid, do you leave that on overnight, or wash off after a while?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I have just a few more questions. Vonstella - what mandelic acid product are you using? And, bubbleoffplum - that 10% lactic acid, do you leave that on overnight, or wash off after a while?

Im using the skincare central brand b/c I wanted the cleanest formulation possible. It does have organic grape alcohol but its not harsh at all.

Ingredients: Distilled water, seaweed extract, 10% mandelic acid, 5% lactic acid, organic grape alcohol.

http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-exfoliators.html

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried most BHA formula from PC and I think the one I like the most is the 1% lotion. I've got to say it helped a lot on my pimples several years ago.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks vonstella, that looks like a great product!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've stopped using facial scrubs. I've been using Ice Elements 2 Minute Miracle to exfoliate my skin. I love this stuff!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ice Elements 2 Minute Miracle is on back order Sad . At least the samples are anyway. I was so excited to try it too. Sometime in Jan. they said...

Meanwhile I'm using good ol' JB Green Apple Peel. Once in a blue moon I use Burt's Bees Citrus Scrub but only if I have flakies.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've no idea rileygirl why I'm still getting tons of balls w/ the 2mm. I'm wondering if it's the product and not skin?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I havent felt the need for extra exfoliation since I started using Clarisonic.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom - my exact question! Well, in another thread on EPII, one person said they felt a slight film after using the EPII. I am wondering if the EPII leaves something behind, hence the balling with the IE, but then, it would be product and not skin balling, which I did not think was supposed to happen! Oh, well, I will keep researching different things. I may also play around with something similar to EPII and then use the IE 2MM and see if I still get balling or not!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot answer your question because I never tried it. As for myself, I have a sample of Cellcosmet exfoliator and I use prescribed chemical exfoliator (Vit. A Acid cream), also a perfect mix of Cetaphil with Baking Soda.

The mix is totally in my control, so I can make the strength strong or weak.

I bought and tried MD Formumlations face & body scrub. That is comparable to Cellcosmet and Cetaphil mixed with Baking Soda.

Love them all Exclamation
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just used Dr.H.cleansing cream for my exfoliant
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all who have replied! I have many products to check out now!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella, doesn't the seaweed extract in the mandelic serum break you out? I want to try mandelic but every serum (including the Mama lotion) has seaweed extract in it which breaks alot of people out me included - any one has any idea why the seaweed has to be in the formulation?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Vonstella, doesn't the seaweed extract in the mandelic serum break you out? I want to try mandelic but every serum (including the Mama lotion) has seaweed extract in it which breaks alot of people out me included - any one has any idea why the seaweed has to be in the formulation?

I have never heard this, can you post a link?

No, its not breaking me out.

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some direct quotes on seaweed extract:

"natural antibacterial seaweed extract"

"Seaweed Extract (Fucus Vesiculosis) source: USA Seaweed extracts help to reduce sebaceous hyper-secretion and regulate pH levels of the skin. Seaweeds are biological factories containing some thirty different micronutrients. They form a film with the skin proteins, maintaining optimal hydration. Like many other ocean-based organisms, it delivers a variety of beneficial minerals and nutrients to improve skin tone and texture. Seaweed extract is a wonderful detoxifier and increases skin elasticity while it tones and repairs damaged skin.

I think that what you are thinking about is when people EAT seaweed, it contains iodine which can cause acne flare ups. Applying it to your skin has positive results.

bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
And, bubbleoffplum - that 10% lactic acid, do you leave that on overnight, or wash off after a while?

wave for an all over face treatment - no, i do not leave this on overnight. i tried to work up to that, but it ended up being too drying for my skin. so about 10- ish minutes, then wash her off.

i do, however, leave it on when spot treating any age erm... time-honored spots. Wink
when i was being a bit more agressive, I noticed (in addition to the aforementioned dryness) one or two spots around my nose area literally flaked off, so I've been using this on occasion w/ cp's to tackle those bad boys.
(just a bit of a side note here - they do look worse before they look better.)

faithtruth -
if you're looking for a mandelic acid formulation w/o seaweed, you may want to check out '"vivant mandelic acid"
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much bubbleoffplum!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |