Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Teeth whitening with ear Drops
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kweenie

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new here. I was looking for Go Smile reviews on google and this forum came up. So, while trying to "save money", I fell for the ear drops thing. Don't do it, only if you are brave. I am in the UK and used ear drops here which worked almost fine, until the gel went into my gums, I could see it bubbling away and my gums going *white* - not my teeth. So I quickly washed it off with water by the sink fo a few minutes. I am not sure what it will look like 2mrw - its a bit sore.
Just use normal teeth whitening products. At least if anything happens you can go to the manufacturer etc. You can't exactly say anything if you lose all your teeth from using a bottle clearly marked "Ear Drops" for whitening your teeth.
My 2 cents! Happy whitening. I am just ordering my Go Smile now.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Just be more careful with your application next time. The white gums fades away.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
And, your teeth will NOT fall out. I've been using this since I read the thread and LOVE what it does for my coffee-drinker's/smoker's teeth. I also remember my old dentist recommending adding a little hydrogen peroxide periodically to my brushing routine for my gums.

But, then, I also know what happens when hydrogen peroxide encounters bare tissue or bacteria-it foams and makes the tissue turn white temporarily. It always goes away.

Just MY 2cents.

Ari

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Arielle, would you mind if I ask what brand you are using? do you find it as effective as something like GoSmile?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Ear Drops??? Why would ear drops whiten your teeth?

I've had some samples from EDS of Glow White and yes they did make a difference, but I'm careful what I use to whiten my teeth as my dentist said most is too abrasive.

As you're in the UK too, have you tried Sensodyne gentle whitening toothpaste? That's pretty good.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
LOL! Sorry I meant Go Smile!! Glow White is used to whiten net curtains!! Not recommended on your teeth! LOL! Smile
Kweenie

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I saw a post here about ear drops. But I use Beverly hills formula. I'm ordering my Go Smile from Nordstrom today.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I use the GlycoCleanse (or something like that) which is an oral cleanser.

It's one of the two DIY for teeth whitening. It sometimes stings but it's made for oral cleansing so I know it's safe.

The gum whitening is VERY temporary and the ear cleaner is not as strong as the oral cleanser so you're fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Arielle, would you mind if I ask what brand you are using? do you find it as effective as something like GoSmile?

Hi, havana

I'm only just seeing your post. I used the Murine Ear Drops but didn't care for the taste. The GlyOxide gagged me. I have a low gag-threshold. So, I tried Debrox Ear Drops. They have the same active ingredient as Murine and other ear drops - Carbamide Peroxide 6.5% and citric acid but have added a "flavor" (LOL).

GoSmile works very well if a little slowly. But, it doesn't do anything for tar (for smokers like me). The Debrox works much better for me.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a story on teeth whiteners (like Dateline or something). They said that products like Go Smile don't work very well since it doesn't stay on your teeth as a tray would do, or Crest White strips.

That explains my lack of results with Go Smile (used it before I saw the story, what a costly mistake!)...Crest White Strips were much better and MUCH cheaper!

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Do you find you have tooth sensitivity from the Debrox? I get excruciating sensitivity using the Crest Whitestrips.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
No, while I do have tooth sensitivity from time to time from sugar, I haven't noticed any increase with either the Murine or the Debrox.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
A good way to get this whitening effect is to put a drop of it on to your toothbrush and brush regularly.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
It definately goes away. The same thing happened when I whitened my teeth with the molded tooth trays I got from my dentist, and the whitener that came with it. If I put too much in the tray it would come in contact with the gum and whiten them, make them a little sore, but it always goes away. That stuff was a hundred dollars, the ear drops are around 6. So, its pretty much a no brainer for me.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kweenie wrote:
Just use normal teeth whitening products. At least if anything happens you can go to the manufacturer etc. You can't exactly say anything if you lose all your teeth from using a bottle clearly marked "Ear Drops" for whitening your teeth.
My 2 cents! Happy whitening. I am just ordering my Go Smile now.

Hah. I got really sore gums from using Go Smile. My gums actually receded a bit. I kept emailing them to try and ask one of their dental experts about it. I finally got a reply from someone (definitely not a dental expert) and all they seemed to think was that I wanted a refund and told me to go back to the retailer. A refund was the last thing on my mind, I just wanted to get some advice from one of their dentists.

BTW I too am in the UK.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
It definately goes away. The same thing happened when I whitened my teeth with the molded tooth trays I got from my dentist, and the whitener that came with it. If I put too much in the tray it would come in contact with the gum and whiten them, make them a little sore, but it always goes away. That stuff was a hundred dollars, the ear drops are around 6. So, its pretty much a no brainer for me.

The whitening product is only about $30 at a dentist. the TRAYS are expensive. I just googled some "boil-n-bite" trays from the internet and used DAYWHITE from Ebay at $16.99 free shipping. Once I was in a hurry to get some and just picked some up from my dentist and I had to pay $30. But never $100
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Kweenie wrote:
I saw a post here about ear drops. But I use Beverly hills formula. I'm ordering my Go Smile from Nordstrom today.

Kweenie, how do you manage to get stuff from Nordstrom if you live in the UK? *eagerly awaits answer with bated breath*!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com, no kidding? I'm calling my dentist right now to check it out. The ear drops work great, but no where near as well as that stuff from my dentist, and for only 30 bucks? It lasted me over a year, once I got the initial seven days over, just had to maintain.
So thats why it cost me 100 the first time, for those trays. Don't remember if she told me that info or not.
Thanks.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
Kweenie wrote:

Kweenie, how do you manage to get stuff from Nordstrom if you live in the UK? *eagerly awaits answer with bated breath*!

daisy - I may be completely wrong here, but I think I read somewhere that Nordstrom will send stuff out to you if you phone them directly, rather than try to order on-line.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've whitened my teeth plenty of times ( I love drinking cola!), in office and at home. I have custom mouth trays . The best at home whitening I think is Dr. George's Dental White.I don't like the Crest whitestrips because they only bleach the front teeth and slip. With all whitening products you increase your risks of sensitivity so it's good to get prescription fluoride from your dentist. Prescription flouride is around $10 and well worth every cent.
havana8

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I forgot about this ear drops for tooth whitening thread from Carekate and others....

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=193
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I used Murine ear drops last night in my upper mouth tray (my bottom tray doesn't fit too well)...it's like a gel but not thick. I placed a small amount in my tray...just a little went above my tray once put on, I wiped the excess drops off my gums, left them in for only 15 minutes and noticed a difference. Really surprised and happy with the results!
Kweenie

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi, sorry I didn't respond about making orders if you are in the UK. I usually select items and put them in the shopping cart (online), then I call them, because the Nordstrom website doesn't accept UK orders.
They send the order out to you via DHL and the service is second to none. Usually takes about 3 -4 days to arrive.
I always buy stuff from there.
Now, about Go Smile
I got mine, finally, BUT, although it worked to a certain extent, I wouldn't say "wow". My teeth are not stained from coffee, tea, fizzy drinks, smoking - because I don't do any of that. They are just not very white, but not stained so maybe that's why I felt I did not see any difference or much of a difference, especially now that it has run out.
Personally, if you have normal teeth, but just want them extra white, I would look elsewhere.
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bex, you've inspired me to do mine too! I have Murine and trays at home but never imagined ear drops could whiten my teeth, yay!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |