Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lancome's New Mascara!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I'm drooling all over my keyboard:
http://www.lancome-usa.com/_us/_en/catalog/ProductMakeupAccessories_CD.aspx?prdcode=999965&categorycode=AXEMakeup^F1_Mascara^F2_Mas_Mascara^F3_Mas_Mas_DefLengthVolum&vname=name&&cm_mmc=Email-_-122606MegaSample-_-CilsDesignPro-_-NEWYEAR

What do you guys think? Has anyone actually tested it? I'm dying to try it, but spending $20 for a mascara was already a stretch for me--- I'm not sure I can justify $35!!! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
My own personal opinion - what is the difference between this and using a lash comb after your mascara? Or say using fatale after your mascara? The comb on the other end doesn't seem even so I'd be worried about clumping my lashes up in bunches when using that. Also I don't think it's worth 35$ just by adding a comb wand at the end.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
i can't wait to see the reviews for this one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
as someone who's always misplacing her lash comb, this intrigues me....
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:45 am      Reply with quote
That does seem to be a clever idea - I don't wear mascara very often, but always comb my lashes when I do as I hate to see even a hint of clumping!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I once splurged on Lancome mascara and spent $35. It was OK but nothing more. The $10-12 mascara I've be using for the last 2-3 years does 10X more for my lashes and my eyes.
And BTW - I always use old, used-up mascara brushes to comb my lashes - much cheaper with the same effect.
Good luck!
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a few very hyped up Lancome mascaras and have decided they are a complete waste of money. Honestly, the drugstore brands are ALOT better
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
It sounds interesting, but I would like to see reviews before I try it.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
I've tried a few very hyped up Lancome mascaras and have decided they are a complete waste of money. Honestly, the drugstore brands are ALOT better

Lancome mascara has pretty good rep - Ive tried Hypnose (I think that was what it was called) and it was unremarkable. Not bad, but nothing to sing about either...I think that most mascaras are mediocre - I haven't tried anything that really turned my cork (Dior Show is good, I guess)....my most recent letdown is the L'Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara - the only thing shocking about it is how completely lousy it is!! I was "shocked" indeed - I didn't think a mascara could be as sloppy, gloppy and clumpy as this stuff. Stay away from it - it is hands down the WORST mascara I have ever used!
Pudoodles
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I've used Lancome mascara before. I'll stick with the drugstore brands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
The only reason I would even CONSIDER buying this expensive, hyped-up mascara is because recently I have become flat-out addicted to Fatale, Lancome's other new, hyped-up mascara. I admit it, the first 10 times or so that I used Fatale I hated it and thought it was a total waste of money, but now that I've gotten the hang of it, I find myself reaching for it every day. The false-lash effect it gives me makes my Diorshow mascara look pitifully natural, LOL. In fact, when my sister saw me recently when I was wearing Fatale she thought I was wearing false eye lashes. So, since I've enjoyed Fatale so much, it's definitely made me consider the newer, more expensive version. Please keep your thoughts coming!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
If it works that well for you - keep it up

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am drooling as well! But realistically, Lancome mascaras are great but you can easily find cheaper versions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
My mother in law showed me this one while I was back in MI...she NEVER shows me her makeup purchases, but she was really excited about this.

I toyed with it, but ended up buying the Max Factor Lash Perfection (recommended from another thread) and love it. It was only around 6 bucks Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
wow - looks neat ... I'd try it!

I've used Lancome for over 20 years now. I do think it's the best overall brand but find myself going towards some of the more "interesting" products like Longcils cake mascara, DiorShow, Bourjois Maxi Frange, Duwop Lash Laquer, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
The only reason I would even CONSIDER buying this expensive, hyped-up mascara is because recently I have become flat-out addicted to Fatale, Lancome's other new, hyped-up mascara. I admit it, the first 10 times or so that I used Fatale I hated it and thought it was a total waste of money, but now that I've gotten the hang of it, I find myself reaching for it every day. The false-lash effect it gives me makes my Diorshow mascara look pitifully natural, LOL. In fact, when my sister saw me recently when I was wearing Fatale she thought I was wearing false eye lashes. So, since I've enjoyed Fatale so much, it's definitely made me consider the newer, more expensive version. Please keep your thoughts coming!

Liz

Does Fatale smudge? I have not found a single regular mascara that does not smudge unless it is a fiber one eg like Blinc.

Is Fatale hard to remove?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

Liz

Does Fatale smudge? I have not found a single regular mascara that does not smudge unless it is a fiber one eg like Blinc.

Is Fatale hard to remove?

Hi ninety nine! I haven't had any problems with Fatale smudging, which is a big plus for me. As for it being hard to remove.... sorta. It just deposits SO much more pigment than normal mascaras (it's the deepest, glossiest black ever), so you have to be very thorough when removing it, but it does emulsify easily with cleansing oil or eye makeup remover. HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am sure this is a great mascara, b/c none of lancome's mascaras have dissapointed me so far. It really is quite pricey though Sad
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, I can't believe you guys consider a mascara that is around $30 expensive!!

For the same products, high end mascaras in New Zealand cost at least $50, even $80!!! Shock Shock
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |