Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

glotherapeutics Gentle Enzyme Exfoliant (73 ml / 2.5 floz) Skeyndor Essential Wheat Germ Oil Nourishing Cream (50 ml) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)
how to calm my sensitive skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sailimu

Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
my skin become quite sensitive now, so many red patchs are on my cheeks and I even can't touch it. no matter what I put on it, it is just painful. is there any product which can alleviate the sensitivity of the skin? thanks!!
Caspers Mum

Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I would encourage you to use something to calm the skin first, such as Dermalogica's Soothing Skin Booster. Phytomer Accept Soothing Skin Creme and Dermalogica's Barrier Repir are excellent protective, calming moisturizers too.
angel
5% products discount

Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
i'm using thalgo soothing cream mask and it's fantastic for my very sensitive and congested skin. you can also try peter thomas roth sensitive skin cleanser.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Try to use the product which contain aloe vera that can help the clam down the sensitivity...
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I can second the Dermalogica Barrie Repair recommendation. I used a sample of this when my skin was really irritated and it felt so soothing. I probably wouldn't use it everyday because it has a lot of silicones but I am planning on buying some soon.

sailimu may I ask what is causing your skin to be so sensitive?
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
sailimu - It's hard to suggest anything without knowing what you've been using and what may have caused your red patches. I'd suspect you've had an allergic reaction to something.

I've got sensitive skin and have recently had a horrible bout of red prickly bumps that turned into scaly patches that were dry and itchy. Nothing helped until I changed cleansers, giving Burts Bees Orange Essence cleanser a try. After one wash, the dryness was less and the itchiness was gone. I then used a vaseline-type moisturiser and my skin felt very soothed. It's been 3 days since changing my routine and the scaly patches are almost all gone now Smile

So my initial suggestion is that you use a gentle moisturising cleanser and try to find a moisturiser with calming ingredients. Dermalogica has some pretty good ones, or Decleor.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I find organic Rosehip Oil or Evening Primrose oil work excellently. They do not aggravate the skin but instead calm the itchiness and dryness sensitive skin sometimes gets, reduce redness, even out skin tone, help with scarring and discolouration, add essential fatty acids to the skin and help give you back that healthy glow. Taking a supplement of Evening Primrose oil or any other that is high in GLAs will help too.
adropoflavender

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sailimu!

About 6 weeks ago I had a terrible reaction to some products that I bought 'cos I was broke! I think I gave myself a chemical peel after a week of using them...a thin layer of skin peeled all over my face and then it was horrible- tight, shiny and red as well as sore to touch. This was all fixed with a trip to my local Guerlain consultant!

Issima SOS Serum healed/fixed/helped within a few days. I have really learned a lesson as it has been a very expensive exercise in repairing the damage. The SOS range isn't cheap, but my skin hasn't looked this good in years.

There's lots of sound advice here, so I hope you find something to help soon Smile Good Luck Exclamation
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Root Resilience Nourishing Scalp Conditioner (177 ml / 6 floz) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Gift Set (coffret) Thalgo Marine Shower Gel (250 ml / 8.45 floz)