Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Happy Feet - Wonderful Movie
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I recently went and saw Happy Feet and really loved it. I was amazed at how well the picture was made and the incredible sight of thousands of penguins dancing on the ice. I don't think it matters what age you are, you couldn't help but enjoy this picture.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Good to know, bushy. I want to see this but 12yo doesn't. Looks like another one for my rental list! Very Happy Thanks for mentioning.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I 100% agree bushy Very Happy Fabulous music and two great lessons for kids of all ages: 1. Take care of the environment, and 2. It's okay to be different - be proud of who you are Very Happy
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
We took my niece and 2 nephews to this and everyone loved it, esp. my niece. (8 yrs. old) I thought it was well done and very entertaining. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
You know, one of our very own forum members - Poofybabypenguin - was the featured actor in that film! Very Happy
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Feet is STILL my desktop wallpaper! Given my short attention span, that means something! The soundtrack is amazing. Brittany Murphy can actually sing! so nice so nice!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to see that but I always thought that some of the penguins die...is it a documentary? I can't even stomach animals in the wild preying on each other for survival..It makes me feel like crying (yes, I know I'm a sap)...I would just hate to see any of the penguins getting hurt (they are such amazing little guys, aren't they?!)...Even simulated violence towards animals or simulations of animals dying (even naturally) upsets me...(Yes, I felt sorry for Bambi).
Pudoodles
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I saw it with my nephews (ages 3 and 6); they loved it and so did I. Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles, there are no dying penguins or penguins that get hurt. There is a moral to the story but the whole movie is generally lighthearted and quite funny in places. And yes, the music is great as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
DYING PENGUINS??? The horror of that thought!!! I think my heart skipped 3 beats Confused

nono happy feet is mostly very happy with a little sad moment followed by happy moments again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Pudoodles, there are no dying penguins or penguins that get hurt. There is a moral to the story but the whole movie is generally lighthearted and quite funny in places. And yes, the music is great as well.

Well that is great then!! I will see this for sure! The advertisements were wonderful - I look forward to seeing it! THanks, Bushy Very Happy
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
DYING PENGUINS??? The horror of that thought!!! I think my heart skipped 3 beats Confused

nono happy feet is mostly very happy with a little sad moment followed by happy moments again.

Breathe...poofybabypenguin...breathe.... Laughing Seriously though, the notion of these little fellas being hurt just slays me...I really wouldn't have been able to see it if there was any death...I even cried as a child when Frosty the Snowman melted (every year up until I was 10!! Embarassed )
Pudoodles
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Laughing speaking of sad moments in cartoons, I was in the theatre watching the first Ice Age *SPOILER COMING UP* and Diego (the tiger dude) died towards the end. This child started bawling and wailing and his parents didn't want to disturb the rest of the audience and took him out of the theatre (to get some ice cream to cheer him up perhaps Very Happy ). However, Diego didn't actually die and came back within the last 5 minutes and it was the happiest ending Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
But now I wonder about that child and hope that he gets a chance to finish the movie or he'll be traumatized forever!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |