Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Shampoo for fine hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I have fine hair (and lots of it).
I am after a new shampoo and conditioner. and need some suggestions please.

I currently use and like:
Phyto Joboba shampoo, L'Occitane Angelica, Wella SP Moisturising and Paul Brown Washe.

Thank you.
Very Happy
Emma x
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I have fine hair and like Phytocyane and Mane N'Tail.
havana8

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
John Masters Lavender Rosemary Sage Shampoo with either the Citrus & Neroli or Peppermint & Rosemary Detangler––very lightweight but super detangling and leaves the hair with lots of bounce...
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
John Masters Lavender Rosemary Sage Shampoo with either the Citrus & Neroli or Peppermint & Rosemary Detangler––very lightweight but super detangling and leaves the hair with lots of bounce...

This sounds like it would smell really good.

I have fine hair and like:
Pureology Volume
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=94183&catid=11936&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=11936&trxp2=94183&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH
Shaklee Prosante Revitalizing Shampoo
http://www.shaklee.com/product/Shampoo
Wella Color Preserve Volumizing
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=159548&catid=73395&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=73395&trxp2=159548&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH
Biolage Color Care
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=77450&catid=10345&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=10345&trxp2=77450&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Phytocane!
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I have thick hair... and I always look for a way to make it thinner. LOL.

Try paul mitchael?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
... and another vote for Phytocane.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
My friend have very fine hair, however her hair is still very soft and shiny. She told me that Biolage shampoo is her secret, which is expensive compare to most of the drug store shampoo.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have very fine hair, and for volume and shine I swear by Pureology Volume (expensive, but worth it!), and Alba Hawaiian Honeydew hairwash (affordable and amazing!). HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all of your help.
Very Happy
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
You will think I'm crazy, but classic clean head and shoulders is the best shampoo I've used. Why? Because it starts at the scalp and makes the ph of your skin balanced. In effect, it makes your hair balanced, non-oily, very smooth, and shiney, all at the same time. Wonderful, I wouldn't use anything else!
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mane N Tail has helped my mother with her hair loss & has thickened it considerably. Verseo also sells shampoo that is 79% success rate in growing/thickening hair.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx wrote:
You will think I'm crazy, but classic clean head and shoulders is the best shampoo I've used. Why? Because it starts at the scalp and makes the ph of your skin balanced. In effect, it makes your hair balanced, non-oily, very smooth, and shiney, all at the same time. Wonderful, I wouldn't use anything else!

Sulfur, a main ingredient in dandruff shampoos, does help with hair growth. The only problem is that sulfur can be a bit drying.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
i use pureology volume too...i have super fine hair too, but unfortunately not a lot of it Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
just saw big sale in tradesecret store and I saw Nioxin brand for hair thinning, anybody tried on this before?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried different Nioxin products but find that never work and are very drying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
ops... should I return it then? Sad
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
my mom had extremely fine hair, and she uses the kerastase volume line. Kate bosworth also swears by it--she also has very fine, damaged hair. you might want to try their age-reconstruct conditioner if your hair is both fine and damaged, as it is part of the volume line but not drying at all.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Boy, I'm going to have to try the Mane N Tail. I used Nioxin for a couple of years. I don't think it helped me at all. And, I think 2 years is a good enough trial.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have long, fine hair that gets easily weighed down and oily-looking if I put styling products in it. I am really liking Matrix's Bodifying shampoo these days (got a big, big bottle on sale at a Trade Secrets). I also really love Jason's Natural Jojoba Shampoo. You'd think it would be too heavy and moisturizing, but for some reason it adds just enough moisture to my hair to make it soft and lie perfectly "so", but not so much that it's weighed down.

Another piece of advice is something the magazines always preach and is very true: only put conditioner on the tips of your hair. I've used even heavy-duty conditioner this way and it's never made my hair flat.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
when you said Matrix, that includes biolage line, correct?
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have lots of fine hair and I loved Aromachologie from L'Occitane. I color my hair and I felt like it pulled off the color too fast so I stopped using it. I my hair dresser even commented that my hair felt and looked thicker than ever. I have been using Aveda Shampure and Burts Bees Color Keeper adn they are both ok but not great. One thing that has helped me is to not use a conditioner in the shower but rather a spray leave-in type conditioner. Wella has worked well.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the great tips.
Very Happy
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Alchemy Mandarin shampoo which is for fine hair, & it I think it adds some bounce & volume to my hair without being to heavy. I also the citrus herbal scent! Smile
scrabble-and-tea
5% products discount

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Caudalie gentle conditioning shampoo gave my hair surprising volume. I wouldn't describe it as conditioning, just totally non-stripping. It also kept my hair cleaner for longer (and I have oily hair ...... weird, huh!)

Also, Lush's Daddy-O shampoo, is good for volume and you can buy small, 100ml, bottles for not very much. It also smells of violets (!! Very Happy ) and is good for blondes because the purple colour takes away brassiness. The lemon infusion makes your hair shine, but might be bad for coloured or dry hair.

HTH.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |