Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ojon vs Pureology
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
First off, I have to say that my hair is quite thick, color-treated (brunette) can get a little frizzy in damp weather, and dry on the ends in the winter.
I purchased the Ojon Ultra Hydrating shampoo and conditioner, and the Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner 3 months ago so I could do a little experiment.
The reviews on these 2 products were really good, so I wanted to try them both.
Anyway, I used the Ojon for the first month and then switched to the Pureology for the second month, then used my old drugstore shampoo (ugh!) for two weeks and then alternated the Ojon and Pureology for the last 2 weeks.
I have concluded that both of these products are great, (at least on my hair). They both left my hair shiny, although the Ojon faired a little better in this department, they both made my hair extremely healthy, no frizz or dryness, and neither made my hair lank or greasy. It was still very full, and just looked really great!
My final choice really came down to expense and ease of purchase. Since the Ojon had to be purchased off the net, with S&H it came to about $20 more than the Pureology, which I can buy at my neighborhood mall for $52 for the pair.
So, although I love both of these products, I'll continue to purchase the Pureology. I may however buy the Ojon occasionally just to switch it up so my hair doesn't get too used to any one product! Laughing

I give both of these products 5 stars and a big thumbs-up! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your review! I use Pureology as well. I'd rather pay less for a shampoo, but this helps my hair color last.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Thank you for your review! I use Pureology as well. I'd rather pay less for a shampoo, but this helps my hair color last.

I agree, good shampoo really makes a difference in holding a color. I also find it makes it much healthier looking too! I will definitely keep using it even if it is a little pricy. I think it's worth it! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
If you belong to Costco you might check there for Ojon. It isn't available at the one near me but some stores do carry it, most likely at a better price.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a complete, unabashed Ojonaholic. This stuff has breathed new life into my hair - I use the whole line now and my hair frigging shines. It is awesome stuff. It doesn't weigh your hair down (even when you use their shine serum) - there is no nasty build up - no gluehead blues....I never thought my hair could look so healthy! My hair feels like it did when I was a kid! I've never tried pureology before but if it is half as good as Ojon then it must be stellar to say the least!
Pudoodles
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Never heard about both brands, any idea where I can get them besides costco? I am not Costco member Sad
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
Never heard about both brands, any idea where I can get them besides costco? I am not Costco member Sad

Hi Fishzebby - I have no idea where you can find pureology (but I sure am curious about it now!)..I get Ojon from the Canadian Shopping Channel...
HTH
Pudoodles
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love Pureology shampoos and conditoners! They make my hair feel clean and soft...plus they are vegan friendly Smile
tl
5% products discount

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use Pureology for my thin fine hair and like it except for the price Sad I just bought the Paves (see drug store finds thread) as it doesn't have the sulfites and added chemicals that Pureology espouses as well for 1/4 of the price Smile One would think that not having as many chemicals they would make it smell better Confused but it still feels great!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
tl wrote:
I use Pureology for my thin fine hair and like it except for the price Sad I just bought the Paves (see drug store finds thread) as it doesn't have the sulfites and added chemicals that Pureology espouses as well for 1/4 of the price Smile One would think that not having as many chemicals they would make it smell better Confused but it still feels great!

tl-
I liked Paves too, you said you have fine hair, you should try the Burt's Bees Baby Bee No Spill Shampoo Bar, it works wonders on giving my usually flat hair alot of lift and body. I dont even need a conditioner afterwards.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:09 am      Reply with quote
These are the two brands that I would just love to try but unfortunately neither are available in Oz. I am so glad to see the two compared as I was trying to make up my mind which one to try and order from overseas. And I still can't choose. I am just hoping that EDS might carry one of these brands which would just make the choice so easy for me.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi- I'm a newbie but on reading this post felt I had to share something with you all (I've already learned so much from you guys). I have just posted on another board about how I was dying to try the Ojon oil- but someone on that board had posted stating that it's main ingredient - i.e. the 'ojon oil' is just American palm oil. I could only get African palm oil off THE auction site - cost nothing really - couple of pounds for a big jar - my hair was really damaged a couple of weeks ago- along with CAT extreme, this palm oil has transformed my hair. So if you want to save dollars try googling the ingredients of Ojon and checking out American palm oil! Hope this helps and thanks for everyones tips- they have definitely helped me! amanda
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
AmandaW wrote:
Hi- I'm a newbie but on reading this post felt I had to share something with you all (I've already learned so much from you guys). I have just posted on another board about how I was dying to try the Ojon oil- but someone on that board had posted stating that it's main ingredient - i.e. the 'ojon oil' is just American palm oil. I could only get African palm oil off THE auction site - cost nothing really - couple of pounds for a big jar - my hair was really damaged a couple of weeks ago- along with CAT extreme, this palm oil has transformed my hair. So if you want to save dollars try googling the ingredients of Ojon and checking out American palm oil! Hope this helps and thanks for everyones tips- they have definitely helped me! amanda

Very interesting info, Amanda Smile I wonder if it is true...if the main Ojon ingredient was from the US wouldn't it be illegal for them to advertise otherwise? Their whole marketing schtick is underpinned by this supposed unique oil....makes me wonder...at any rate, I'm very intrigued by your results!
Pudoodles
AmandaW

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting info, Amanda I wonder if it is true...if the main Ojon ingredient was from the US wouldn't it be illegal for them to advertise otherwise? Their whole marketing schtick is underpinned by this supposed unique oil....makes me wonder...at any rate, I'm very intrigued by your results!
Pudoodles

Pudoodles - I just googled and read Ojon is Canadian based company therefore subject to different laws?? I'm in UK so not sure. If someone here has Ojon restorative treatment maybe they can confirm (or you can google) first ingredient is Elaeis Oleifera. This has common name of American palm oil. I could not find in UK but got close relative- Elaeis Guineensis very easily off net and very very cheap for good sized pot (100% palm oil too). Left it on all day with plastic bag etc. yesterday and just rinsed out. Worked very very well for me and my hair is very damaged. Ojon probably works really well- I never tried it 'cos I can't afford it basically. Hope this helps others. (Now when it's on QVC I feel sooo smug!) Amanda P.S. I can't put any links up for you 'cos I'm new.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
AmandaW wrote:

The information that comes with the shampoo states that it is a rich palm oil that comes from the Ojon tree which grows in the remote tropical rainforests of South America, and that the Miskito Indians have been using this oil for centuries. I can't imagine that the company would make this claim if they were using a common American oil. Let's hope not anyway! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
fishzebby wrote:

Hi Fishzebby - I have no idea where you can find pureology (but I sure am curious about it now!)..I get Ojon from the Canadian Shopping Channel...
HTH
Pudoodles

Pudoodles - if you have a Green Apple or Chatter's near you, that's where I buy my Pureology. I tried buying Ojon off the CSC last time they featured it, but when I went to order it, it was already sold out! Next time I'll try to get in a little earlier! Laughing

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
The information that comes with the shampoo states that it is a rich palm oil that comes from the Ojon tree which grows in the remote tropical rainforests of South America, and that the Miskito Indians have been using this oil for centuries. I can't imagine that the company would make this claim if they were using a common American oil. Let's hope not anyway!

Hi- the ingredients listed on net for the restorative treatment are:
Elaeis Oleifera (American Palm Oil), Parfum, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Serenoa Serrulata (Serenoa Serrulata - fruit extract )=Saw Palmetto), Prunus Africana (Prunus Africana Bark extract)(from AFRICA).
As you can see- is there anything else here that could possibly be the 'Ojon' nut?! It claims this comes from the heart of America - so I can't see which other 'magic' ingredient it could be.

I just know i had fantastic results- and wanted to give others the opportunity to save some $$$ by trying this if they want too.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:

I get Pureology from beauty supply stores.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
AmandaW wrote:
The information that comes with the shampoo states that it is a rich palm oil that comes from the Ojon tree which grows in the remote tropical rainforests of South America, and that the Miskito Indians have been using this oil for centuries. I can't imagine that the company would make this claim if they were using a common American oil. Let's hope not anyway!

Hi- the ingredients listed on net for the restorative treatment are:
Elaeis Oleifera (American Palm Oil), Parfum, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Serenoa Serrulata (Serenoa Serrulata - fruit extract )=Saw Palmetto), Prunus Africana (Prunus Africana Bark extract)(from AFRICA).
As you can see- is there anything else here that could possibly be the 'Ojon' nut?! It claims this comes from the heart of America - so I can't see which other 'magic' ingredient it could be.

I just know i had fantastic results- and wanted to give others the opportunity to save some $$$ by trying this if they want too.

Nope, no Ojon nut. So what are we paying $70 for?! This sounds like grounds for a lawsuit, because they even make these claims on the shampoo bottles! hmm Confused

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Nope, no Ojon nut. So what are we paying $70 for?! This sounds like grounds for a lawsuit, because they even make these claims on the shampoo bottles!

Sportygirl - please don't mention me in the lawsuit! Laughing I read this on another board some time back - as I said I can only get E.Guineensis - but works great as a pack. I just can't bear to see people paying top notch for something that has readily available main ingredients - only reason I posted was to give others a choice that someone else passed on inadvertantly to me. Can't speak for the rest of the range, never tried any of it in fact, but I always read up on ingredients. I also scrunch a bit into dry hair to give it shine. Only a tiny bit though! Amanda
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
AmandaW wrote:
Nope, no Ojon nut. So what are we paying $70 for?! This sounds like grounds for a lawsuit, because they even make these claims on the shampoo bottles!

Sportygirl - please don't mention me in the lawsuit! Laughing I read this on another board some time back - as I said I can only get E.Guineensis - but works great as a pack. I just can't bear to see people paying top notch for something that has readily available main ingredients - only reason I posted was to give others a choice that someone else passed on inadvertantly to me. Can't speak for the rest of the range, never tried any of it in fact, but I always read up on ingredients. I also scrunch a bit into dry hair to give it shine. Only a tiny bit though! Amanda

OK - just finished doing a little research on this particular oil, and American palm oil means grown in the Americas, Central America to be exact, not the USA America. I think this is what was confusing. The Ojon trees do grow in Central America, and the oil is extracted from those trees. Whew! Thought I was getting ripped off there for a minute! Laughing
But thanks for the heads-up, nobody wants to waste thier money! Smile

5% products discount

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella, thanx for the tip about Burts Bees! I just bought some of their shimmer sticks.

drugstore dot com sells pureology and ships oversees.

Once a month I take my left over OCM (castor and almond oil), heat it up and put it on my hair overnight (just make sure you change the pillow case!). I love the way my hair feels afterwards!

hth

Toni
AmandaW

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sporty girl - I know what you're saying, but my point is that the active ingredient is just American palm oil which is supposed to be widely used in food and cosmetics, and readily available. I am trying to post links but am having trouble. Don't they state they are the only one's with rights to this ingredient? I have a link for another product containing this which explains how the Miskito people call the american palm nut Ojon. I thought Ojon was translated into "the people with beautiful hair?" Have you heard that too? I truly believe there is a lot of hype to this- just my opinon. However, if it's working well for you and you are happy that's truly what matters. Amanda
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
From what I understand, the Ojon is a tree, and the oil is extracted from the nuts of this tree. Other American palm oils may come from different sources (not sure), but your right, the most important thing is if it works! And it does. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
AmandaW wrote:

I just wanted to clarify which product is really improving your hair, the palm oil or CAT Extreme. I have tried the CAT Extreme (in fact I always keep a box handy and do a treatment with this for 20 minutes once a month) and my hair feels like silk after using the CAT.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |