Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Have you tried the new wrinkle filler at Kohl's?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
porkchop
5% products discount

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
There is a new product that Kohl's department store is selling. It is Tri-Aktiline instant deep wrinkle filler currently on sale for $34.99.

Has anybody used it? Your results, comments..?
NURSE35

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
JUST BOUGHT IT FROM KOHLS...FEELS GREAT SO FAR Laughing Anyone else try it yet???
porkchop
5% products discount

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody else tried this product?
porkchop
5% products discount

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Nurse35 What do you think so far? Did you see any immediate results?
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Does it work?
porkchop
5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
They really brag on this to be a good product? Has anybody else tried it yet?
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Gotta bump this thread - Today I received a sample of it in the mail (and I assume other regular Kohl's shoppers did as well).

I just washed up for the evening and for the heck of it put a little on under my eyes where I have a lot of lines ... the lines are now gone. I'm not kidding. Gone. But, my feeling is if I used this during the day it would not work as well, as I wear SPF moisturizer, MMU, etc., and I don't understand if this goes on first or last from the other stuff. If I put it on first it will only get smeared away, if I put it on last I don't see how it will grab the skin.

It's nice to look ten years younger at home in my P.J.'s, but who are we kidding - I want this to work in the daytime. Has anyone else used this product, and if so, how? I will post again if I can figure this stuff out.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I so want to hear more about this before I plunk down more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Shock
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
As do I, Frodo..as do I ..if anyone notices an improvement on their "11's" between the eyebrows or mild forehead lines with the Kohl's filler, please let us know post haste! Many thanks, dear ladies..
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Is it like those spackle products you get to fill in lines or does it work to improve the skin?
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it's just a spackle or not - the package says if you use it long enough you will see an improvement, but of course we all know better to believe that kind of claim just on what they say.

Anyway, I tried using it during the day and it didn't work as well for me as on plain skin in the evening. Was a mess when I tried using it with sunscreen/moisturizer & MMU.

I would love to know if anyone can figure out how to work this stuff for daytime use because it really does help with lines (at least my undereye ones, I don't know about super-deep wrinkles).
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Could you just try it underneath your foundation - maybe on a day when it doesn't matter if it goes wrong.
Cool
kitkat5891

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
The cream goes on morning or night. You should rub the cream into the wrinkle fully and let it sit for 30 to 60 seconds. You can then put on you creams and makeup.
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
not this one, but i have tried some skincare and makeup products from Kohls before, didn't like it... Confused Confused Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Those of you using this care to give us an update.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Those of you using this care to give us an update.

bumping and to see if anyone has tried the Smooth-365.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
but no one here mentions what the ingredients are.... Crying or Very sad

Can someone tell us what the label says?

Tks
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Need the ingredients. This will tell the story.
havana8

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder in trouble over 'instant' wrinkle filler

By Katie Bird | 07-Jan-2009—Estée Lauder is the latest company to run into trouble with the UK advertising standards agency (ASA) for making claims about its product that could not be supported.

The print advert claimed that by using the Tri-Aktiline Instant Deep Wrinkle Filler consumers would “Start to see your wrinkles disappear INSTANTLY!”.

Other claims appearing in the advert included: “After 4 weeks of continued use: 83 percent reported improvement in the appearance of lines. After 8 weeks of continued use: clinical studies measured a 45 percent visible reduction in wrinkle depth and length.”

According to Estée Lauder the claim was based on a clinical test on 25 women using photo imaging techniques. The company explained that Tri-Aktiline was formulated with polymers that act as fillers for the lines and wrinkles in the skin, hence the instantaneous effect.

Unsubstantiated claims

The company submitted the study to the ASA. However, after seeking expert advice, the regulatory body concluded it was not sufficient to support the claim. Criticisms of the trial included the fact that it was non randomized, not blind and did not contain a control group.

Estée Lauder also conducted a consumer evaluation study on 50 women, concluding that ‘68% of participants reported that Tri-Aktiline was either extremely, very, or somewhat effective in immediately filling-in fine lines or wrinkles.’

According to the ASA, however, full method and results of the consumer study were not submitted so this cannot be taken as supporting evidence.

Estée Lauder has been asked by the ASA not to publish this advert again in its current form.

New guidelines should help

The case comes shortly after the publication of guidelines by the UK cosmetics trade association the CTPA with the aim of reducing the number of clashes between cosmetic companies and the regulatory authorities.

The new guidelines, published in October 2008, were written with input and advice from the ASA and aim to clarify the properties of a cosmetic, the types of claims that can be made and what evidence is needed to back these up.

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Products-Markets/Estee-Lauder-in-trouble-over-instant-wrinkle-filler
havana8

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Need the ingredients. This will tell the story.

AKTILINE instant deep wrinkle filler

3.5% Gatuline/Kombuchka PH/Argireline Complex

Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Dimethicone, C12-14 Pareth-12, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Algae Extract, Biotin, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Caffeine, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Linoleic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol/Potassium Sulfate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acmella Oleracea Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Hydrolyzed Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Linolenic Acid, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glycerin, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Extract, Hexylene Glycol, PEG-8, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Lecithin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Silica, 1,2-Hexanediol, Xanthan Gum, Isostearyl Lactate, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin
Skin Care Junky
5% products discount

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was given a tube of this for Christmas in 2007 and still have a good amount of it left. I used it for a while on fine lines but found that it was drying for my skin and caused me to breakout where I used it. I use it on my nose now to keep it from getting shiny. I liked it, it is a very thick product, but it didn't quite work as I expected. My skin is super sensitive and extremely prone to breakouts so I can't use a lot of products even if I like them.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
So, the active ingredients are argireline and peptides - and inactives look like silicones, preservatives, herbal thingies, emulsifiers and proteins?

Looks fishy to me : (noticed pisces protein on the label:)

BF
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
So, the active ingredients are argireline and peptides - and inactives look like silicones, preservatives, herbal thingies, emulsifiers and proteins?

Looks fishy to me : (noticed pisces protein on the label:)

BF

*snerk*

that's why I went for the smooth-365. The olay 30 sec line filler is, I think the same kind of product as tri-actilane, but with more agireline and matrixyl. I'm so far impressed with the olay as a cosmetic and the smooth-365 is cool so far as well

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |