Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Where is Topical Panothenic Acid available? (Topical B5)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:27 am      Reply with quote
There is a topical form to Panothenic Acid (B5) which some people have recommended, but I cannot seem to find it on the web.

Can anyone guide me as to where I may get it? It's for reducing sebum excretion, and I want to try it out.

This would mean a lot to me, as I am trying to find some desperately Smile

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year by the way Smile
havana8

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Were you thinking of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel? I've also read about Vilantae (www.vilantae.com).

HTH Smile

p.s. quickly searching in Google comes up with a Vitamin B-Complex cream by Sarati (http://www.sarati.com/index.php?id=7) plus some others
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Were you thinking of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel? I've also read about Vilantae (www.vilantae.com).

HTH Smile

p.s. quickly searching in Google comes up with a Vitamin B-Complex cream by Sarati (http://www.sarati.com/index.php?id=7) plus some others

Interesting, I looked up SkinCeuticals, and they were a bit pricey. I also checked out vilantae, I wonder if it truely works? Have you had any experience with it before?

I also don't know if the b-complex cream would be as effective as the b5 alone?
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I am also wondering if it would be wise to simply buy some B5 capsules, and just mix the powder with water, and then use it as a toner on my t-zones before my moisturizer?
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:28 am      Reply with quote
The B vitamins all work synergystically, at least when ingested, so I would go for a B Complex strategy. B vitamins alone are much less (if at all) effective.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I've no first-hand experience with any of these.... I think the Skinceuticals B5 Gel has been mentioned numerous times on the forum, though. You might be able to find what you are looking for by searching for it through the forum Search function. If you do decide to make your own mix, there *might* be something helpful in the DIY thread.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
You can get a powder form of this on the SAS website and mix it in with something you already use. HTH!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I have the Cellex C Hydra B5 potion...isn't this hyaluronic acid? Embarassed
Pudoodles
bluebelle
5% products discount

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
You can get DIY supplies to make a Pantothenic Acid facial serum or cream at places likewww.gardenofwisdom.com andwww.skinactives.com

That's what I do. Smile

Age: 37. Coloring: Fair, blue eyes, any red marks can be seen from 20 feet away. Acne-prone, with combo-to-dry skin. Currently loving: GoW's mandelic acid serum, and beta glucans + topical antioxidants and vitamins for clear, calm, glowing skin.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this under the SkinCeuticals B5 gel review also.

I found this DIY recipe.
Source: http://www.skinacea.com/diy/diy-recipes.html#B5

HOMEMADE SKINCEUTICALS B5 SERUM

SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel is a very popular serum that adds a boost of hydration to your skin. You can make your own at-home version for a fraction of the cost.

Ingredients:

3/8 teaspoon hyaluronic acid powder
1/4 teaspoon Vitamin B5 powder
2 tablespoons distilled water
1-2 drops liquid preservative (optional)
1 glass bottle

Instructions:

To make the serum, mix everything together inside the bottle. You can add more or less water depending on how thick or liquidy you want the serum to be.

Comments:

If you don’t add a preservative, make sure you use this up in about a week or two so it stays fresh.

I have purchased HA serums (Garden of Wisdom, etc. I have not tried this one (yet)

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Do I have to store it in a refrigerator for that two weeks while I am using it. Pls advise. I am new to all the DIY process of mixing creams.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |