Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
If you've used Camellia Oil & also Emu oil, could you co
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have Camellia oil and it's ok, I use it on my forehead fine lines thinking that over the long run it will help build some collagen and reduce fine lines, but I don't love it - for some reason it feels kind of "dry" and like it doesn't sink in.

So I'm wondering will I "see" better results right away with Emu oil? I've tried all kinds of other oils, just wondering why is Emu oil so "popular" - is it because it helps more with the fine lines, or because it makes the skin glow. If it's just because it makes the skin glow then I think I'll pass for now - I'm hoping it helps more than Camellia oil for fine lines.

I had an oil once that was so wonderful and I've asked about this before, it started with a "K", and it helped my fine lines so much, immediate gratification, but I can't remember the name of the oil. It wasn't Kakui Nut oil, and I bought it from a website that no longer exists called "Beauty-Take-Out". So if anyone has ever used that oil let me know the name of it. It had about 3 syllables I think. It didn't feel dry like some oils, and it sank in real fast.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I've tried both Camelia and Emu, I don't know how they affect fine lines, I only use them for extra winter moisture and after using CP's to help them penetrate.

I can say that I think Camellia sinks into the skin on my face better than emu. Emu tends to make me greasy after a short while. However, I get sore ankles and emu is wonderful for making the pain go down. Very Happy
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've only used Camellia. I think it seald in moisture and use it for extra moisturizing. I also like grapeseed oil...it's rather greasy, but my skin soaks it up really well. It's rather inexpensive for a good sized bottle.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Same here. Camellia sinks in better in my skin and doesn't feel as oily. Emu is supposed to be good but it is really oily on me.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
luvsgracy-- I used camellia oil for a while. I really liked the fact that it's supposed to help rejuvenate the skin, but unfortunately I'm afraid it was just too heavy for me, and I gave up on it. I don't have any experience with emu oil (I'm a vegetarian), but after the camellia oil I lucked upon something called Moisture Enrich ($14.95 atwww.zenbiotic.com.). It's a blend of skin-rejuvenating oils like avocado, apricot, almond, etc. I expected it to be greasy like the camellia oil and take forever to soak in, but actually it's absorbed into my face so quickly that I can apply make up right afterwards with no wait time! The key to getting a good application is misting your face with something (caudalie grape water, etc) first, then smoothing in the Moisture Enrich. If you are looking for something with the moisturizing and skin-rejuvenating properties of camellia without the grease, this could be just the thing for you.

Another thing I'm using right now that might be a good option for you is Chrysalyx ($59.95 atwww.greatnewskin.com.). It's a lotion and it's ULTRA-light, and it contains wrinkle fighters like DMAE, antioxidants, etc.

HTH!

5% products discount

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I also feel camellia oil sinks into my skin better than emu. Emu oil feels oily on my skin and takes a long time to soak in. I also feel more comfy using a plant oil. While I liked emu oil it grossed me out thinking about where it's from sometimes. I didn't see difference on my lines while on emu and I just started using camellia, too early to tell.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
The camellia oil I used...the brand was Silkia...got it off ebay for about $13. It does last a long time. I've heard that rosehip oil is really great.....any comments?
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
My mom likes rosehip oil. She's been using it for a few weeks and her lines have gotten better. Her skin glows more. I hear it might cause problems for acne prone skin though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have and use both.

Even though I like Cameila Oil there is no comparison between them at all in my eyes. I have very sensitive combo towards oily skin. After Emu oil combo my skin is calm, even looking and much much smoother.
To make Emu Oil penetrate it shoud be either combined with HA (in the palm of your hand), or you can prepare a combo, which is what I do thanks to the invaluable advice from another member Tangal. My current combo is Emu + Hazelnut (for astringent properties) + Red Rasp. Seed oil (antioxidant + clams to be UV protective) + jojoba. It does penetrate a lot better.

I have read on another forum that EMu is the only oil capable of rebuiding/restoring skin's protective barrier. It was explained by a biochemist, who was not selling any of them. I no longer remember the explanation, just the fact.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
luvsgracy wrote:
just wondering why is Emu oil so "popular" - is it because it helps more with the fine lines, or because it makes the skin glow.

For me luvsgracy that's just it - I find it much more plumping for fine lines especially around my eyes. I'm using it most lavishly at the moment because I've got some cheap stuff. I ladle it on after HA, pat it in, wait 15 mins and then blot. It really suits my skin type for some reason. Looks just right after this - not shiny, just a sort of well moisturised demi-matte. And the lines are well minimised.

I like Camellia too. I'd say it was my second favourite oil. It gives me skin a nice sheen and feels quite light, but I don't feel it's line plumping.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody tried pomegranate seed oil, it's quite costly, but apparently it is highly protective and antioxidant.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I use both, camelia and emu oils. Emu sinks in better, and I can see more anti-inflammatory action from it. I have greasier feeling on my face from camelia oil.
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much everyone! I'm going to have to try a sample of Emu oil.

To MOLLY and JUMPINGBALL, could you tell me which exact type/brand of emu oil you use? Is it Dremu or some other brand, is it "ultra" emu or "clear" emu?

Manslayerliz: thanks so much, I got a sample of Chrysalyx a few days ago, and it's too "rich" for my very break-out prone T-zone but I'm trying it on my crow's feet area and neck and I think it's helping some already, then I follow with Camellia oil.

The Zenbiotics oil sounds wonderful! I had been looking at their website.
thanks everyone!
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
luvsgracy, I use ultra emu from lbprocessors. I've got the sample of clear emu oil, so it'd be interesting to compare the results.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Luvsgracy - I was using the ultra-emu, but I'm actually happier now I've returned to unprocessed emu. If you want to shop at EDS you could get Dremu which is nice, but overpriced. If you do that pick up some PSF's Hyaluronic Acid at the same time. You'll find most emu lovers use both together, especially for day wear. The HA helps to suck in the emu and plumps too. Or better still if you've got some cash to burn get some Berry Beneficial which is HA based but chock full of anti-oxidants and use that instead of HA.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I tried many brands and types of Emu, but the one I love the most is Ultra Emu from LB Processors.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have silkia camellia oil, emu, jojoba and rosehip. The silkia dosen't sink in as well as the emu. It leaves a greasy feeling, for a long time. The emu I love, but if I use too much its also greasy. you only need a tiny bit I guess, and it helps when I dampen my face first like someone mentioned. It soaks in much quicker that way. I just got the kosmea rosehip oil last week, and I do like it. I am prone to breakouts around my chin, and this dosen't seem to make that worse. I hate the smell though. It stinks, and its the color of vit.c when it goes real bad, so that put me off at first, but overall, I think the rosehip oil is great so far, and I think it is supposed to help with lines too.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
I think the rosehip oil is great so far, and I think it is supposed to help with lines too.

I know it's supposed to, but it doesn't with mine at all. The smell reminds me of ship oil for treating wood, which I quite like actually. I agree the colour's a bit freaky and I think I can see it on my skin.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I agree the colour's a bit freaky and I think I can see it on my skin.

I thought I'm the only one who sees the color. I tried to use rosehip oil under my eyes, but I ended up with red-brownish skin in under eye area. I never saw anyone else mentioned the coloration of the skin form rosehip oil.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Rosehip seed oil contains a lot of Vit. c and should not be used at the same time as CPs.
Not sure if anyone is interested in it, but it is important not to combine the two.

I like rasp. seed oil a lot.

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am always learning something new on the forums, I have not used my Hyaluronic acid with my emu oil, thanks for the great tip.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:53 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Rosehip seed oil contains a lot of Vit. c and should not be used at the same time as CPs.
Not sure if anyone is interested in it, but it is important not to combine the two.

I like rasp. seed oil a lot.

HTH,
Lucy.

I just got some organic raspberry seed oil, I've never used it before. I am planning to mix it with some oil soluble vit c and use it in the morning.

How did you use it, sigma?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

Where do you get this info Lucy? I've seen it mentioned here before, but the producers never say it contains Vit C and I would have thought it was a good selling point if it did have it.

BTW it's fine to use it with CPs. It's just the C will be neutralised.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Molly,

thank you so much for pointing out my mistake.
It contains vit. A (not C), and I am not sure why I thought that it were vit. C.

I guess that explains the orangy color that it has as well Sea Buckthorn Oil.

Definitely should not be a problem to use with CPs.

I currently prepare a mix of Emu Oil with Hazelnut Oil (astringent qualities) + Rasp . Seed oil (antioxidants, also supposedly has SPF over 50) + jojoba. I do a small quantity at a time and remix once it is used up.

For Vit. C - I got L-asorbic acid and mixed it with water and veg. glycerin to use it in the evening.

Again, sorry for posting incorrect info, will be more careful in the future.

Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I see the color too, but its not that bad.
Thats too bad about the lines. I was hoping that mixed with ha it would help the lines under my eyes a bit. Ah well, you can't win em all I guess.

p.s. was relieved to find out it had vit. A in it, NOT vit. c. Phew.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |