Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Bummed - getting older
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, all. I turn 35 Saturday, and I am so bummed about it. I feel like I should still be in my 20's, and here I am at mid-30's Sad . I want to do something fun for my B'day. Any suggestions?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Hi, all. I turn 35 Saturday, and I am so bummed about it. I feel like I should still be in my 20's, and here I am at mid-30's Sad . I want to do something fun for my B'day. Any suggestions?

Okay, first be thankful that you aren't (like me) turning 50 Wink . You are going to get older, hell, everyone is getting older that fact can't be escaped. Do whatever makes you happy on your birthday and enjoy today, now, instead of fearing what may come. I quite enjoyed my thirties which I felt was like my twenties.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus - 1st of all, Happy Birthday!! 2nd - enjoy 35! And the years to follow. I found that I really didn't 'know myself' until I hit my 30's. It's only a number.

Rufus wrote:
Tosca wrote:

Okay, first be thankful that you aren't (like me) turning 50 Wink . You are going to get older, hell, everyone is getting older that fact can't be escaped. Do whatever makes you happy on your birthday and enjoy today, now, instead of fearing what may come. I quite enjoyed my thirties which I felt was like my twenties.

Tosca!! We should all look like you do. 50? Hell if that's what it looks like I'll be happy to fast forward 8 years!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I know it's silly! Embarassed There are just a lot of things that I expected to have accomplished by now, and I'm still floundering about. I guess you always feel like that. Thanks for the Happy Birthday, Candy!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
Tosca wrote:

Happy Birthday to both of you! Rufus, if it isn't your birthday soon, I'm sure it will come around soon enough. Smile Tosca, I will be turning 35 in July. I can't believe it either. Truth be told, I get bummed as well. There are so many things I thought I'd have by this time, but that hasn't happened yet. I do understand where you are coming from, but 35 isn't old. I look at pictures of me when I was in my 20's and remember how self conscious I was. I actully looked pretty good. So, I realized that I lost those years worrying about things that truly weren't worth it. I don't want to spend my 30's that way. Have a great birthday! You're only going to be 35 once.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Tosca.

What can I say, girl. I'm 47! ( how did that happen?!)

I'm TOTALLY bummed to be this age!

I'd adore to be 35!

Enjoy it while you can sweetheart, youth is short!

I hope you have a really great day and a really great year.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:01 am      Reply with quote
I am 38 today.
Very Happy
I went to the pictures and saw The Queen, did some shopping in Sydney and then bought some stuff on the internet.
I had a great birthday.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday to you too, Emma.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! It's so nice to talk to people who understand. You guys are very good at cheering people up.

Happy Birthday, Emma!!!
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Tosca, I think that 35 was my most favorite year to be. Old enough to make better decisions but young enough to still, well,"feel young"; if that makes any sense, he,he. I'm 53 and would love, love, love to be 35 again but of course with all the knowledge and wisdom that I have now. Have a great 35th year of life.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthdays Tosca and Emma Exclamation Exclamation Ditto to what everyone else said. Maybe a little spa pckg would cheer you up!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Okay. (Deep breath) Going to enjoy 35.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm bummed about how we all feel about age. At least once a month, I hear someone in the 20s bemoan that they are getting older. Egads. I understand, and I've been there, but what a shame. From experience, the 30s beat the 20s 100 percent. I'm hoping that the same will prove true with the 40s (and 50s and 60s and 70s...)

Here is my experience: When I was 29, I hated to turn 30. I felt like it was all just going to be downhill from there. Then when I was around 32, I took up some wonderful new hobbies (hiking, kayaking, and dance) with a passion. I got in shape, felt wonderful about life, and developed some amazing friendships. I was 10 times more beautiful inside and outside when I was 35 than when I was 25. I never would have guessed that that would be the case when I turned 30. I'll be 40 soon, and I sense a turning point in my goals and objectives. It's no longer so important to be considered "young and sexy," I'm happy with just "sexy," and I'm looking forward to new adventures.

For activity suggestions, do something you have never done before, embark on a new hobby, eat a new exotic food. Celebrate all you have yet to experience.

Sure, there are undeniable physical changes as we age, but there are also wonderful gifts that come with living through the years, like wisdom, appreciation, perspective, confidence, independence, courage, resilience, and strength.

Happy birthday, Tosca! I hope the coming years just keep getting better and better...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Jeannine. I know you're right.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
happy birthday Emma, and happy birthday to you Torsca.
I am turning to 33 in June and yet i dont have any kids, that fact worries me and I am always afriad maybe I wont be able to have any.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Happy birthday to everyone with a birthday around this time.

I was 45 on Sunday & Candy told me 40's are the new 20's or something like that, so 35 must be a teenager so enjoy every moment of it.

Gracedhy,

These days there are loads of fab role models having babies later in life. No need to panic you have lots more time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Candy told me 40's are the new 20's

I'll have to try and remember this when I'm feeling down in the dumps - almost makes it sound glam instead of just plain old and tired (which is how I feel right now Sad ). Tosca, 35 is a nice age, would love to be there again Laughing .
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Happy birthday Tosca and Emma! I'm turning 30 next week myself! I do have a few concerns with turning 30, but they're more like grace's since I have no children yet either. I know there is still time, but I have so many friends/relatives my age that have had so many problems trying to get pregnant and it just scares me more so that I won't be able to when and if I ever marry (that's a whole other story!).

Other than that I really don't mind turning 30 so much. I'm possibly about to switch careers and I'm looking forward to what the next decade has in store for me.

Oh and Tosca, I'm treating myself to a couple of spa treatments on the day of my b-day, so you may want to do something similar as well. I can't imagine being bummed out while I'm getting a swedish massage! Laughing
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Happy birthday Tosca and Emma! I'm turning 30 next week myself! I do have a few concerns with turning 30, but they're more like grace's since I have no children yet either. I know there is still time, but I have so many friends/relatives my age that have had so many problems trying to get pregnant and it just scares me more so that I won't be able to when and if I ever marry (that's a whole other story!).

Other than that I really don't mind turning 30 so much. I'm possibly about to switch careers and I'm looking forward to what the next decade has in store for me.

Oh and Tosca, I'm treating myself to a couple of spa treatments on the day of my b-day, so you may want to do something similar as well. I can't imagine being bummed out while I'm getting a swedish massage! Laughing

Tamgirl, I am one of them, i have been trying for years! and lost one in June! ;( Embarassed
but dont stress yourself out before you even give it a try! good luck to you!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Tosca!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Gracedhy,
I am sending you a hug & I am really sorry for your loss.

I also hope you get the baby you want soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I am 38 today.
Very Happy
I went to the pictures and saw The Queen, did some shopping in Sydney and then bought some stuff on the internet.
I had a great birthday.

Happy Birthday Emma!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Gracedhy,
I very sorry for your loss.
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca, Happy Birthday! 35?? Rolling Eyes Damn, I just turned 50 last week Crying or Very sad --35 looks REALLY good! Seriously, have a great day; get a massage, go out with your best girlfriends, see a chick flick (Dreamgirls is fantastic), drink some good wine........enjoy yourself!
Robin
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori and doba, thank you both for your kind wishes. I really wish to have two kids before i turn to 35! i am working hard towards this target!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |