Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
What do you know now than you wish you knew then?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 26 and feel old...after years of not putting the extra effort in to care for my skin, or watch my diet and exercise routine, I'm starting to realize that aging and weight gain will accelerate even faster if I don't make adjustments. What beauty and diet regiments do you wish you started earlier in life? I would also appreciate any bit of wisdom about any aspects of life that anyone of you would be kind enough to throw my way. Smile
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I knew that I was photosensitive to the sun much sooner. My skin was very fragile for a long time during my childhood. I didn't realize it was from the sun. I didn't start wearing sunscreen until I was in my early 20's. I also wish I used a physical sunblock.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
At 26 do not worry you are young and beautiful, enjoy.
I know that sleep is important and stress wreaks havoc. SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN!
Appreciate your parents (even if they sometimes drive you crazy) Be kind and don't forget the moisturizer.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Wear a good sunscreen and, if necessary, a hat when outside. The sunscreen is absolutely essential as the sun is the one thing that will age your skin. And don't forget sunglasses to protect your eyes.
A good cleanser that will clean your skin properly without stripping it and a good moisturiser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
WEAR SUNSCREEN ALL OVER

Accept who you are.

Eat healthy foods for good health and looks.

I love the song "This One's for All The Girls" by Martina McBride b/c we really are alike when it comes down to it.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I wish I started *not tanning* earlier in life. And wearing sunscreen every day, year-round. I wish that I had made exercise a regular commitment (if not daily, then 4-5 times per week) so that it would be habit by now; I hate exercising and I really think I would have a different attitude towards it if it was just part of my normal self-care routine.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Sunblock!!! More than anything else, this is the one thing I wish I'd done when I was younger.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I am 32 now and I started wearing sunscreen only last year, thanks to the EDS forum. I wish I could have come here earlier!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
When I was in high school I read a book by Paula Begoun that said that everyone needed to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day, so from that day on I wore one on my face every day.... but I totally neglected my hands!! Now I'm 25 and there are no age spots on my face, but there are several on my hands and I'm afraid there are more to come! Sad So, please protect your hands too, ladies!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
sunscreen. Especially on my chest. It looks like a map of England, but I am repairing the damage slowly.

I wish I had never started smoking.

I wish I had known the right products to use on my skin instead of all the crappy drugstore hyped up crap that I believed would keep me looking young because I believed the sales pitch.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I would have educated myself on how my skin works earlier.

I would have used higher quality products with more natural ingredients.

Sunscreen, obviously. Have been o.k. using it on face but not body Sad .

I would have found EDS sooner Smile .

I would be nicer to myself. [/i]
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen and more sunscreen.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I wish that I hadn't tanned as a teenager.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I quit smoking almost two years ago. Quitting has kicked off an amazing chain reaction of positive health and skin changes. I wish I'd had known long ago all the good things that would come from quiting. I would've quit much earlier or maybe never even started in the first place. I haven't felt or looked this good in years. Very Happy
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the sunscreen! I never really was one to sit out in the sun, and I would always have a face cream or makeup with an SPF and thought that was enough, but now I'm really starting to see the hyper-pigmentation come to the surface of my skin. So I know I should have been more diligent about using good sunscreen all the time.

Also, wearing sunglasses! I think it really helps with the prevention of wrinkles around the eyes too. I've always worn sunglasses outside the majority of the time when I'm driving, etc., and I only have very fine lines (no wrinkles) around my eyes.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
bears wrote:
Sunscreen and more sunscreen.

....and even more sunscreen...and no sunbathing at all....there are also some non-cosmetic things you can do: don't worry about things that you can't control...stress ages the entire system (HELLO WRINKLES!).....oh ya - and try not to give a @#$% what people think of you (as long as you're true to yourself!)I worried myself into a tizzy as a younger woman - what a waste of time!....and LAUGH as much as possible! Happy people are beautiful!!!
Pudoodles
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your replies. I hear you on the sunscreen! I am using Olay Total effects and just ordered the Juice sunscreen too. Pudoodles, thank you for re-affirming what I am currently working on. I'm working on the stress levels and not caring about others. I find that ladies are so much harsher to other ladies- the catty ones tend to have jealous streaks or judge you for the silliest things like appearance and clothes.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I regret being a sun-worshipper for so long, and thinking a tan was more important than healthy, great skin! UGH! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Regrets? Thinking I would always be able to eat what I want without putting on weight! It creeps on slowly....beware.

I would recommend putting moisturiser down onto your neck and decollete area or even better buying one especially for that area. It will certainly help to keep away those 'necklace' lines and crepey saggy skin.

Also look after your hands, lots of decent hand cream and sunscreen on those too. Avoid the brown marks/sun spots.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
[Ho my god ! I quit 2 days ago (this is my main resolution for 2007) So please tell me "all the good things that came from quiting"...I need a little support Crying or Very sad

quote="Misha"]I quit smoking almost two years ago. Quitting has kicked off an amazing chain reaction of positive health and skin changes. I wish I'd had known long ago all the good things that would come from quiting. I would've quit much earlier or maybe never even started in the first place. I haven't felt or looked this good in years. Very Happy[/quote]

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Squeezing my nose to make my pores clean in my teenage years. Now, the pores are enlarged...... Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
katya I can honestly say that giving up smoking was THE BEST THING I've ever done! Stick with it! I gave up about 16 years ago, will never smoke again. I read the book by Allen Carr, (he was an expert on quitting smoking, if you can get one of his books, DO IT. I read the book and gave up instantly at the end of it, no cravings ever! I have told so many people about this book over the years and many of them have managed to quit because of it too.

A friends mum has terminal cancer at the moment from smoking all her life. She's not yet 60 and she's such a lovely lady.

Apart from the health reasons, food tastes wonderful, things smell great, your clothes/hair etc won't smell of ashtrays anymore.

Put the money that you're saving away each week and give yourself a treat at the end of each month as an incentive.

Good luck
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you...I like the idea of treating myself Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Katya check out the Allen Carr website at...

http://www.allencarrseasyway.com

If my hubby was here, he'd be groaning.... 'here she goes again'!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, life in a nutshell! If I had a daughter, I'd tell her:

Use sunscreen and a good self-tanner.

Find some kind of exercise you enjoy, and do it.

Drink a lot of water.

Eat your veggies.

Floss regularly.

Take time to daydream and think big.

Keep good friends, and let the other ones go.

Learn to be comfortable in your own company.

Don't smoke. If you do, stop. It's the biggest single change you can make to improve your health.

Take yourself on nice vacations; don't wait for someone else to.

Treat yourself at least as well as you would treat a stranger. Hopefully better.

Avoid entanglements with any married men, unless he's your husband.

Laugh. A lot.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |