Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hoodia Diet Patch?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any experience with Hoodia Diet Patch or other Hoodia products? If yes, please let me know what do you think about this.

Thanks you.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Hoodia did make me a bit less hungry, but I was RAVENOUS as soon as I stopped. I ended up gaining weight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Hi. Hoodia did make me a bit less hungry, but I was RAVENOUS as soon as I stopped. I ended up gaining weight.

Thank you.

For how long did you use it?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
HI

I tried the Hoodia tables, made me sick and hallucinate. Side effects were really scary, I had to stop taking them after about a week. These were supposed to be the 100% pure variety too.

Please be careful.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry that should read Hoodia tableTs, not tables!! Even I, couldn't eat a table! Wink
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried hoodia pills - I took one a day for a while, and it did shrink my appetite.

And yes, I was very hungry when they wore off... Confused

But I think overall, you want to eat less while you're taking them - they make reducing easier.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
HI

Sarahb,

Thank you for the warning.

I tried the Hoodia tables, made me sick and hallucinate. Side effects were really scary, I had to stop taking them after about a week. These were supposed to be the 100% pure variety too.

Please be careful.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sarahb,
Thank you for the warning.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Catski,
Thank you very much.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Very helpful info,thank!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Sorry that should read Hoodia tableTs, not tables!! Even I, couldn't eat a table! Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
HI

Please be careful.

Eek!
Doesn't sound like anything I'd want to put in my body...hallucinating?
And if they make you super hungry after you go off of them, (pills or the patch)...I'm not sure why you'd do it in the first place, unless you plan on taking them forever. I'd probably overeat and gain every pound I lost back afterwards.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried 2 brands of Hoodia. Desert Burn and something else - noticed NOTHING.

Then I tried these hoodia lollypops and they are incredible! I notice a pick-me-up but the most important thing is that these taste fanatastic ... pina colada, mixed berry, green apple, butter pecan, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I've tried 2 brands of Hoodia. Desert Burn and something else - noticed NOTHING.

Then I tried these hoodia lollypops and they are incredible! I notice a pick-me-up but the most important thing is that these taste fanatastic ... pina colada, mixed berry, green apple, butter pecan, etc.

Hoodia lollypops sound great! Did they make you less hungry?

Thanks
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
HI

Please be careful.

Funny you say this Sarahb - I had a strange experience with it as well...I felt sick to my stomach, slightly headache-y and just odd...It is hard to describe - I felt strange, almost a foreign funny feeling...I'll never take it again! I take a shot of apple cider vinegar every day and drink lemon water - and I'm GORGEOUS! (I am SO kidding.)...sigh....
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I read that some company in England (? or So. Africa or somewhere) has the exclusive rights to REAL Hoodia and that the product is actually not even out on the market - products that claim to be Hoodia or contain it are actually NOT Hoodia, or at least the specific type of Hoodia that the studies have shown work for reducing appetite! Apparently it will be a while until that Hoodia reaches the market, which would explain the problems you all had/have with these other "Hoodia" products!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Mermaidgirl that is exactly right. The company is in England, the 100% pure Hoodia is supposed to come from South Africa and that is the one that I took, with horrible side effects. Very weird.

I did think it odd at the time that this pill, that could be anything in not particulary attractive packaging was supposed to do all these wonderful things for suppressing your appetite.

I believe the company have a guarantee, if they don't work, send whatever you don't use back to them and they will refund. As far as I can remember, I did that and because I hadn't used that many they gave me nearly a full refund back.

Now I'm dubious why they wanted them back, maybe it was to test that they actually WERE Hoodia as they'd come from a 'foreign' country or maybe they didn't want me to get them checked myself?! It was so strange to have such horrible side effects from something 100% natural?! At the time, I did wonder if I would ever feel right again!!

I've just remembered, Hoodia is supposed to come from or be a plant that the Kalahari bushmen suck on when out for days hunting. It's the only thing they eat and it stops their hunger.

Please beware the 100% natural one from an English importer coming straight from South Africa. The one in Holland and Barrett (a UK health food chain) is not just 100% natural Hoodia and I'm guessing they've tested them!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
So the stuff I used was likely "fake hoodia"....how the heck do these companies get away with doing this - it is just crazy...looks like I was "hoodia-winked"..(groan)...
Pudoodles
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
This is the company I bought it from http://www.purehoodia.co.uk

Check out their site, sounds good doesn't it? Especially when they say you get a refund, it's 100% natural, others is NOT natural.... blah blah blah.

Made me nauseaus (sp?), hallucinate, dizzy, headachey and generally feel unwell, so much so I didn't think I would feel right again!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I bought mine in the UK from a cmpany called Victoria Health, I really trust them to vet any product they sell, and I had no problems with their hoodia.

Of course every person has a unique metabolism and will respond differently, though.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Catski is that the Hoodia complex?

With other ingredients such as..

Di-Calcium phosphate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Garcinia Cambogia Extract, Hoodia Gordonii extract, Stearic Acid, Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose, Chromium chloride.

ie not 100% pure. Maybe that's why it's been OK for you, as it's 'diluted' down.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

Check out their site, sounds good doesn't it? Especially when they say you get a refund, it's 100% natural, others is NOT natural.... blah blah blah.

Made me nauseaus (sp?), hallucinate, dizzy, headachey and generally feel unwell, so much so I didn't think I would feel right again!

SCARY Shock Confused
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

That is bloody criminal...
Pudoodles
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Catski is that the Hoodia complex?

With other ingredients such as..

Di-Calcium phosphate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Garcinia Cambogia Extract, Hoodia Gordonii extract, Stearic Acid, Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose, Chromium chloride.

ie not 100% pure. Maybe that's why it's been OK for you, as it's 'diluted' down.

Thia is the one I have - http://tinyurl.com/yx3sh3

and as far as I can see it's pure Hoodia.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Looking at the jar I see the other ingredients are micro cellulose,mag stearate,gelatin, water.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |