Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

male nose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I need to find a super duper pore cleaning pore smoothing regime for my huband's nose. He has tough skin and he is not going to wear sun screen every day. So I am limited, right? Will everything that does the trick also make him very, very sun sensitive? We live in NYC and he is not getting much sun these days, doing to and from work, I know that. Maybe on the weekend sometimes a bit more but not too much. He will wear it at the beach in the summer but not every day. Not the best situation and it drives me nuts. Mine are bad enough but still lots smaller than his. All the things that work for me don't make any long term changes on him. He is not as bad as I make him out to be but I want him to be the best he can be and I know it is better.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Back before I knew that Biore pore strips were bad for your face (damage and stuff)...I used one on my hubby.

Let's just say he'll never let me touch his face with any skincare remedy again! LOL! Laughing!

You might try a BHA/AHA exfoliant (I use I Feel Pretty fromwww.ifeelprettyproducts.com). It's helped clear out my pores well and it's VERY inexpensive. It's great to have both a BHA and AHA in one product as well.
Tangal (forum member) recommended it to me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
oh thanks. I was just checking out their site! He will use those things but he does not have suff to pull out so much. Just larger pores that are open I think. I actually just tried one on my son and he will never do it again!!! We both told him it was fun to see the gunk come out and he trusted us. He was very unhappy. Why are they bad? I find that I can't use them as often now that I use more exfoliating serums and stuff myself but my nose and chin are really pretty hearty.

What about the sun sensitivity thing with BHA/AHA stuff?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Back before I knew that Biore pore strips were bad for your face (damage and stuff)...I used one on my hubby.

Let's just say he'll never let me touch his face with any skincare remedy again! LOL! Laughing!

He must have momentarily thought you wanted a divorce Embarassed
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

I did the same thing, Paris! I didn't know it was actually bad for the skin....do you know what it is about the strips that makes them particularly bad?
Thanks Very Happy
Pudoodles
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Let him try Borghese Fango Active Mud. And you can also use it. Laughing Really effective to clean your face.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
ah my hubby has the same problem. but he is very unwilling to use any product i suggested. Like Paristoika, i hurted him before and he doesnt trust me any more. but his large pores and occassionally break outs bothers me a lot, i am looking for a gentle pore cleanser for sensitive skins.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I believe that the strips are bad b/c the ripping off over time will cause your pores to stretch out. They can also cause broken caps and skin irritation...I guess some of you ladies or should I say your husband's are aware of that! Laughing I dont know how much truth there is to all that but I personally wouldnt use them.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I think this is hard for us if we notice these things in ourselves and work so hard at improving, to then totally ignore those high standards when it comes to our husbands. It really starts to bug ya. Well, we do what we can and in the end they will only benefit. Some men are naturally more in tuned with this stuff but not the majority and definitley not to the degree we are. At least I am lucky to have one who is willing to do things but I have to do anything other than the routine stuff on him myself and even there I have to monitor and make sure he is remembering the routine stuff every now and then. One time I even snuck some lip plumper on him. He did not like it but it looked great, he he. Laughing [/list]
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |