Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Eluage users - a quick question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I've got the Eluage concentrated gel and don't like the dry powder finish. Does the non-concentrated version have the same kind of finish?
Thanks Molly Cool
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,
I have the concentrate and don't get that finish.
Confused
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Really Emma Question I find it tightening and dry and completely non-moisturising Shock
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
i use it over the regular one (well, it kind of overlaps when i apply) and really haven't paid that much attention to it as i'm usually rushing to get to bed.... that said, i do not use it as a moisturiser. never really considered it one either. it's an active. i use a moisturiser in the morning. if i'm suffering from excessive dryness, i'll take a night or two off and give my eyes something heavy duty to drink.... it took me a while to build up to using it every night, but now my eyes are so used to it that i can even use Diacneal there if it's my D night and i'm being lazy.

maybe put your emu under and see how that works if you're really suffering???
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hijack Molly's thread, but I've been looking into purchasing one of the Avene products as well, specifically this one, and have a few questions. Can everyone use this around the eye area okay? My biggest concern is that I almost always have puffy eyes in the morning and I'm concerned that the HAF in this will make it worse.

Also, I was debating on getting the cream version of this since my skin is normal to really dry this time of year but then I noticed that this version (and all other Avene creams) has hydrogenated castor oil in it. I really try to avoid putting stuff like this on my skin. Does anyone else have any input on this ingredient?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Sorry to hijack Molly's thread, but I've been looking into purchasing one of the Avene products as well, specifically this one, and have a few questions. Can everyone use this around the eye area okay? My biggest concern is that I almost always have puffy eyes in the morning and I'm concerned that the HAF in this will make it worse.

Also, I was debating on getting the cream version of this since my skin is normal to really dry this time of year but then I noticed that this version (and all other Avene creams) has hydrogenated castor oil in it. I really try to avoid putting stuff like this on my skin. Does anyone else have any input on this ingredient?

i am the queen of puffy eyes (mostly hereditary, but allergy induced too) and i haven't had a problem of Eluage making it worse. if anything, IMO, it's tightened them up and made them a wee bit better -- definitely not worse or i wouldn't be using it. as for the gel version, i do think you could put an additional moisturiser of your choice over it if you have a problem with the castor oil. just remember to start slow, though, especially if you're dry. everyone thinks because it's OTC that it's mild. not so. Avene has a way of sneaking up on you....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Molly, I use the concentrated gel also and I don't find it drying at all. It actually feels moisturizing on my skin! Have not used the cream to compare, it is on order and should be here on 1/9.

tamgirl - if you have any wrinkles, you could always just apply to the crows feet at the side of the eye. I actually do find my undereye area puffy in the morning if I use the Eluage all over underneath my eye, but I am battling a few wrinkles and want to give the product a chance to hopefully make a difference.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I bought the concentrate especially for my eye area because I was running out of Ystheal and don't like Diacneal there. I find it too drying and can't add anything on top because it's got weird dry stuff (it even says so in the blurb) for tightening and hiding your wrinkles Confused

Doesn't matter. I just want to know if the Eluage ordinaire is just like the concentrate. If it is then I'll get Ystheal again, which I do like.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks girls! But one more question. I've only seen two Eluage products. The 30ml cream and the 15ml gel concentrate. So Molly, are you wondering if the cream is different than the gel concentrate version? Or is there another Eluage product? I believe the cream is probably different in texture since it has the castor oil in it. I don't remember anyone saying anything about a powdery finish on either of these products on MUA though. Strange!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I swear it does have a powdery finish for me Tamgirl. I don't think it's my imagination.

In fact the company even says it does on their website.(http://www.eau-thermale-avene.com click on international English) I went into all this in another post
Quote:

Another difference is the gel has a "Galenic texture" and I can't fully understand what that means - does anyone know? It says it has an 'instant tensor effect' and uses acrylic copolymers to achieve it. Yuk! who needs that at night? (the French).

The cream contains 'soft focus powders' so you look good in bed I guess - hilarious.

in this thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18292&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Are you talking about reviews on MUA or the notepad because I think that's a little faulty.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Molly,

I looked up "Galenic" and got some conflicting information:

1. leaden, derived from ore
2. like Galen's medicinal practice (re: diagnosis via the four 'humors,' using plant-derived remedies
3. taken from plants (as opp. to being chemically derived)

I think we are approaching definition #3 here... Hopefully it does not pertain to #1!

Anyways, I bought Eluage because it is the only retinol-esque product avail here in Paris w/o a prescription, easily obtainable. I'm NOT impressed, and I'm left wondering why and how all you ladies out there are getting results. After 2 weeks of applying the gel, my undereye lines were more prominent than ever and I now have the beginnings of milia. Just changed to SC retinol again and my skin peeled lightly to reveal a nice new glowy layer. Also, the feeling of SC retinol on the skin is just marvelous... the softest ever! As far as the powdery finish, I found that it plumped up my skin temporarily, and that is about it!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Molly - I wasn't disagreeing with you on the finish, just trying to get clarification and letting you know what I read on the MUA reviews (not notepad). I wonder why none of them mentioned it...strange.

From what I can tell of this product from your experiences, it doesn't sound like it's what I need. Has anyone else tried the others and had results with them? I'm just looking for a smoothing, pore refining effect and not expecting miracles on wrinkles, although that's definitely a plus!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Molly, I have the regular Eluage and it has a moisturizing, glow-y finish on me.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
After 2 weeks of applying the gel, my undereye lines were more prominent than ever and I now have the beginnings of milia.

Oh dear, Avalange - that sounds pretty awful but it did seem to dehydrate and make my lines more obvious too. I wouldn't give up on the Retinaldehydes though. The gel concentrate is the the only one I haven't had success with - the Ystheal and Diacneal are great.

Tamgirl - sorry, I wasn't saying you were disagreeing. I do find it strange that no-one over there finds it powdery/drying either. Maybe the general eluage does feel quite different and moisturising like Poco says. Didn't mean to put you off. The other products have become complete HGs for me - been using them since May or so religiously.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Molly - I have gone to get my tube to see if they are the same - we have similar skin and I was surprised that yours went tight Confused - not doubting you of course but I'm thinking we must have different products.

Mine is the 15mL Gel Concentrate anti ageing reconstructuring - corrects wrinkles and deep lines. I only apply it to my under eye area and upper lip.

Is that one yours?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Emma - That's exactly the same one and it's particularly my undereyes that don't like it.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
No worries Molly! Very Happy So would you recommend I start with Ystheal then? I'm not currently using a retinol product. Is there still a gel version? I had read that it was discontinued, but I'm hoping the gel doesn't have the castor oil in it. If not I will end up having to go with the cream. Were you able to use Ystheal under your eyes without puffiness? Sorry for all the questions! Embarassed
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
For me, I find that the Ystheal emulsion and the Eluage gel are so similar in appearance, texture, and finish that if there were two dollops of them to play with, I would not be able to tell them apart.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
For me, I find that the Ystheal emulsion and the Eluage gel are so similar in appearance, texture, and finish that if there were two dollops of them to play with, I would not be able to tell them apart.

Sounds lovely. I can see I'm going to have to buy and try the non-concentrated Eluage, whatever now just out of obsession. Laughing

TAMgirl - I'd start with the Ystheal or Question Exclamation Eluage cream (I'm buying some tomorrow and will report back) - they're all the same percentage and then graduate to the Diacneal. If I remember rightly you've got quite acid resiliant skin (hope that's you because I get confused by names) so you'd like that. I think you can still get the Ystheal gel on tubotica.com - you could last time I looked.

I don't get puffiness so I can't help you there.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly, I do not have Eluage Gel/Cream but I tested both on my hands at Avene shop. I can definitely say the Gel is drying. I do not know what you mean by "dry powder", but I'd say the finish is dry and not smooth. Wink
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,
I hope the other one suits you better.
That is a bum about the concentrate. Confused
Emma x
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I used to use ystheal gel around the eyes and found it pretty drying unless i applied moisturiser on top.

I now use Eluage cream and find I still need to use moisturiser on top.

Retinol has a tendency to dry skin dosent it? It does mine anyway, i usually have to put moisturiser on top.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like you may want to try the Avene Ystheal+ Emulsion (lotion). It is a lotion consistency and comes in a pump canister. It's not drying whatsoever and I do not put a moisturizer on after applying it in the evening. I believe it has Tocopheryl (Vit. E) in it. Really a nice thin lotion consistency.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone!

MystyPines - Do you use the Ystheal lotion around your eyes and does it help with puffiness? My problem is that I get puffiness whenever I use something emollient on my eye area at night. I wake up in the morning with a lot of swelling. I'm sure my sinus problems don't help either. Rolling Eyes
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I can totally get what Molly is describing coz that is exactly the way I feel about the Eluage concentrate which pisses me off all the more that the lovely Ystheal gel will be discontinued. I like the concept of Eluage but after using it for a a couple of months (and initially liking it) found that it was inferior to the Ystheal gel in terms of texture and absorbency. I really wish they'd do something about it or at least don't bloody stop making the Ystheal! Mad

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |