Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for good MMU blush suggestions!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on MMU blushes. I have ordered some samples from Alima but the color looked so different that the picture of the color son the website. I am thinking of ordering some more samples but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of any good MMU blush colors (any brand). I am a MAC NC15 and blushes I favor are MAC Peaches, Dollymix, Coygirl, Pinch'o'Peach, Desirous, Stray Rose and Peachykeen. If anyone has any suggestions or experiences it would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Kat Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I'm addicted to Alima's blushes! They are the best I've tried! Right now my two faves are Sugar Rose (a neutral beigy-pink), and Dianthus (pink with gold shimmer). They make my face look gorgeous! I've got some other Alima samples I'm planning on trying soon, so I'll keep you updated.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz! I saw your pic on the face behind the name thread! I swear you and I have almost the same skin! Everything that works for you seems to be the same for me skincare wise! Hehe, we both have that extremely pale reactive skin prone to breakouts except I also get rosacea grr!
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Pure Luxe's Blushing Bride is very nice. It is very subtle and can be layered nicely.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Cool thanks poofybabypenguin! I like the look of that. I might order a few samples from them also!!!
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow! poofybabypenguin! What a cool site! They have heaps of shadows too!! Thank you for telling me about it!! Are their foundations good too? I have been using EDM, Alima and UGlogirl.
Kat Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I also have Alima's Sugar Rose and Dianthus -- very pretty. Also check out raesinimages.com... I like Oh My!, Sassy, Bareskin and Honey Honey.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
misskatblack wrote:
Manslayerliz! I saw your pic on the face behind the name thread! I swear you and I have almost the same skin! Everything that works for you seems to be the same for me skincare wise! Hehe, we both have that extremely pale reactive skin prone to breakouts except I also get rosacea grr!

We totally have the same skin! Keep me updated on any good blushes you find, since if they look good on you I know they'll look good on me.

I found another keeper today: Alima's Guava blush. It's kind of peachy, and usually peaches look kind of orange or dirty on me, but this one looks gorgeous and natural (and is a great match for the caramel-colored gloss I'm wearing today^-^).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
misskatblack wrote:

We totally have the same skin! Keep me updated on any good blushes you find, since if they look good on you I know they'll look good on me.

I found another keeper today: Alima's Guava blush. It's kind of peachy, and usually peaches look kind of orange or dirty on me, but this one looks gorgeous and natural (and is a great match for the caramel-colored gloss I'm wearing today^-^).

Uh-oh, Liz... I might just follow you yet again and try the Alima blushes! Wink I am gettin ready to find a new one (I am using up my Jane Iredale). Good thing I can order a bunch of samples as I am hard to match and the colors are kinda hard to see online.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:46 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
Pure Luxe's Blushing Bride is very nice. It is very subtle and can be layered nicely.

I second Poofy's comments!

I also like Pure Luxe's "Coy" (which I think is more intense than "Blushing Bride")and "Nymph" (which is like Nars' "Orgasm"). Alima's "Pink" is very pretty. Ocean Mist's "Vanora" is also very pretty and I think is in the same color family (though a different shade) as PL's "Blusing Bride" and "Coy." All of these are pinky/mauvey/rosy shades, except "Nymph" which is a pinky/peachy/goldy shade.

Also, for those that like pink shades, Everyday Minerals' "Chit-Chat" is my new favorite color! It looks like a sparkly pale to medium bubble-gum pink in the container, but brushes on as more of a glowy raspberry pink shade - you have to be really careful that you don't put too much on! I mix it with a little bit of "Vanora," "Coy," or "Pink" and then cut it further with either Everyday Minerals' Silk Dust or PL's Serecite so the color is not so intense. It reminds me of the finish that "Orgasm" (or PL's "Nymph") give you - just a really natural, blushing-from-within, radiant look.

I get tons of compliments when I wear it, and on my skin (which is quite fair) it is very natural looking, but again, you have to work with it so you don't end up with really intense clown cheeks!

BTW, I am a blush junkie - I have 4 shades of Senna blush that I haven't even opened yet and a load of MMU blush samples I will probably never even bother trying out because I have so many shades I like already!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
how about JL's whisper?
so charming a color and subtle effect
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
misskatblack, I'm glad you love pure luxe's site. Once you are done with their blushes, definitely venture into their eyeshadows. Because they are so generous with their samples, I got so many little pots of PL eyeshadows. They are all so gorgeous and I always get compliments on them. Mermaidgirl mentioned Nymph from PL, which is indeed being advertised as a similar product to Nars Orgasm. I haven't decided if I like it or not because it is very subtle so I layered it on in my bathroom. By the time I checked in normal daylight, it was a freakishly 80's pink colour with hints of purple! So after that, I am much more careful about this colour, less is really more in this case and it's a nice peach so far Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
felinehhy wrote:
how about JL's whisper?
so charming a color and subtle effect

That's what I use in the spring and summer...for some reason it just looks better during those months. Confused It is a lovely color and has hints of shimmer. Gives a very nice glow. And then I have been using JI Parfait for fall and winter. But it just seems a little off with my coloring. I don't like it as much as the whisper.

poofybabypenguin wrote:
misskatblack, I'm glad you love pure luxe's site. Once you are done with their blushes, definitely venture into their eyeshadows. Because they are so generous with their samples, I got so many little pots of PL eyeshadows. They are all so gorgeous and I always get compliments on them.

I also have so many little sample pots from PL! There's plenty in the sample size b/c I use so little for my eyes! I've never had such a variety of eye shadows. Smile

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
... I'm glad you love pure luxe's site. Once you are done with their blushes, definitely venture into their eyeshadows. Because they are so generous with their samples, I got so many little pots of PL eyeshadows. They are all so gorgeous and I always get compliments on them. ...

I HATE PL's website (just so confusingly difficult to navigate), but I LOVE her eyeshadows! They blend so beautifully and almost effortlessly - I cannot imagine going back to regular non-MMU cake shadows after using her stuff (which is bad, because I have TONS of eyeshadows!).

IMHO, she makes the best browns of any MMU eyeshadows out there. She also has a shade called "Amore" which looks like a horrifying, retina-scorching, day-glo fuschia pink with hints of purple, but is actually just gorgeous on the eye with one of her browns blended over it - turns the brown sort of purple-y/raisin - just SO pretty. I think her MMU is actually really good stuff and I am now forgetting why I decided to continue my search for a foundation after trying hers ... might have to go back and get more samples of her stuff and re-try it again! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |